Decades Chain Draft: R1 - Isotope vs Sjor

Who will win the game?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Šjor Bepo

Wout is love, Wout is life; all hail Wout!
TEST-formation-tactics.png

vs
1AdxPRw.gif

Team Isotope

A team with excellent defence, controlling and skillful midfield, with attack that can finish chances.

With Franco Baresi and Shesternyov on defence, the team build out from the back via two central midfielders hanging low, and one operating higher, looking to receive in between the lines. But the tactic remains fluid to allow any of the two (Xavi and Matthaus) to float higher at various moments, rotating the opposition in and out of position. Throughout their build-up to progression, the team never shy away from playing long, extravagant passes across the field or over the top, despite the favoritism toward short passing bravado.

The team could also utilize width on the left side through Pavel Nedved, for the ball to find its way toward Ian Rush and Lato. The Czech maestro may drift into central spaces to create a box-like build-up of 2+2 in central channels. In theory, this also allows space for Ashley Cole as fullback to overlap down the left and deliver with pace and precision.

Team Sjor

Tactics:

Took a lot from Tuchel 343 Chelsea team, at least is how the team should play - being flexible of playing multiple ways but always taking a good care of the ball even when playing on the counter.
Also wanted to use players in a very different system they are usually used or that they played in so we have Don Elias leading the back three with Marzolini on the left and Ramos on the right. Scholes controlling the game from deep while Vieira has the freedom to do his runs of the ball.
Front three is very flexible and fluid, can see them having a great chemistry between them as all three have a little bit of everything in them and all are very team oriented.

Sergio Ramos
Cant stand the man, dont rate him but always wanted to try him out in my team, specially after his goalscoring heroics few years ago.
This team is insanely strong on set pieces(both defensive and offensive wise) even without Ramos as you have Figueroa, Vieira, Gullit attacking the box with Scholes lurking outside and Baggio providing delivery. Then you add Sergio Ramos into the mix, his goalscoring record in that period is next level and what is even more amazing is that he often did it on big occasions in big games.
Personally i dont rate him as a defender, think he is dumb as feck and a coward but he still offer some qualities on that pitch. Is great on the ball, relatively good 1v1, great in the air and biggest downfall of his in the defensive end is pretty much rectified in a back 3 formation as he has a lot more room for mistakes in positioning and movement.

Iso's team has been one of my favourites in this draft, the assembly of positional GOATs was perfect drafting. It's tough luck he came up against Sjor so early, whose rendition of a Tuchel 343 I love a tad more. It's his monster front three that wins my vote in the end. I think they are perfect for this system, and would break down even Iso's GOAT defense at some point.

Sjor is harsh on Ramos as usual, but I also agree he's in a good spot there. Especially as a gung-ho wide CB (Rüdiger) was the most progressive defender in Tuchel's system while being expertly covered, which suits Ramos & Figueroa to a T.

Only piece not quite fitting is the keeper, imo. As great as Cech was, Tuchel's Chelsea was built on playing out of the back as a principle. Even Mendy was a problem at times, and (from my memory of Cech) the Senegalese was still more accustomed to playing out of the back possession-style. Or am I unfair towards Cech? If so, please protest.

But overall Sjor has my vote, even Cech hoofing it a bit too often may work with Gullit and Vieira in this matchup.

Forgot to also mention Cafu in his key role as turbo-James.

Draw in my books. Isotope sounds a bit modest, its such a nice team as well, probably on par with Bepo's.

Yeah. Sadly if i have to pick which team to watch, Sjor's looks more exciting.

Only piece not quite fitting is the keeper, imo. As great as Cech was, Tuchel's Chelsea was built on playing out of the back as a principle. Even Mendy was a problem at times, and (from my memory of Cech) the Senegalese was still more accustomed to playing out of the back possession-style. Or am I unfair towards Cech? If so, please protest.

Its not a like for like remake but even if it was, he had Mendy who was a bit meh on the ball as well. If pressed to the point where you need a top keeper on the ball im perfectly happy for Cech to go long towards Gullit and we start playing after winning the second ball. Cech on the ball wasnt up to modern standards but he had a great long pass.

Good team, Sjor. Excellent attack and best in the draft. For that animation alone, you should go through 2nd round.

cheers, i really like your defence though.....my only issues with your team are that i dont really see a good partnership between Xavi and Lothar + Ochoa is crap.