Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager / awaiting clarity from the club over his position

Should ETH be kept on or fired by INEOS

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Josh 76

6 goals at City
3 at Arsenal
3 at Anfield

ETH needs to change his tactics in the bigger games away from home

The_Midfielder

Complicated a few things today ..
Liverpool's right side is their weakest.. Why push rashford central?
Why push Bruno to the left and Wout central?

M4YON

Unfortunately had a feeling this was coming we've started slow (despite eventually winning) in more games than I can count of late.

Liverpool are ALWAYS up for this fixture and a slow start was only going to end one way.

redshaw

A lesson for him today. AWB on form had to start over a poor Dalot since coming back. He could've helped stop Gakpo better.

We should be killing their left hand side.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
This is the first actual disappointing game from him in my opinion.

Strange to put Bruno against Trent. Bringing McTominay on. Dalot over AWB after last weekend.

Not good at all, but everything from EtH so far shows he'll learn and we'll be okay from this.

evil_geko

Told you so. There has be feck all progress under him. No different to the Ole era bar an easy league cup.
Stupid posts like this should deserve a ban to be honest. If it was serious, I really hope you are just ironic.

AFC NimbleThumb

Yep. Game plan hasn’t worked at all. Badly let down by the fullbacks for all three goals but we’ve given them far too much respect IMO.
It’s the games like today that will do for a few of the squad members people think will stick around. Too many players have been on the end of these mailings for years, it’s in them all.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
What are you talking about? It’s Anfield and most - if not all - other teams/managers had a worse record. SAF had a decent/good record there.
Yes that is my point. Sir Alex had a good record relative to others. He had a bad record at Anfield relative to his record anywhere else. It's a shit place to go and we've always played shit here. Being confident for Liverpool away is a dumb thing to do.

Sir Alex's last 6 years at Anfield had 1 win, 1 draw and 4 losses.

It's Anfield means even a draw is a bonus here every season.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Boo!! I hate him!! He deserves all the criticism he gets!! Etc etc

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We still have a long way to and I’ve maintained that despite our run. It’s clear in the level of domination in our performances. But today has been horrible. Think we need to find a line up that can control games this stop gap of Bruno on the right etc is not the solution

Djemba-Djemba

Yes that is my point. Sir Alex had a good record relative to others. He had a bad record at Anfield relative to his record anywhere else. It's a shit place to go and we've always played shit here. Being confident for Liverpool away is a dumb thing to do.

Sir Alex's last 6 years at Anfield had 1 win, 1 draw and 4 losses.

It's Anfield means even a draw is a bonus here every season.
And that 1 win was against a 10 men Liverpool for most of the game and we needed a late penalty to win it.

We were awful that day.

We've played genuinely well there once in about 30 years, it's a horrible place to go.

Skills

Snitch
Sorry but this is a joke. Arsenal, Palace and today the 11 out on the pitch have been left hung out to dry by the manager

bosnian_red

And that 1 win was against a 10 men Liverpool for most of the game and we needed a late penalty to win it.

We were awful that day.

We've played genuinely well there once in about 30 years, it's a horrible place to go.
Yep. Under Van Gaal. Apart from that, even the games we won, were fully smash and grab games. It's a fixture to get out of the way and nothing else for us. No use reading anything into it.

Ace

Bad choice today to lineup with that midfield given our options. Ready for the Wout experiment to end.

Blood Mage

I love the man, have no doubt that he's the person to take us forward, but today he got his tactics and selection horribly and recklessly wrong and should be called out on it.

alquemyst

I have no.idea why you go for this type of 4-2-3-1 vs that weak liverpool side.

Even so, to lose the midfield so bad vs that scouse midfield is a shame and sorry, this is on ETH.

bosnian_red

6 goals at City
3 at Arsenal
3 at Anfield

ETH needs to change his tactics in the bigger games away from home
This is probably true. He'll adapt. But aside from this, don't need to read into this game much. We suck at Anfield 9/10 times. If not even more.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
3 players out of position.

Rashford up top.
Bruno out left.
Wout on the pitch.
It’s not even hyperbole to say that Wout Weghorst should not be starting a single game left in this season. Maybe against Fulham in the FA cup. The level left in the Europa league is too high and every PL game left is must win

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Playing weghorst is like playing 10 men. Also Bruno out wide against a team that plays high full backs is awful. He’s ineffective there! Should have had pace both sides.

L1nk

Sorry but as much as I love this guy this is all on him today. This was not the game for Weghorst, why not play Sabitzer who brings energy but is clearly more technically gifted. Real Madrid scored a lot of their goals from the LW so why wasn't Rashford there taking on TAA, Bruno was virtually non existant on the LW. Bruno needs to play 10 or RW at most, why tf is he on the LW? Stupid decisions.

The United

I don't want to talk much about the tactic because it had it use in the past.

However, I think we went into the game with the wrong attitude. We seemed to start the game focusing on wasting time and fooling around instead of trying to play our own game. And we could not focus on the game when we needed to.

He really needs to manage better against big teams in EPL away from home.