ETH Staying Put | Euros - England & Scotland (and Denmark) | Transfers - United Hour Podcast

Vault Dweller

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Nik(@Rood) and Jamie(@Vault Dweller) are joined by special guest Anders(@Lyng) to celebrate the news that ETH is staying put! They also talk about the Euro's so far, with special attention on England, Scotland and Denmark. They then finish with some transfer talk and the potential comings and outgoings at Old Trafford. Enjoy troops!

What were your thoughts on that then troops? Anyone at the game? What did you think of @Lyng's appearance?

Check out our Linktree for other listening links, social media, Patreon, podcast history etc https://linktr.ee/unitedhour

Hope you guys enjoyed the episode! Any questions or thoughts for next time?

Cheers for having me on lads. Was great fun :D

Shame there was absolutely no fun in our group games - the dullest group by a country mile!

But at least we are both through I suppose

Cheers for having me on lads. Was great fun :D
From the top rope too you were! I don't see how they could have done the review and held on for final judgement after one match. The totally of the season has to be digested after everything has been said and done.

I wonder if people would be ok with us holding back and not signing some players we targeted this Summer if it led to something different down the line? By different, I mean clubs seemingly no longer charging us a premium as they realise we do things differently now. We should still be able to shop in a different aisle currently though.

I wonder if people would be ok with us holding back and not signing some players we targeted this Summer if it led to something different down the line? By different, I mean clubs seemingly no longer charging us a premium as they realise we do things differently now. We should still be able to shop in a different aisle currently though.

I've been advocating that for a while. We need to think much longer term, if there's players we really want we should work with them early and incentivise them to not renew with their clubs and run down their contracts.

It's a sellers market, you're not going to get a good deal on a player that has 3+ years left to run on his contract without a release clause in there. You need to create leverage yourself.

From the top rope too you were! I don't see how they could have done the review and held on for final judgement after one match. The totally of the season has to be digested after everything has been said and done.

I can certainly see that point, but to me the whole thing dragged more than necessesary. At least its all done now and we can move on :D

As much as the muppet in me loves silly season, I do think there is something in this. Far too long we have spent fortunes in salaries and fees and it's hurting us financially and reputationally. Have already seen some occasions where we have walked away from players as it has been deemed far too expensive. If there was a summer like this where we really reigned in the spending, got some good fees in for players and then looked to build sensibly I would understand that.