Television Cyberpunk: Edgerunners | Netflix

Hoof the ball

Animated series set in Night City and a story that runs concurrently with the Cyberpunk 2077 game, which incidentally has a 300% increase in players since this animation dropped.

Absolutely smashing those reviews right now.

100% on RT and 97% audience.
8.7 on imdb and myanimelist.

Very NSFW trailer

AaronRedDevil

Just finished it earlier. Unbelievable show. Ending took me by surprise. The show is Very bloody and brutal. It was cool seeing the tech in effect. All the characters were cool. It was funny I was able to identify exactly where the characters are placed in the world. I played the crap out of the game. Knew every inch of the map. I Wonder is there going to be a Season 2. I still prefer Arcane but this is definitely up there with the best on Netflix.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Good to hear. Love the Cyberpunk theme and am currently playing the game. Will try this after.

Jev

Trailer looks cool. Is it worth watching if you haven't played the game and have no plans to do so?

Drainy

Watched the first episode. Pretty good opener.

As an aside, music is by Akira Yamaoko, original Team Silent member, composer from the original Silent Hill series

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
This is class. It’s actually shockingly good considering how meh the game is. Like you’d wonder why they even bothered to make it? But I guess the lore is there from the Cyberpunk visual novels or whatever so why not. But yeah, it’s amazing.

redom

This is class. It’s actually shockingly good considering how meh the game is. Like you’d wonder why they even bothered to make it? But I guess the lore is there from the Cyberpunk visual novels or whatever so why not. But yeah, it’s amazing.
Think it's been in development for quite some time so I don't think they decided to do this after the games launch. I can understand the spike in players though, they do a great job tying in locations from the game and making you want to jump back into that universe.
Must've listened to this a dozen times since watching the second episode...

the second time they use this was tragic, and the whole outcome in general was really sad but felt in keeping with how lives play out in Night City. I imagine they'll want a second season after the success of this one but they might have to tell a completely different story considering the destruction at the end.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Think it's been in development for quite some time so I don't think they decided to do this after the games launch. I can understand the spike in players though, they do a great job tying in locations from the game and making you want to jump back into that universe.

the second time they use this was tragic, and the whole outcome in general was really sad but felt in keeping with how lives play out in Night City. I imagine they'll want a second season after the success of this one but they might have to tell a completely different story considering the destruction at the end.
I really hope they don't do a second season. It was a brilliant, tight 10 episodes. No need to milk it, in my opinion.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Just finished this. I wasn’t sure by the art style to begin with but by the end really enjoyed it. The characters were all very good and believable in the world. It’s slept on how good the world and lore is in this Cyberpunk universe and I think that’s what made it a great video game for me too personally.

Hamnat

I'm up to episode 5 as of last night. I'm liking the style and the attention to game detail. I'm looking at scenes and I feel like I have driven down that street. Or hacked that particular gang etc. Its easy to see why there has been a resurgence of players trying the actual game after the release of the show. Or coming back again.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm holding off on this as I'm playing the game. But really looking forward to it as I've not really watched any anime I don't think

Drainy

I'm holding off on this as I'm playing the game. But really looking forward to it as I've not really watched any anime I don't think
I reckon it's a good anime for people who don't watch anime.

Kinda like Cowboy Bebop.

It doesn't outstay its welcome either so not a heavy commitment.

Massive Spanner

The Football Grinch
I finished it last night. I wouldn't be a big anime person and I found the game average, but it's incredibly good.

Wouldn't mind more of it but I think they should leave the current story be and do a new one. I hope they don't try do something with Lucy now.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Just been watching this as I've started playing the game again. It's very good. The scene with Pilar and the Cyberpsycho is exceptional.