Full Name: Dan Gore
Date of Birth: Sep 26, 2004
Nationality: England
189.png

Position: Midfield - Central Midfield
Foot: Right
Contract Expires: Jun 30, 2026
Last contract extension: Jul 24, 2023​

Hope he gets a loan not to the lower leagues, but somewhere abroad to build some confidence. Kid was quite in the same breath as Mainoo the last few years I'd say. Injuries, and maybe not the same physical blessings seem to have held him back a bit.

I would much rather he stay here than go on loan, at least until January. If we do get rid of Casemiro and Eriksen and sign Ugarte as reported, then our midfield options will be Bruno, Mount, Mainoo, Ugarte and McTominay. He would get minutes in the EL and Carabao Cup as the 6th choice midfielder ( maybe 7th if Hannibal stays). It will help his development to be properly integrated in the squad for the first half of the season at least.

I agree. Those minutes he got in the first team were promising. Small, but a tough lad.

I agree. Those minutes he got in the first team were promising. Small, but a tough lad.
He and Kobbie formed a dynanic partnership at youthlevel. Hopefully they can reproduce it at PL level, not easy but you never know

At this rate the academy will have to be the one to solve our midfield woes. Hopefully he keeps progressing well, his cameos were impressive.

It's a bit sad that Dan didn't get the same chances Mainoo got. It was a joy to watch them together in the U18s. You wouldn't think that Dan Gore was an inferior player by any means, he was great at carrying the ball and perhaps an even better passer than Mainoo but Mainoo had better dribbling and strength/skill under pressure. Would have loved to have seen him again on the preseason tour but the shoulder dislocation might have kept him out, seriously bad timing.
We need to be careful with what we do next with him, needs a good loan or it will be very difficult for him, still think he has the ability to be a United player, an absolute fighter on pitch too.

Same with Shea Lacey, would probably have gone on tour but seems to be still recovering from his injury.

Reactions: 711
I always thought that he would get injured quickly because he does go for tackles that other players don't. He will end up getting some back as well. It will be interesting if he goes on loan again.

Do we know what is happening with him and when is he expected to return from his injury?

Do we know what is happening with him and when is he expected to return from his injury?

Had shoulder surgery early last month. Dont expect him back that soon... But high hopes for when he returns as he impressed last summer in preseason

Had shoulder surgery early last month. Dont expect him back that soon... But high hopes for when he returns as he impressed last summer in preseason
Thanks.

Definitely high hopes. Was really unlucky last season. Maybe he can do a Mainoo - bad injury but a great return

Thanks.

Definitely high hopes. Was really unlucky last season. Maybe he can do a Mainoo - bad injury but a great return
I imagine it will be u21s for 2024 and probably a loan in 25 and take it from there.

I still think he is going to make it at Manchester United. Too good not to. Just needs a good chance at first team level. ETH was already playing hin last year so I hope it will continue when he returns from injury.

I imagine it will be u21s for 2024 and probably a loan in 25 and take it from there.
I just think U21s are so bad for career progression, very rarely does it feel like players standout in U21s. Usually, players who dominate the u18s get fast tracked to the first team barring poor physicality.

At least in the U18s you have a chance to win the FYC, UEFA youth league. Winning those goes a long way in establishing your level.

Has to be another loan move this season. Hopefully to a nice team in the championship.

Just a reminder of what he was doing last summer's preseason and what he will hopefully do in our first team when he returns from his shoulder surgery

I just think U21s are so bad for career progression, very rarely does it feel like players standout in U21s. Usually, players who dominate the u18s get fast tracked to the first team barring poor physicality.

At least in the U18s you have a chance to win the FYC, UEFA youth league. Winning those goes a long way in establishing your level.

Has to be another loan move this season. Hopefully to a nice team in the championship.

He played one game in his loan last year before getting a bad injury that he's still not fully recovered from. For sure he'll play U21s until January and then hopefully he'll get a loan of he can prove his fitness.

One of my favourites from the academy, hope he recovers soon and gets a chance. Great player to watch.

One of my favourites from the academy, hope he recovers soon and gets a chance. Great player to watch.
Is he back in training yet?
Last piece I read on him was he had successful shoulder surgery which sounds like long rehab to me but I could be wrong.

Is he back in training yet?
Last piece I read on him was he had successful shoulder surgery which sounds like long rehab to me but I could be wrong.
Dont think so. I'm afraid Ten Hag is just gonna discard him because he's found his new posterboy in Collyer.

Dont think so. I'm afraid Ten Hag is just gonna discard him because he's found his new posterboy in Collyer.
With Scott and Hannibal out the door soon and possibly Erickson there will be spots available before long

We will see, will be very happy to be wrong. Not the biggest fan of ETH's handling of youth

Dont be daft on purpose, ofcourse I'm not saying we should play an injured player. But you knew that.

We'll see what? If Collyer is being preffered over Gore due to being a poster boy?

What is it that's going to prove that theory?

And if he doesn't that aitomatically means Collyer has been prioritised over him for his posterboy qualities?
Not necessarily, there are other factors as well. The reason I said this(and it could just be an unfounded concern, maybe Ten Hag likes Gore more), is I have seen Ten Hag play favourites before with young players. And he doesnt use the youth as much as I would like, so if somebody falls out of favour, it becomes very difficult for them to find a way back in. I just hope that doesnt happen with Gore. I said I was afraid that this might happen, not that it WILL happen.