Donny

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri

He's got a year left on his deal, if we can move him on for a fee I'll be impressed. Al-Ahli Saudi FC and Al-Ettifaq FC linked. Shite source, but I'll take anything.

Yeah, we aren't that lucky.

Feel for him, though. Career just took a nose dive after joining us. Now he can't even hack it at mid-table clubs. Still only 27.

Last edited:
I don't think they make an SPF factor high enough.

Sad to see but at 27/28 and after all those injuries I think it's a fair move if he wants one last bumper contract - Sure he might not get the trophy cabinet of Bergkamp but he'll be able to retire comfortably. Hope we're able to get around 5-10M for him.

Would be good to sell him there for 3-4m, it would also clear some wage bill

Got him for free in FM about 2025 with Aberdeen - sold him for £15 mil. to Everton a year later. That’s about my dearest memory of him in FM as well as in real life.

Hope he ends up in a stable and patient club at his level.

Needs to revive his career somewhere else. I'd be happy to get rid of him and his wages and allow him to talk to clubs with no transfer fee.

He must be able to cut it in the Bundesliga, Eredivisie, Belgian league, Turkisk league or something. Only thing that would hold back such a move is if he wants to milk the remainder of his contract.

Were injuries his downfall? I don't remember him being injured that often, then again I barely remember him at all.

What an incredibly poor player he has proven to be. Done absolutely nothing for years at different clubs.

The Dutch Mason Mount. We were so addicted to these kinds of players that we had to buy two of them.

Was hoping this thread was going to be about the new Brazilian wonderkid with a shit name. How disappointing.

What an incredibly poor player he has proven to be. Done absolutely nothing for years at different clubs.
Mind boggling transfer yeah. Pound for pound there might be a case that it’s a worse transfer than Antony. Antony, as poor as he is & as expensive as he is, was at least signed to fill an identified gap in our team. He also came in as a starter and started vast majority of matches over 2 years - albeit he’s been exceptionally shite. Donny has barely even featured and was signed when we have Bruno in his most effective position. Can’t for the life of me see what the plan was and he’s always injured

Is there anyone else interesting. They have the worst squad they have had in a while
I think they have a fullback - Hato, maybe? - who is supposed to be rated. It's a snoozy side otherwise.

Dream scenario is a Saudi club gives us £££ for him, otherwise it'll be another loan till his contract expires I imagine.

Is there anyone else interesting. They have the worst squad they have had in a while

Jorell Hato perhaps. He’s the best talent they have in their first team presently, who plays centre half and left back.

I can’t see him moving to Saudi. Not a big enough name.
Think of it more as them showing they don't just sign old has beens. He's played for the biggest clubs in Holland and England and played for the national team, he won't cost a lot given his contract situation and he's a player who has a good few years ahead of him. The more players they have who have played for well followed clubs on social media the more exposure they will get.

If the player is old they will only go for the big names but younger guys, they have shown to be pretty open to anyone half decent.

I can't see anything happening here other than a Free transfer, but at least it would be an ending, and another large salary off the bill.

Got him for free in FM about 2025 with Aberdeen - sold him for £15 mil. to Everton a year later. That’s about my dearest memory of him in FM as well as in real life.

Hope he ends up in a stable and patient club at his level.
Also got him for free for Wednesday and he led me storming into the PL as my star man. Also the best memory I have of him.

Weird how he scored on his debut and that was about it for his career since.

Sad to see but at 27/28 and after all those injuries I think it's a fair move if he wants one last bumper contract - Sure he might not get the trophy cabinet of Bergkamp but he'll be able to retire comfortably. Hope we're able to get around 5-10M for him.
If he plays his cards right he might inherit Bergkamp's trophy cabinet.

Were injuries his downfall? I don't remember him being injured that often, then again I barely remember him at all.

I just think he's a limited technically so isn't optimal for center midfield and doesn't impose himself to have any use. That Ajax format was the perfect environment for him breaking into the final third in a team that kept the ball. He's what I'd ascribe as a system player.

On a separate note, I wouldn't put Mount and him in the same sentence however though they resemble one another in terms of profile, Mount has shown more versatility and I genuinely think a team gets a tune out of Mount if he's playing just adrift of where the striker would be.

He did seem to pick up minor injuries at unfortunate times to limit his appearances at Utd. He did have that serious knee injury last season under ETH when he had actually made a few decent cameos.
I do think he deserved more chances at Utd than he got, a bit like Amad for most of this season or even Mjebri & Pellestri before they went on loan. I say that when you consider how poor Antony has been yet he was in the team or squad every week. However, the fact that hes been unable to break into the team at a Club like Frankfurt suggests whatever ability he may once have had when at Ajax is long gone.

Off to Turkey for a few million quid? Can't see where else he'd end up.

I can't even remember why this went so badly.

There's a difference between being a flop and near enough ceasing to be a professional footballer.

Was it injuries or did he just lose all motivation the second he joined us, like a Hazard at Real Madrid job?

I can't even remember why this went so badly.

There's a difference between being a flop and near enough ceasing to be a professional footballer.

Was it injuries or did he just lose all motivation the second he joined us, like a Hazard at Real Madrid job?

Don't really think it was a motivation thing, he just looked very shite

Status
Not open for further replies.