Charlie Savage | Reading FC

The thread title makes me really happy. Love when a youngster manages to surpass their old man by learning a new skill.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him make it back to the prem at some point, tidy player

He's already kissing the badge :lol: Good luck for the lad in this season.

When I first saw him I didn’t really see what he was about. But he is a smart player, with a very good left foot. Can definitely see him improving, especially if he is playing with like minded players.

Yes.

"According to Manchester Evening News, Reading have agreed a permanent deal to take the 20-year-old this summer.

Man Utd have included a ‘significant sell-on fee’ in the deal along with the option to match any bid for the youngster in the future."
This is what we should do with all these youngsters unless we think they’re incredibly special. Game time is everything and as a loanee it really can’t be guaranteed - sell them for a small fee, put in a meaningful sell on and buyback and let another club develop them.

When I first saw him I didn’t really see what he was about. But he is a smart player, with a very good left foot. Can definitely see him improving, especially if he is playing with like minded players.

Yep I was the same, I thought he looked like a bit of a nothing player but by last season I thought he was really decent. Can definitely see him doing well in a prem side at some point.

A promising player with a great attitude and a sweet left foot. I think he will have a good career.

Yep I was the same, I thought he looked like a bit of a nothing player but by last season I thought he was really decent. Can definitely see him doing well in a prem side at some point.
This is why it can be beneficial to hold judgment sometimes too. His temperament and composure will help him no doubt have a career maybe more talented peers in his academy group may not.

Seems like a good, grounded lad. I hope he has a good career.

This is what we should do with all these youngsters unless we think they’re incredibly special. Game time is everything and as a loanee it really can’t be guaranteed - sell them for a small fee, put in a meaningful sell on and buyback and let another club develop them.

Yeah seems like this is the direction we are going under Ten Hag looking at the deals we made for some of the youngsters we sold.

I remember the young Robbie Savage for Crewe. Slip of a lad, skilful.
People forget that player and remember the thicker set destroyer of a midfielder he became.

Yeah seems like this is the direction we are going under Ten Hag looking at the deals we made for some of the youngsters we sold.
Yeah seems a lot more decisive. Has a look at them and then sell or in rare cases (Mainoo being one) he seems open to trying to develop them in the first team.

Keeper had a shocker there! But happy for the lad, never thought there would also be a universe where I'd be happy for the Savage family on the whole but you can't help but want him to go on to play at the top level, for him and his dad's sake if nothing else.

Yes.

"According to Manchester Evening News, Reading have agreed a permanent deal to take the 20-year-old this summer.

Man Utd have included a ‘significant sell-on fee’ in the deal along with the option to match any bid for the youngster in the future."
That is not a buy back clause..

Scored a beauty against Millwall tonight.

The Reading fans really need to work on their chants :lol:

I really liked him and Iqbal last pre season.. Hope both do well.

Will probably make his sixth league start in as many games tonight. Their match against Cambridge will be live on Sky (8PM). Luckily they show it in Finland too, so without any other football on I’ll definitely see how he’s doing.

As I posted in the other thread. That video is at least 2 months old.

It's at 5.20.