Denise McAllister loses her fight

DJSpaz

Incredibly Stupid Bitter Biased Embarrassing Caf C
Like Nottingham Forest...you've won it two times..
The wife of former Scotland captain Gary McAllister has lost her battle against breast cancer, a family spokesman said on Friday.

Mother-of-two Denise died in a Nottingham hospital with her husband at her bedside.

Former Leeds star McAllister gave up his job as player-manager of Coventry City in 2003 to nurse his wife during her illness.

Denise's condition had been thought to be improving, but took a turn for the worse over recent months, according to the spokesman. She was in her late 30s.

In May last year McAllister said her progress was "pretty good", although the battle was "still ongoing".

In August, he was even linked with a return to football as assistant manager at Derby County, although he did not land the job.

The former Liverpool midfielder, 41, had said of his choice to quit Coventry to care for Denise: "As far as I was concerned it wasn't a decision. It was just the natural thing to do; I didn't want to be at a football club."

Gary married Denise at Gretna Green in 1993, and they had a son Jake, now aged 10.

She was first treated for breast cancer around six years ago after finding a lump while seven months pregnant with the couple's second child.

Denise refused treatment until Oliver was born, then had an operation to remove her breast and lymph glands.

She also endured courses of chemotherapy and radiotherapy, but McAllister went on compassionate leave from the club at the end of 2003 after being informed she would still need more treatment. He resigned soon afterwards.

Denise was an ambassador for Breast Cancer Care and took part in a star-studded charity fashion show in 2002.

Very sad news. :(

Deepest sympathy to Gary McAllister and family.

RIP Denise.

this is heartbreaking. :(

one of my best friends died of breast cancer, she was only 32.

what a horrible horrible disease.

my thoughts are with gary and his family

feck....thats awful, my Girlfriends dad has just been diagnosed with bowel cancer and it doesnt look good for him.

Condolences to the McAllister family of course.

My thoughts are with Gary and his family. Losing someone to cancer is very hard to come to terms with.

R.I.P Denise McAllister

Sad news - the thoughts of Leeds fans everywhere will be with you Gary.

RIP. :(

Sad news

Rest In Peace

R.I.P.

My mom had breast cancer just last year, thankfully it was diagnosed early on and the removal of one breast was enough to prevent it, though you never know if it surfaces again.