Elon Musk | Owner of X and right wing man-child

Metric is pretty good if you live in a country that only uses it. Not very usable in the US though.

The UK has a truly bizarre combination of both (albeit mostly metric), but metric is far superior in every way and the US insistence on sticking with imperial is (unsurprisingly) stupid.

The UK has a truly bizarre combination of both (albeit mostly metric), but metric is far superior in every way and the US insistence on sticking with imperial is (unsurprisingly) stupid.

Thankfully EU membership was the final push Ireland needed to ditch Imperial measurements altogether.

Even the name is suspect. “Imperial” ffs. Might as well call feet and inches ‘colonial’ measurements.

Metric is pretty good if you live in a country that only uses it. Not very usable in the US though.
When you have adults regularly making errors when switching between mod 10 and mod 12, the system doesn't really feel that usable already.

Last edited:
Musk is just "trolling" and will 100% back out. Zuckerberg is actually in shape and has competed in and won jiu-jitsu tournaments. Elon just said he doesn't exercise and comes across as someone struggling to get enough sleep or watch their diet.

Thankfully EU membership was the final push Ireland needed to ditch Imperial measurements altogether.

Even the name is suspect. “Imperial” ffs. Might as well call feet and inches ‘colonial’ measurements.

It’s absolutely shite.

My favourite is tyres (yes Americans that’s how you spell it) which have the diameter measured in inches and the width in millimetres. Because reasons.

As with most things bat shit here, I blame the British. Thanks dad.

The most interesting thing about a fight like that (not that I think it ll actually happen) would be who is making money from it and will be in attendance. If you were to drop a bomb on that building at that time, the world may become a better place overnight.

This one, and most others, are down to your founding fathers ;)
drugs-psa.gif

As with most things bat shit here, I blame the British. Thanks dad.
That's not fair, we gave you the pint and what did you do, you shrank it down to something that is definitely not a pint!

It’s absolutely shite.

My favourite is tyres (yes Americans that’s how you spell it) which have the diameter measured in inches and the width in millimetres. Because reasons.
My favorite is the way soda bottles are done, you get like 12 oz, 16oz, 20 oz, 2 liter WTF

That's not fair, we gave you the pint and what did you do, you shrank it down to something that is definitely not a pint!
have you tasted our macro brews? Trust me, shrinking down what drinking a pint of coors entails was a blessing.

have you tasted our macro brews? Trust me, shrinking down what drinking a pint of coors entails was a blessing.
Coors, Bud whatever - YUK - TBH I rarely drink these days though, but even a pint of milk is just wrong!

My favorite is the way soda bottles are done, you get like 12 oz, 16oz, 20 oz, 2 liter WTF

Fluid measurements are a good example of you guys getting screwed.

Grab a bottle of Coke, most of the world gets 500ml, you get 16oz which is 473ml.

Even worse is ordering a pint at a bar, where a US pint is almost 100ml smaller than a UK pint.

Admittedly the fact we even still use pint is dumb too.

Edit: thought you were American for some reason.

Fluid measurements are a good example of you guys getting screwed.

Grab a bottle of Coke, most of the world gets 500ml, you get 16oz which is 473ml.

Even worse is ordering a pint at a bar, where a US pint is almost 100ml smaller than a UK pint.

Admittedly the fact we even still use pint is dumb too.
Most coke bottles like the UK version are usually 20oz here, why do you think there's so many fatties!

Fluid measurements are the only thing that is different, weights are the same and so are measurements like yards and miles

Good point. What size is the classic coke bottle? I can get on board with that. I think Heineken bottles are the same size (not that I’m a fan of Heineken, just that size of beer bottle is perfect on a hot sunny day)

Glass bottle coke and regular size bottled beer are also 330ml the same as a can.

Fair point. I suppose my dogma only extends to plastic bottles. Glass bottles and cans have their own rules.
Plastic bottles should never hold sodas, only cans & glass bottles.

It is so much more enjoyable drinking a Mexican Coke straight out of a glass bottle. It's branded as 'Mexican Coke' as the soda is made with cane sugar, not high fructose corn syrup.