Desire Doue

This needs to be our next bus stop after we go Dutch. The one to replace Sancho/Greenwood and even Rashford if he goes. Top talent and potential game-changer for us.

This needs to be our next bus stop after we go Dutch. The one to replace Sancho/Greenwood and even Rashford if he goes. Top talent and potential game-changer for us.

If Bayern bag him it seems highly unlikely for us to sign him unless he fails / declines there.

If Bayern bag him it seems highly unlikely for us to sign him unless he fails / declines there.

Well of course, I’m not advocating us to sign him in 7 years from Bayern, I’m advocating we do so now from Rennes.

Well of course, I’m not advocating us to sign him in 7 years from Bayern, I’m advocating we do so now from Rennes.
They wouldn’t bid for him, if he hadn’t told them that he‘d join. Most media outlets mentioned PSG or Bayern as his most likely destinations. Playing with Olise and Tel might have some pull for him.

They wouldn’t bid for him, if he hadn’t told them that he‘d join. Most media outlets mentioned PSG or Bayern as his most likely destinations. Playing with Olise and Tel might have some pull for him.

If Bayern sign him, I very much doubt it will be a one-horse race. Just because they have bid first doesn’t mean they will bid last.

Bayern seem to buy a million wingers per summer.

They're looking to move Coman on I think. I guess Olise and Xavi would then be quality competition for Gnabry and Sane and Doue would be the youngster ready to replace one of the latter two. He can play in midfield as well apparently.

Apparently they might try and move on one of Gnabry, Sane or Goretzka as well because they're all on big wages. Not sure how many takers there will be though.

Would be awkward to get into a bidding war with Bayern as we're technically funding them for this deal

Bayern is making a mistake imo. Musiala, Xavi, Doue and arguably even Olise are best when used centrally. Besides they surely have set an eye on Wirtz too. At the same time Harry Kane can make wingers shine by dropping deep (where usually a no.10 is) and play the pass. If I were them I would look for a more classic wing forward.

Bayern is making a mistake imo. Musiala, Xavi, Doue and arguably even Olise are best when used centrally. Besides they surely have set an eye on Wirtz too. At the same time Harry Kane can make wingers shine by dropping deep (where usually a no.10 is) and play the pass. If I were them I would look for a more classic wing forward.
I somewhat share your concern, but Davies can provide width, Musiala can play the left wing a bit like Ribery and Coman, Gnabry and Sane are still there. Although I expect Bayern to sell 2 of the 3 latter ones.

If Bayern sign him, I very much doubt it will be a one-horse race. Just because they have bid first doesn’t mean they will bid last.

Another team coming to the table now. That said, I think PSG will get put back in their box from this summer and will be reminded of who they are, and more importantly, who they are not.

Another team coming to the table now. That said, I think PSG will get put back in their box from this summer and will be reminded of who they are, and more importantly, who they are not.

Makes sense for PSG. Especially given that Xavi Simons has the most bizarre contract on world football as he can decide not the club on whether he stays at Leipzig for another season or plays for PSG.

It is not new. PSG and Bayern have always been the two clubs that were mentioned. It seems that Xavi Simons is option B to Bayern and Doué is option A.
Can‘t PSG simply buy Coman to bring the long lost son home?

I kind of disagree,think Doue would be making a ,mistake going there. As highly as I rate him, think there are 2/3c;lubs he struggle to make progression through lack of opportunities and ofof those is Bayern....though its for the samekind of reasons you think they are making a mistake.

PSG andstaying in France is theeasiest option for him and at19 raises his profile for a blockbuster move in 2-4years like Mbappe has done.

Spurs seem desperate for him and that is a great stepping stone move with no disrespect to them as a club.

Not evenbeing biased but I think weare thebest movefor him. I think he quickly makes an impact similar to Greenwood oneither flank starting and within a couple of years becomes a superstar number 10....with our lackcofdepth in midfield I even think hegets minutes as a number8 at times if Mainoo has injuriesor needsresting.

At Bayern they seem intent on Wirtzover time,he doesnt start over Musialaon the left....he formeismore talentedthan Olise but less developed and moreindividual tha a good teamplayer that Olise will be andbarely see himplay there but think its his weakest position.

But we have paid £35m for Zirkzee PLUS agent fees.....our links with Doue are fairly lukewarmandhe probably costs less than Zikzee when adding fees....diff positionbut the Sancho news wories me....we could be seriously missing out and spending fairly large but fair fees in not all he right positions let alone the right players...Doue is a Yoro/Neves level signing...quality teenagerthat can start with undoubted superstar potential

So you think he plays with Olise and Tel over
Musiala and Simons? Assuming you guys get Simons … which I see as highly likely.

And that’s assuming you guys won’t have Koman, Sane or others still at the team? This is an honest question because I don’t know who you are selling.

It would be a sensible signing for PSG. They need to rebuild their squad and not just splash money on the biggest names. Adding big talents like Doue, and continuing to develop the likes of WZE will set them up for success.

So you think he plays with Olise and Tel over
Musiala and Simons? Assuming you guys get Simons … which I see as highly likely.

And that’s assuming you guys won’t have Koman, Sane or others still at the team? This is an honest question because I don’t know who you are selling.
Coman is definitely for sale, Gnabry probably also but he already said he wants to stay.
Sané will probably stay and extend his contract.

I think we will either get Xavi OR Doué.
Both wouldnt make sense for me as they are very similar. But many Bayern fans argue that we should sign both. But i cant imagine a formation with both of them alongside Musiala and Olise.

Right now i would guess that this will be our starting lineup and squad.

Kane (Tel, Müller)
Musiala - Xavi/Doue - Olise (Sané, Müller, Tel, Gnabry)
Palhinha - Pavlovic (Laimer, Guerreiro, Kimmich, Dier)
Davies - Ito - Tah - Kimmich (Guerreiro, Kim, Dier, Stanisic, Boey)
Neuer (Ulreich, Peretz)

I think de Ligt, Coman, Mazraoui and Goretzka will be sold, Zaragoza and Irankunda will be loaned out.

It would be a sensible signing for PSG. They need to rebuild their squad and not just splash money on the biggest names. Adding big talents like Doue, and continuing to develop the likes of WZE will set them up for success.

Well of course, but they are who they are and as I said, not who they are not. They made some noise a few years ago when they were basically a Saudi Pro League club operating in Europe. A PSG that is not splashing obscene money on superstars does not simply just attract the best talent in my opinion. If their days of 200m signings are over, then they are a team in Ligue Un where the majority of genuinely star players will not want to spend their prime years. The league doesn’t even have a TV deal, the profile and exposure elsewhere is far bigger.

That’s just my projection but I see them going back in their box quite quickly if they feel they can just crack on by operating like a normal football club now.

Well of course, but they are who they are and as I said, not who they are not. They made some noise a few years ago when they were basically a Saudi Pro League club operating in Europe. A PSG that is not splashing obscene money on superstars does not simply just attract the best talent in my opinion. If their days of 200m signings are over, then they are a team in Ligue Un where the majority of genuinely star players will not want to spend their prime years. The league doesn’t even have a TV deal, the profile and exposure elsewhere is far bigger.

That’s just my projection but I see them going back in their box quite quickly if they feel they can just crack on by operating like a normal football club now.
That is a good point, they don't have the historical standing such as the larger institutions (United, Bayern, Madrid). But the way I view their recent history is that they seem to operate in cycles. It seems like they find their star players, commit to them for half a decade, build a team to maximise those players, then it falls apart and they do it again. This also happens because they have a similar problem to United in that they bring in managers with opposing tactical setups every 2-3 years.

They would be better off focusing on building some solid foundations. A style of play, a few key players (big names) that fall into that style, and then create a machine. They have more money then their league rivals, so they should be vacuuming up the cream of the french crop. Bayern did this very successfully. Besides some changes here or there, they have a very consistent style that allows them to operate like a never ending machine. Players come and go, they always have a few big names that keeps the club in the headlines, but they aren't as big of a circus.

Coman is definitely for sale, Gnabry probably also but he already said he wants to stay.
Sané will probably stay and extend his contract.

I think we will either get Xavi OR Doué.
Both wouldnt make sense for me as they are very similar. But many Bayern fans argue that we should sign both. But i cant imagine a formation with both of them alongside Musiala and Olise.

Right now i would guess that this will be our starting lineup and squad.

Kane (Tel, Müller)
Musiala - Xavi/Doue - Olise (Sané, Müller, Tel, Gnabry)
Palhinha - Pavlovic (Laimer, Guerreiro, Kimmich, Dier)
Davies - Ito - Tah - Kimmich (Guerreiro, Kim, Dier, Stanisic, Boey)
Neuer (Ulreich, Peretz)

I think de Ligt, Coman, Mazraoui and Goretzka will be sold, Zaragoza and Irankunda will be loaned out.
You did my boy Upa dirty there! ;)
Overall I agree with you. I also think it is either Doué or Simons and not both.
Selling Goretzka and Gnabry will be tough though. I doubt there really is a market for them considering age, wages and latest performances.

But enough of the highjack: Doué will go to either PSG or Bayern and I hope it is the latter.

That is a good point, they don't have the historical standing such as the larger institutions (United, Bayern, Madrid). But the way I view their recent history is that they seem to operate in cycles. It seems like they find their star players, commit to them for half a decade, build a team to maximise those players, then it falls apart and they do it again. This also happens because they have a similar problem to United in that they bring in managers with opposing tactical setups every 2-3 years.

They would be better off focusing on building some solid foundations. A style of play, a few key players (big names) that fall into that style, and then create a machine. They have more money then their league rivals, so they should be vacuuming up the cream of the french crop. Bayern did this very successfully. Besides some changes here or there, they have a very consistent style that allows them to operate like a never ending machine. Players come and go, they always have a few big names that keeps the club in the headlines, but they aren't as big of a circus.

I think that because they went to the extreme and got Messi, Neymar and Mbappe - a lot of younger players would have been excited to go there. Now the last of them has gone, I think they would have taken a step back.

As you said, not only do they not have the historical standing - but they are also in Ligue Un. Real superstars at 20 years old who have options would likely choose Spain or England over going to France at the age. They may have a bit more pull where the players are French, but I think at the very highest of tables, they will generally eat last.

With our huge number of wingers we wont be in for a new talent I am afraid
Bayern is in for him and they have a plethora of wingers.
Doue is similar to Simons (and Musiala) in a way that he can play the two positions behind the striker in a 4141.

Think:
Kane
Musiala - Doue - Simons - Olise
Palhinha
Davies - Upamecano - Kim - Kimmich
neuer

Bayern is in for him and they have a plethora of wingers.
Doue is similar to Simons (and Musiala) in a way that he can play the two positions behind the striker in a 4141.

Think:
Kane
Musiala - Doue - Simons - Olise
Palhinha
Davies - Upamecano - Kim - Kimmich
neuer
I would prefer him in a United line up

PSG bidding for him. If they get him and Neves they’ll have made some impressive additions for the long term.

PSG bidding for him. If they get him and Neves they’ll have made some impressive additions for the long term.
What’s the pull? I can only think of money because PSG isn’t going to win the CL. I don’t consider Ligue 1 because they should be winning it every year with their eyes closed and hands tied behind their backs.

So go there, stroll around on the pitch for 80% of your time there then leave on a free? PSG isn’t going to sell them if they turn out good.

Sounds shite.

What’s the pull?

is this a joke? good money, beautiful city and he'll win couple of trophies while he grows as player - all that while staying in his country.

he's 19 and he playes for Rennes ffs. he doesn't know what a trophy looks like so he can't be tired of easy titles at this point.

Last edited:
Two horse race between them and Bayern. Bayern have Olisse, Gnarby, Coman, Sane in wide positions. Maybe better off going to PSG. Dembele has the right wing but left is open since Mbappe departed.

Two horse race between them and Bayern. Bayern have Olisse, Gnarby, Coman, Sane in wide positions. Maybe better off going to PSG. Dembele has the right wing but left is open since Mbappe departed.
Doue isn't strictly a winger. He can play centrally as well. Some Bayern fans think that he is option A and Xavi Simons is option B.
PSG seems to definitely be going for him, but they are rumored to be interested in Sancho as well.