Television Castle Rock | A Hulu original | Stephen King

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
That's the first thing I thought ha..great mind but clueless with a visual transfer to screen.

I'm as big a King fan as most, have even driven past his house, but I think the films he's been heavily involved with have been mostly terrible.

GBBQ

Anyone know if they will use the major characters like Pennywise or is this the background characters who pop up throughout the books?

gza the genius

I watched the first three. I haven't read any of the books so I'm missing most of the easter eggs but the show itself is certainly interesting so far, if not a little slow.

Pscholes18

Saw the first episode...certainly has me interested....haven't read a lot of King books so i have to look up the connections but so far so good.

Nialler

Alex's Dad
Saw the first three episodes, will continue watching as it looks like it has the makings of a really good show. I agree that most adaptations of his books have been poor with the exception of the Shawshank Redemption and the TV movie, Salem's Lot. Interestingly Shawshank prison features heavily in the opening episodes.

The Firestarter

Saw the first three episodes, will continue watching as it looks like it has the makings of a really good show. I agree that most adaptations of his books have been poor with the exception of the Shawshank Redemption and the TV movie, Salem's Lot. Interestingly Shawshank prison features heavily in the opening episodes.
Green Mile was fine.

Mockney

Not the only poster to be named Poster of the Year
Stand by Me
Green Mile
Misery
Carrie
The Mist
The Running Man
The Shinning
Dolores Claiborne
Apt Pupil
Gerald’s Game & 1922 on Netflix were both great... feck, even Pet Cemetary is fun in a dumb way.

He’s doing okay...

So, hold on, it’s got the guy whose currently playing Pennywise in It, and Sissy Spacek? Are we supposed to infer anything from that? Cannon-wise? Or is it just hat tipping casting? What are the chances of Kathy Bates turning up at some point?

Last edited:

Tarrou

Episode 7 was by far the best so far IMO

Thought it was floundering the previous few episodes but that was brilliant

RedNed77

Episode 7 was by far the best so far IMO

Thought it was floundering the previous few episodes but that was brilliant
I genuinely thought episode 7 was one of the best episodes of tv I’ve ever seen. It filled in so much back story, was brilliantly acted by Sissy Spacek and gave a harrowing view into the life of Alzheimer’s. I’d argue the first 6 episodes were worth watching just to merit the 7th, it was a mic drop moment. Although all of it was good.