Championship 2023/24 | 1st legs today

IRN-BRUno

Excellent for Ipswich. Like Luton, It's always good seeing a team that struggled for so long get this kind of reward.

Really don't care which one of the play off teams gets promoted. Much of the same, they'll come up and go back down within a year or two.

I get what you're saying, they deserved it the way they got rid of Eustace, but after Rooney's disaster spell, it was Tony Mowbray/Gary Rowett that took them down.
Harsh on Mowbray! He got 6 points from 3 games before he had to step down for medical reasons.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
A big relief that we stayed up, but it is not an achievement and not something we should celebrate. We should have secured a steady mid-table finish, and never should have allowed ourselves to get dragged into a relegation battle, failing to even mathematically secure survival going into the final day, in the first place.

Sammie Szmodics scoring 27 league goals and finishing as the top scorer, in such a struggling, under-performing team, reflects well on him. Clearly he’s going in the summer, and I wish him well.

It is quite funny though that when we were in a disastrous run of form, we still went to Elland Road, won and heavily damaged their automatic promotion bid.

I’m delighted for Ipswich. Given that the gulf between the Championship and League One has widened considerably in modern times, back to back promotions is incredible. And I’m also happy that Sheffield Wednesday stayed up while Birmingham were relegated.
we've been linked with Szmodics would love him think he'd fit in

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Nah, you set a goal and if you don't achieve it you do changes. At normal clubs anyway.
Most Hull fans seem to think it's harsh. Looking at their previous league positions it seems so too?

RedRocket9908

A bit embarrasing that pitch invasion from the Bolton fans after a 3-2 home defeat, they arnt even promoted yet and have only just scrapped through to the playoff final.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Hope Norwich or West Brom make it up. Leeds and Southampton have good players that could be available on cut price deals in the summer if they stay down/they'd be a much stronger proposition in the PL if they were promoted.

CallyRed

Come on Norwich, my local team. Would be good having the 2 East Anglian teams back in the PL.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Such a poor game. Neither of those teams look remotely good enough to go up.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Hope Norwich or West Brom make it up. Leeds and Southampton have good players that could be available on cut price deals in the summer if they stay down/they'd be a much stronger proposition in the PL if they were promoted.
I only 50% agree with you for obvious reasons. I don’t think I’ve wanted to see a Leeds win in my life until today. It feels wrong.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Some really poor technical ability on display here.
On paper Norwich have a couple of good players, especially Sara, and Leeds do too. Really not seeing it so far though, but that’s the nerves I reckon.

NicolaSacco

Supports
Ipswich
Both games today have been shocking.
When Wagner took Huddersfield up through the playoffs he did it with three 0-0 draws, winning both the semi and final on pens. Which doesn’t bode well for the return match.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
I want Southampton to go up. Obviously don’t want Leeds, and Norwich and West Brom would be to boring.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
When Wagner took Huddersfield up through the playoffs he did it with three 0-0 draws, winning both the semi and final on pens. Which doesn’t bode well for the return match.
His team are to boring. Don’t fancy seeing Norwich in the prem again, they’ll probably get battered every week.