Chris Hoy given 2-4 years to live

Fecking hell, what a shame. Must have been so healthy all his life and this comes up

Ah, I wondered too. Chris Hoy has to be one of the least controversial people you could imagine. Vanilla as they come.

What's he done to warrant starting a post in the "man is dying of cancer" thread with "Not his biggest fan, far from it"?

Edit: I guess it's a funny RedCafe joke. Maybe there's a time and a place though. Like if Donald Trump dies.
You're right, I apologize.

Now thats a damn shame.

One of the all time olympic greats and gave me fantastic memories in 2012. This sucks.

fecking hell, he’s only 48 ffs

Just goes to show no matter how healthy you are, gotta live to the utmost and enjoy every moment, you never know how long you might have.

Now thats a damn shame.

One of the all time olympic greats and gave me fantastic memories in 2012. This sucks.

Yeah the track cycling was awesome then. Love his input on the BBC Olympic coverage since he retired.

Hopefully he lives long beyond the diagnosis

Just goes to show no matter how healthy you are, gotta live to the utmost and enjoy every moment, you never know how long you might have.
words to live by and you dont see them a lot of redcafe

I hope he can live the rest of his life surrounded by people who love him. Thats what trully matters in the end.

I'm a big believer that you can make a joke about anything so long as it's intelligent and witty.

This was neither.
I'll run it by you before posting next time.

Didn't know the guy was only 48. And thought it was a pretty well known caf joke. Anyway, it was never my intention to be a cnut. All the best to his family.

The 48-year-old added that he had kept his terminal diagnosis private for a year and also divulged that his wife, Sarra, has “very active and aggressive” multiple sclerosis after a scan last year.

What a brutal period of time for the kids. Sad story and like others have said, mad you can live such a healthy life and your body turn on you whilst others slob it and do nothing right and live to ripe old ages.

I do wonder if there is a link to growth hormones and acceleration of cancer.

Im not calling him a drug cheat but cycling is rife with drug use and performance enhancers to the point where im starting to question if chances of cancer increase because of long time use.

Notwithstanding, its terrible and I hope that he can survive as long as medically possible while maintaining a decent quality of life.

No pedal cycle or brake jokes before anyone thinks about it. I know what some of you are like.

Reading Hoy's comments he seems quite stoic, even sanguine about the diagnosis, which is always heartening to see in times of tragedy. May he live a long life.

mad you can live such a healthy life and your body turn on you whilst others slob it and do nothing right and live to ripe old ages.
It's because of this I try to keep myself healthy without trying too hard and planning it down to the details. Because there are things beyond your control. I only see value in living super healthy if you're somewhat interested in body building. I am not.

I'm pleased the mods decided to ban @HookedOnAPhelan for his comment in this thread. I'm beyond disgusted he said that.

You do not get our hopes up by saying Corden is dying. Not cool man, not cool.

Awfully young to be diagnosed with terminal prostate cancer which is the biggest cancer killer in men.

My dad had it and lived for about 5-6 years, it too spread into his bones, a course of radiotherapy for the bone tumours stopped further growth. He had to have an implant fitted into his stomach which helped keep the cancer confined to his prostate but eventually it stops working and then the cancer spreads again.

My dad wasn't one to go doctors though and it's an illness that once you see any signs you should get checked out immediately.

Terrible news. The old cellar was saying at the weekend that Hoy had lost a load of weight, this explains why.

Did a huge amount for cycling in the UK, especially for kids. Horrendous news that his wife has MS too as I’d imagine Hoy had been planning how to look after her. Life definitely kicks you in the face at times.

Man, that’s sad. 48 years old. Especially terrifying because he was clearly so fit and healthy throughout his life and it still happened to him, shows that cancer can get anyone, really.

To be an Olympic Champion you must have an iron will. Hope that keeps him in good stead through his tough times.

His wife has also been diagnosed with an aggressive form of MS.
Terrible.

What a terrible thing to happen to both him and his poor wife. Talk about the highs and lows of a short life.

So jokes about Chris Hoy dying soon = not cool

Jokes about the queen dying = Cool.

Got it.

It's the reason for my tagline :(

But on a serious note, that's horrible news for Chris Hoy and his family, feck sake cancer. Horrible horrible disease