Club Ownership | INEOS responsible for the football side

Kinsella

Copy & Paste Merchant
Much as some of you like to pretend otherwise, women's football is still light years behind the men and that's where the money is.

Stop crying about it like it's so inconceivable.
There’s that, but it’s not only that. It’s about the building of a new stadium and the redevelopment of the surrounding area.

Amir

Its a cup final and the biggest event United have had so far this season, he should have been there and the fact he wasn't speaks to the women's team not being especially high up his list of priorities. He's a billionaire, I'm sure he could get a meeting with Starmer any time he wants one. I guess it's good though that they got to discuss this new stadium idea now so that Starmer has time to backtrack on any related policy before the general election.
You could also say it would have been a simple and cheap PR move to go to the cup final which would have looked good because the owner was there supporting the women side and also saw his team win a trophy. But that's all it would have been - something that would have looked good in the photos.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
There’s that, but it’s not only that. It’s about the building of a new stadium and the redevelopment of the surrounding area.
Yeah, just in general, I think that comment feels like what some of those Momentum Labour people spout about while being nowhere near power.

It's all well and good talking the talk, but walking the walk is a bit different if you want to get things done.

Last edited:

The Irish Connection

Why am I seeing this weird, completely premature negativity towards Ineos already?
Not just in here.
There seems to be a penchant for moaning no matter what.
The fact of the matter is so far Ratcliffe has put 300m into the club, has brought in proper football people above the manager and wants to build a new stadium. Lightyears ahead of anything the Glazers did in the previous 18 years.

I for one am looking forward to the summer transfer window and seeing what they can do.
They surely won’t be making brain dead recruitment decisions like Antony or Mount any more.

Red00012

Its a cup final and the biggest event United have had so far this season, he should have been there and the fact he wasn't speaks to the women's team not being especially high up his list of priorities. He's a billionaire, I'm sure he could get a meeting with Starmer any time he wants one. I guess it's good though that they got to discuss this new stadium idea now so that Starmer has time to backtrack on any related policy before the general election.
His job is to fix the United team. A women’s cup final is hardly a priority .

RORY65

His job is to fix the United team. A women’s cup final is hardly a priority .
He's a custodian of the club, I don't think it's outrageous to think that he should be attending the final of a senior team (regardless of gender). I'm not sure how attending either match today is going to play a major part in fixing the team but thanks for agreeing with the crux of my point that it shows the women's team isn't high on his list of priorities.

Red00012

He's a custodian of the club, I don't think it's outrageous to think that he should be attending the final of a senior team (regardless of gender). I'm not sure how attending either match today is going to play a major part in fixing the team but thanks for agreeing with the crux of my point that it shows the women's team isn't high on his list of priorities.
It’s not , no one gives a feck

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Why am I seeing this weird, completely premature negativity towards Ineos already?
Not just in here.
The fact of the matter is so far Ratcliffe has put 300m into the club, has brought in proper football people above the manager and wants to build a new stadium. Lightyears ahead of anything the Glazers did in the previous 18 years.

I for one am looking forward to the summer transfer window and seeing what they can do.
They surely won’t be making brain dead recruitment decisions like Antony or Mount any more.
Because some fans have no patience and simply thought it was easy to come in and chuck money around to fix things magically. They live in cloud cuckoo land

mu4c_20le

Not just in here.

Think it's because they keep leaking nonsense like possibly keeping eth because there's no one else , or appointing Southgate.

They'll instantly gain a mountain of goodwill when they LVG him in two weeks though

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!
On the bright side, when the big screens at Wembley stadium showed Glazer shaking hands with the women as they got their medals, the crowd booed.

The video crew soon twigged what was up though and made sure to keep his face out of the frame for the rest of the shots :lol:
You love to see it :lol:

Red00012

Not just in here.

I think they are still butthurt a bid that seems to be BS didn’t materialize and want a told you so to happen

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Because some fans have no patience and simply thought it was easy to come in and chuck money around to fix things magically. They live in cloud cuckoo land
It’s not as if they’ve even had chance to throw the money around yet, they came in after the window closed, that said sir Jim has already put him 200m in as promised.
Im sure there are some folk who post here who, if we won the league next season they’d still complain that it’s not a double/treble. :rolleyes:

The Irish Connection

Think it's because they keep leaking nonsense like possibly keeping eth because there's no one else , or appointing Southgate.

They'll instantly gain a mountain of goodwill when they LVG him in two weeks though
Yeah, I think he should go, but even if they appointed Southgate I would feel happier than if the Glazers and their stooges were still in control of the football side.

Player recruitment is massive for us to get right, and you’d feel as though Wilcox, Berrada and Ashworth will do a better job than the lot before.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss

There are very few options open to ten Hag to improve the team currently, so therefore there would also be very few options for a new man or interim too. It’s not a magic bullet that fans want it to be and the decision has to be taken with as much information as possible at the right time. I trust INEOS to do this the right way and get the decision right, although
I agree the uncertainty is unhelpful currently.

The Irish Connection

I know but I’ve been hearing from United fans that no matter what player we bring in they will turn to shit, and Ineos will be thrown into the negative blender as soon as.

Whats the point of even trying if that’s the case?

I’m feeling positive about the upcoming transfer window anyway. Let’s see how it goes.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
I know but I’ve been hearing from United fans that no matter what player we bring in they will turn to shit, and Ineos will be thrown into the negative blender as soon as.

Whats the point of even trying if that’s the case?

I’m feeling positive about the upcoming transfer window anyway. Let’s see how it goes.
Im also feeling positive about the summer. There’s no matches to depress me

Yakuza_devils

Few leaks to sort first Jim
There should be a way to charge Glazers as criminal robbing us for more than a decade. Seriously, there is no difference with being robbed. They neglect us to such a sorry stage on and off the pitch and yet to make profit of 6B selling us. Mind you they already took more than 1B out of the club already. Thiefs