Erik ten Hag - Manchester United manager

Would you allow ETH to manage the cup final before parting ways?

• Yes

Votes: 115 31.8%
  • No, get an interim now

Votes: 247 68.2%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

BenitoSTARR

One Minute Man
Scout
No, but can absolutely blame him for the chaos football and complete lack of control, which means there are far more opportunities for mistakes to happen than what there should be.
So his football style led to the punch? Explain.

Fallon d'Floor

Eh... even though the period between winning the title in 2003 and the start of the 2006/2007 season was a lean period for the club compared to the high standards set for 10+ years at that point under SAF, that 04/05 team weren't anywhere near as bad at this current one.

04/05 season:
  • Finished 3rd - 77 points with a +32 GD
  • Only conceded 26 goals in the league
  • Reached The FA Cup final
  • Made it to the SF of The League Cup
  • Made it to the Ro16 of The Champions League (knocked out by Milan who were the best team around at that time)
  • Only lost 10 out of 61 games played that season
That United team struggled to score goals in the league. Ruud was injured for a lot of the season.

Valencia Shin Crosses

In all seriousness, why do you think INEOs haven’t sacked him ?

I feel it could be a mish mash of a few things

1.They are more focused on summer then this season and replacing him is not a priority (ie - this seasons been written off since SJR took over)
2. Money - cost of sacking ?
3. No decent interim/alternative
4. They are still collaborating data and actually seeing this sh*tshow plays out may provide good info
1 and 4 I assume. They’ll sack him in the summer

Abraxas

You can tell ETH is losing the plot by the utter nonsense he is coming out with, routinely. Which he didn't at the start. That worries me as much as the performances because I think they both indicate the same thing, he doesn't really know how to improve our performance and he's getting tetchy and having to come out with absurdities to justify himself. It's reminiscent of previous managers before they got the boot. ETH saying we're playing good football reminds me of Moyes praising our ability to cross to nobody in particular - it's so far off the mark it's hard to know what he is looking at.

theatreofdreams777

He assembled the weakest and most imbalanced United squad in the last 40 years after spending 400m. On that alone, he deserves the sack never mind the awful performances in 2 years.

Salford_Red83

OK they're 100% just try hards then. I don't get it though, if you really love the club you support then you should be comfortable enough to criticise where warranted.
Exactly. For me it's Manchester United Football Club above all - owners, managers, players, the club is bigger and will be here long after theyve gone.

Right now ETH is damaging Manchester United and no longer merits being in the role. It baffles me how people are like "give him the first three months of next season" considering what the last 14 months of him being in charge have been like.