g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Edin Terzic | Borussia Dortmund Manager

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Has taken Dortmund to a Champions league final. So does that mean he's the next Klopp? Maybe united should go for him

Atheist

Nope, Dortmund should be doing much better in the league than they are now.

LilienFan

Supports
Darmstadt
Dortmund fans hate him and want him out.
Cause they overestimate their squad. His subs are horrendous, but the starting set-up was spot on for the personal they have. People need to understand Hummels and Can have about as much pace as Casemiro, Eriksen and Evans in open space. You cannot expose them by playing expansive football otherwise you get their vuleranble BL results. Plus the commitment and willingness by young players like Adeyemi and Sancho to double and track back is completely different against PSG than it is against Augsburg.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Was he the one at the helm when they bottled the league last season?

erikcred

Has taken Dortmund to a Champions league final. So does that mean he's the next Klopp? Maybe united should go for him
Based on their league performances, he's at best a Benitez.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Cause they overestimate their squad.
I don't think they do. I've seen a lot of people suggesting that Terzic is the reason the squad looks like it does and that their DoF Kehl actually wanted to sign different players, but was overruled because Terzic is a buddy of the CEO Watzke.
Was he the one at the helm when they bottled the league last season?
Yes. He also was their interim manager when they last won the cup, so he already has won something, it's not like he is total bottler.

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
I don't think they hate him, they don't think he's good enough to take them to winning the title. Though he was one goal away from it last year, it was after an almighty sh*tstorm of a season from Bayern were a better coach would've won the title easily.

He Dortmund's Ole. All vibes and not a lot of tactical work. Don't think any big club should go near him. Hopefully he can stay at Dortmund in a management role rather than coaching.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
He subbed Adeyemi and brought on Reus while playing on the counter. He is horrible. Terzic that is.

Insanity

Most apt username 2015
Yes. He also was their interim manager when they last won the cup, so he already has won something, it's not like he is total bottler.
Thanks. Last season was shocking, I was rooting for them.

Hopes he wins the final too. Tired of the same old teams winning it.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
He subbed Adeyemi and brought on Reus while playing on the counter. He is horrible. Terzic that is.
Thanks for clearing that bit up :lol:

But yeah, no. Every few years you’ll get an underdog side in the ucl (whether by hook or crook)….wholl surprise a few and go for a deep run in the UCL - heck even Chelsea/Porto etc. have actually ended up winning the competition. Should we have appointed RdM as well? It happens sometime and whilst a massive achievement, it doesn’t automatically propel everyone to the “great” category.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
He Dortmund's Ole. All vibes and not a lot of tactical work. Don't think any big club should go near him. Hopefully he can stay at Dortmund in a management role rather than coaching.
Actually I'd compare him more with Moyes. Everything he says and seems to think about football makes him a manager who would probably do well and sometimes overachieve with a mid table team, but who will also not finish higher when given a better club to manage. I somewhat even feel like this CL run proves that a bit, as in the CL against top teams Dortmund can actually play like Terzic prefers, like an underdog. It's just not the right approach to get anything done in the league where Dortmund isn't seen as the underdog.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
He should be untouchable for the next 5 years according to our logic. If League Cup (pardon, a trophy) gets you long term immunity then CL final alone should be worth double that.

Sarni

It’s not as much of an achievement as leading Ajax to a semifinal loss was, that was the biggest achievement in the history of football.

Revan

Assumptionman
He should be untouchable for the next 5 years according to our logic. If League Cup (pardon, a trophy) gets you long term immunity then CL final alone should be worth double that.
But if he loses the CL final he wouldn't have won a trophy, which means that EtH last season had a better season cause he won a trophy. Or so I heard last year in Caf where people claimed that we had a better season than Arsenal.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
It’s not as much of an achievement as leading Ajax to a semifinal loss was, that was the biggest achievement in the history of football.
Especially as it was against serial winners Tottenham. The feat should be talked about a lot more

Sarni

But if he loses the CL final he wouldn't have won a trophy, which means that EtH last season had a better season cause he won a trophy. Or so I heard last year in Caf where people claimed that we had a better season than Arsenal.
That is correct, we won a trophy and got 1 point more than we had in the best season of this decade prior.

Fallon d'Floor

Yes and you should sign Emre Can, Sule, Hummels and Reus.
United signing Reus at 35 would be very us. :lol:

We have signed multiple high profile players over the years, but usually when they're 30+ and on the verge of decline.

We had Falcao on loan when he was crocked. I'm glad that he had that resurgence at Monaco after two meh spells at United and Chelsea.

We signed Valdés when he was 33 and he barely played.

We signed Schweinsteiger when he was 31 and in decline physically.

We signed Zlatan when he was almost 35.

We signed Cavani when he was 33 years old. We did get one good season out of him tbf.

We re-signed Cristiano Ronaldo when he was 36.

We signed Casemiro when he was 30.5 years old and got 6 months at best out of him.

diarm

Cause they overestimate their squad. His subs are horrendous,
I know next to nothing about him, but I can’t handle another United manager who is terrible at team selection and subs.

I feel I’ve spent most of the past 10 years pulling my hair out over basic calls that 99% of fans on the street could make, but our managers consistently got wrong.