City and Financial Doping | Charged by PL with numerous FFP breaches

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
It is possible but you'll probably win nowt

Only way is a transfer and salary cap which I don't think any of the old g14 clubs would ever be in favour of, the Champions League expansion has distorted every major League in Europe, it's all fecking shit and there is no way of bolting that door now, no matter how many charges city are guilty of (which will be most) there is no way of leveling the playing field and that started with the G14's greed, as soon as money becomes involved in sporting events you can guarantee people will look to exploit that, we're basically Frankenstein's monster created by the g14 clubs greed who wanted a close shop
The extrapolation for City, which is often missed in counterpoints is that: no matter what the rules are, they have and will actively break them, so it doesn’t matter what implementation there is; it’s going to be circumvented anyway.

If a club doesn’t agree with the rules in place, they are free to not enter the competition under said rules.

LordSpud

Anyone else finished with football if they don't get a proper punishment? Feel like it's all a bit pointless if they get away with it.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Still think they'll be relegated but come back up straight away Juve style. Probably with--3 points for each proven charge or just being moved to 20th. No idea what they'd do with historical results.

They might need the FA cup to be in Europe, in the championship... Could also mean 2nd is enough this year and 3rd bottom.

Loon

:lol:
Still think they'll be relegated but come back up straight away Juve style. Probably with--3 points for each proven charge or just being moved to 20th. No idea what they'd do with historical results.

They might need the FA cup to be in Europe, in the championship... Could also mean 2nd is enough this year and 3rd bottom.
I would imagine the record would remain untouched as Juve’s are. I would love a song from every terrace to remind them in perpetuity they are cheats, akin to the “dirty Leeds’” everyone knows, old or young.

SER19

Anyone else finished with football if they don't get a proper punishment? Feel like it's all a bit pointless if they get away with it.
I don't think it's overstating it to say it's about the last chance for football to salvage some credibility. Need to be absolutely hammered, will get a slap on the wrist

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
I would imagine the record would remain untouched as Juve’s are. I would love a song from every terrace to remind them in perpetuity they are cheats, akin to the “dirty Leeds’” everyone knows, old or young.
Huh, didn't Juventus get stripped of several titles?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
You would think that clubs individually won't stand for a soft punishment so this is a possibility.
It feels like for a long while no-one seemed to care as it was pretty much United getting upset by City's emergence.
I was always surprised Arsenal didn't care more when they kept cherry picking their players.

But now, other teams seem to get what's gone on. Took them long enough.

SuperiorXI

It feels like for a long while no-one seemed to care as it was pretty much United getting upset by City's emergence.
I was always surprised Arsenal didn't care more when they kept cherry picking their players.

It's not even just the PL either, now other European teams must be fretting about their emergence. They could easily dominate the CL with their resources, especially if they get away with the 115 charges.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It's not even just the PL either, now other European teams must be fretting about their emergence. They could easily dominate the CL with their resources, especially if they get away with the 115 charges.
Yep, you definitely know that Real Madrid and Barcelona be monitoring this with interest.
Although they should hush up really, having been used to taking who they wanted even from huge clubs, plus some questionable funding practices themselves.

Football is utterly broken though, from lower league clubs constantly going into administration, through to utter non entity clubs like West Ham technically being richer than historic greats like the Milan clubs.

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
The problem is even if a few hardcore supporters and old times become finished with the league, there are millions that won't be finished with it and are satisfied with the status quo. City and the officials know that and they have crunched the numbers. It's all about money not competition or catering to genuine knowledgeable supporters.

thisisnottaken1

Yup. fecking ABU’s. If it had been Liverpool who were dominant back then, they’d have been up in arms.