David Moyes West Ham Manager (Again) | European Champion

dinostar77

Agreed

Honestly though, why can't more DoFs, instead of insisting on wholesale changes, just make changes to coaching staff? For example, Fergie bringing in Queiroz gave us a steel in Europe we did not have in prior years. Would it really be that hard to go to Moyes and recommend a young assistant who could bring in new ideas that can be implemented in a working framework?
Thats a really good point, fergie used to bring in new staff and fresh ideas regularly.

Personally i think the owners are the issue. Be happy with the success your club has. Champions League riches i suspect is what they want. After all if Villa can qualify for the competition, why cant we? Or some sort of bollocks like that.

dinostar77

So if a manager wins a trophy, he should have a guaranteed job for life even if it becomes clear he's reached his ceiling?
In Moyes example how can he reach his ceiling, if the club wont support him in the transfer market? We wont know now will we, whether they could have taken another step up...

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
In Moyes example how can he reach his ceiling, if the club wont support him in the transfer market? We wont know now will we, whether they could have taken another step up...
Exactly. Now instead they are just starting all over again.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I don't see why WHU should be content/grateful with their place in the pecking order.

They should have stuck with Moyes if they thought he was the right guy and could take them further. Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with ambition. Especially given the current state of the PL behind City and Arsenal. I mean Aston Vills will qualify for CL next season, so why can't West Ham

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Worth noting that the two teams with the worst Xg against in the whole league in 2024 are United and West Ham.

stevoc

I don't see why WHU should be content/grateful with their place in the pecking order.

They should have stuck with Moyes if they thought he was the right guy and could take them further. Otherwise, there's nothing wrong with ambition. Especially given the current state of the PL behind City and Arsenal. I mean Aston Vills will qualify for CL next season, so why can't West Ham
Because people think West Ham should know their place and have no ambition.

next_number_seven

They have the type of team that he usually excels with. Gritty midfield and defence, a hard working forward and pacy wingers.

I don't see any top half sides taking a punt anytime soon on him so Forest would be a good move for him to solidify them as a PL and mid table side.
He'll have plenty of offers. He's proven himself to be very competent.

I would like to see him with an ambitious Championship club and lead them to promotion and be a bit of a club hero.

Maybe he'll have another go with a European club.

I've a soft spot for him cos he seems to get unnecessary criticism cos he's not sexy.

Even Everton fans criticised him and they've been battling relegation since he left.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC

I would like to see him with an ambitious Championship club and lead them to promotion and be a bit of a club hero.

I've a soft spot for him cos he seems to get unnecessary criticism cos he's not sexy.

Even Everton fans criticised him and they've been battling relegation since he left.
They literally finished 5th ahead of united the season after he left.

They've been a solid midtable club up until the past 3 or seasons where they've been at the bottom. It's nothing to do with moyes leaving.

stevoc

Dos veces en españa?

dinostar77

Now that would be embarrassing. Imagine Real Madrid winning the conference league.
We havent won a league titile in 11 years and a CL in even longer. We arent in the same class as likes of real madrid. Crystal Palace are making us look like a league 1 side.

A conference title would be a step up for the current shocking state we are in.

LawmanMan

They literally finished 5th ahead of united the season after he left.

They've been a solid midtable club up until the past 3 or seasons where they've been at the bottom. It's nothing to do with moyes leaving.
His team finished fifth with Lukaku. What happened the following few seasons?

Big Andy

Bloke
Least he waited for the season to be done before announcing he’s leaving. Not like the other gobshite who wanted the half a season media campaign kissing his arse and telling him he’s the best ever.
Yeah, Fergie is a right bastard for that.

BorisManUtd

Bad news for Luton as West Ham players will now want to give him proper send-off. Though West Ham would've probably won that game anyway.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Wasn't there rumours of his departure last summer? He could have left then and left on a high and looked for other opportunities. A year later he's sacked, the fans have been calling for his head for months and the narrative around him is very different.

BorisManUtd

Wasn't there rumours of his departure last summer? He could have left then and left on a high and looked for other opportunities. A year later he's sacked, the fans have been calling for his head for months and the narrative around him is very different.
It would've probably been better if he left last year but think his reputation is still mostly intact. Won them a trophy after decades, finished around 7-8th on the table multiple times etc. Someone mentioned Forest and I could see him going there if they survive and decide to part ways with Nuno. If not them, then some other PL team at some point during next season.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It would've probably been better if he left last year but think his reputation is still mostly intact. Won them a trophy after decades, finished around 7-8th on the table multiple times etc. Someone mentioned Forest and I could see him going there if they survive and decide to part ways with Nuno. If not them, then some other PL team at some point during next season.
Also had a good EL run again this season, unlucky that he had to face the true invincibles there. But still in terms of performance that EL could probably be similarly rated as the ECL win the year before.