ETH and van Nistelrooy

yaps

(287 Games - 15 Goals) Toxic Frogger
Since the appointment of Ruud van Nistelrooy as an assistant manager, I've begun to wonder how much of an impact he's had on the side and ETH management style. Ruud of course does have managerial experience, and I wonder how much he's 'steering' the ship over Ten Hag at the moment.

Thoughts?

I think you are looking for a reason to justify being positive, instead of just being positive.

This is purely fiction because you like Ruud, which is fair enough you’re entitled to, but it’s not really based on anything logical. It’s too early to judge anything of note in terms of his impact.

I’m guessing RVN appointment is obviously helping, but people are using it to avoid praising ETH. When we lose though it’s all blamed on ETH. Make your minds up lads

INEOS haven’t made all the changes to hierarchy and backroom staff that they have just to keep Erik as a ceremonial figure. Obviously he works with his team, and they have input but ultimately it’s all ETH. He calls the shots and the last two successes are just as much on him as the previous defeats. You cannot and should not seperate the two. Give the man his flowers.

I’m guessing RVN appointment is obviously helping, but people are using it to avoid praising ETH. When we lose though it’s all blamed on ETH. Make your minds up lads

This! The number of people I have seen on socials saying things like RVN is the reason we play better, patterns of play etc..

We play bad, Ten Hag is bad, he cant coach.

I think you are looking for a reason to justify being positive, instead of just being positive.

This is purely fiction because you like Ruud, which is fair enough you’re entitled to, but it’s not really based on anything logical. It’s too early to judge anything of note in terms of his impact.

Looking for a reason to discredit ETH for 2 decent performances in 3 days.

I should probably clarify that I'm not looking to discredit Ten Hag here. I'm just wondering about the impact Ruud will have on the team now that he's beginning to settle in.

It's hard to tell because it's Barnsley... it's not like we beat Barca in CL semi final 5-0. Too early, too small.

Since the appointment of Ruud van Nistelrooy as an assistant manager, I've begun to wonder how much of an impact he's had on the side and ETH management style. Ruud of course does have managerial experience, and I wonder how much he's 'steering' the ship over Ten Hag at the moment.

Thoughts?

Given how much more extensive and impressive ETH's managerial experience is, let's hope not.

Obviously we all have some affection for RVN, but he had one season as manager for PSV in which he did relatively poorly. There's zero reason to think he should be (or is) steering this ship over ETH.

I should probably clarify that I'm not looking to discredit Ten Hag here. I'm just wondering about the impact Ruud will have on the team now that he's beginning to settle in.
I think the players will love Ruud as he likes to put his arm around players and be close to them. A lot of players like that. Rashford especially will enjoy working with him as will the other Strikers

It’s not as simple this, you can clearly see that these players are willing to work for the team and less selfish in front of goal, I can’t ever imagine ETH told these players to just shoot on sight regardless of their team mates position before this season.

One thing is for sure, player power is slowly going away and this can only happen when we have proper structure above ETH.

They both have their roles and I doubt RVN is given the capabilities to make moves over ETH in regards to with the squad. He'll coach within his jurisdiction.

Probably the biggest things are;

Players returning from injury
More match sharpness after more game time/ team cohesion
Weaker opposition

Not necessarily in that order but anyway..

Let’s put it into context, he had less managerial experience than what Ole had when he took over from Mourinho.

Let’s hope that he’s a good coach. He certainly seems to be making an impact on the strikers but it’s very early days.

Let’s not over egg the pudding just yet

Is this the theme for the season.

When it goes wrong? It's all ETH fault. When it goes right? It's RVN and Rene Hake.

Is this the theme for the season.

When it goes wrong? It's all ETH fault. When it goes right? It's RVN and Rene Hake.
He's also just a useless dutchman no mention of him, he's not club legend. Should've brought in RVP.

Given how much more extensive and impressive ETH's managerial experience is, let's hope not.

Obviously we all have some affection for RVN, but he had one season as manager for PSV in which he did relatively poorly. There's zero reason to think he should be (or is) steering this ship over ETH.
Exactly. And he did poorly especially in terms of implementing a recognizable system and identity in the course of the season, according to PSV fans.

Thoughts?

I think you can't really make a judgement either way this early on. He's been coaching for about 2 months. It's been noted that he's primarily focused on final third patterns/approach but either way I don't think it would be prudent to give him credit/blame this early on. Revisit in spring.

We're playing exactly as we did in some games last season, so I'd have to say he's not having any impact to the style of football we're seeing. Whether he's helping the players deliver that same style any better remains to be seen.

We're playing exactly as we did in some games last season, so I'd have to say he's not having any impact to the style of football we're seeing. Whether he's helping the players deliver that same style any better remains to be seen.
This is not true at all. Our attacking patterns have definitely been worked on and we have had glimpses of our increased emphasis in possession. Yes, there are some fundamentals that remain from last season, but there are bits that are new too.

The main difference is that we have exactly the same results record as this time last season, except that one of our defeats was at home this time.

Not sure what RVN is expected to do. It's not like he is involved with the whole structure of how we play, if anything, his job I'd say would be to try improve their attacking structure and phase. But you can't do anything about that if the midfield are bottling it.

Its probably let a fire under ETH since he knows his head is on the chopping block with Ruud looming to take over the moment we have a poor run of games.

This is not true at all. Our attacking patterns have definitely been worked on and we have had glimpses of our increased emphasis in possession. Yes, there are some fundamentals that remain from last season, but there are bits that are new too.

Yeh, nah. It's the same. Personnel have made it look a bit different though.

Its probably let a fire under ETH since he knows his head is on the chopping block with Ruud looming to take over the moment we have a poor run of games.
ten Hag is hardly some fast food worker that’s suddenly realised he could be unemployed. He’s a football coach at the top of the game, the idea he needed a fire lighting underneath him is laughable

ten Hag is hardly some fast food worker that’s suddenly realised he could be unemployed. He’s a football coach at the top of the game, the idea he needed a fire lighting underneath him is laughable

He's also a manager who is perpetually on the cusp of getting sacked following an 8th place finish replete with endless excuses, so if anyone needs to be animated into improving our results its him.

He's also a manager who is perpetually on the cusp of getting sacked following an 8th place finish replete with endless excuses, so if anyone needs to be animated into improving our results its him.

Of all the motivating factors, having Ruud as coach is going to be way down the list.

Of all the motivating factors, having Ruud as coach is going to be way down the list.

I'd say having the guy who is a club legend who probably going to take over if you're sacked already working with you is a pretty good motivating factor.

A lot of fans have been questioning RVN's impact, it's literally the start of the season. Then the same fans say they want him to replace Ten Hag.

I am guilty of having too much hope since Sir Alex. I know I am overly positive, that's just my nature in general.

Just want United back at the top.

A lot of fans have been questioning RVN's impact, it's literally the start of the season. Then the same fans say they want him to replace Ten Hag.

I am guilty of having too much hope since Sir Alex. I know I am overly positive, that's just my nature in general.

Just want United back at the top.
My prediction for the medium to long term is that Ten Hag and Ruud won't be the ones that bring a huge amount of success to the club but they will lay the foundations for the next boss to thrive.

Ten Hag will be the first boss since Fergie to leave the club in a better state compared to when he arrived.

Honest answer, very little. He’s been brought in to freshen things up and people always think things like ‘he’s a striker so we’ll get good at finishing’ (if you believe finishing is a thing) but it’s not like he has some secret technique like mr miyagi, it’s just about running drills and keeping the players interested/motivated. Hopefully his status helps with that.