Carlos Noom Quomah Baleba

IrishRedDevil

Merry-go-round in Brightons midfield this season.

First it was Dahoud, then Hinshelwood.

Now it’s time for 19 year old Cameroonian - Quomah Baleba.

Seen as the real Caicedo replacement.

Last edited:
Another one to keep an eye on. Looks very positive so far

Top prospect. Brighton did well to get him with the competition around

Seriously how the feck Brighton keep doing it. It's amazing top top scouting.

He was utter rubbish in his first few games. Brighton can continue playing him but a club like United cannot.

The Brighton model as perfect as it looks will be a disaster for United. Even Liverpool buy from them and not compete in the same market space.

Credit to Brighton for using the right model as an upcoming club punching above their weight but this same model will be obsolete when they become one of the top clubs.

TBF he is still pretty raw especially off the ball and hadn't played a lot for Lille either, sometimes playing as AM. His ability on the ball is clear to see and teams around have clearly taken a note but to play him as part of a double pivot for a big team will be a gamble.

For a top club he could be a punt but Brighton will give him game time in the PL and thats an exciting proposition for a young player like him

Looks very strong an dpowerful runnign with the ball and godo technique but still pretty raw. Think its pretty important for Brighton he breaks through though. Milner and DAhoud serve a purpose but there midfield nderstandably has looked a fair bit weaker so far this season.

Good to see Adingra score, think he looks a huge prospect too though really trying to find his feet and its a shame Encisco got injured early in the season as I think he is the really big prospect not being raved about in comparison to Fergson ad Mitouma but think he has hge potential

Wasn't a big fan of this guy initially, but then I saw his face...

Now I'm a Baleba.

He was utter rubbish in his first few games. Brighton can continue playing him but a club like United cannot.

The Brighton model as perfect as it looks will be a disaster for United. Even Liverpool buy from them and not compete in the same market space.

Credit to Brighton for using the right model as an upcoming club punching above their weight but this same model will be obsolete when they become one of the top clubs.

I agree with all of the above but that's why big clubs need feeder clubs/close agreements with other clubs. A club our size should be forming links like this that occasionally alow us to farm out promising young talent to develop rather than paying through the nose for it once it has.

Maybe we can create a scout position to just scout Brighton's scout?

He's found himself back in the team again now under Hürzeler and has been preforming well from what I've seen. Will be interesting to see how he gets on this season. He would have been a signing I'd have been looking at based on last season, where he grew as the season went on and started to look like a force in midfield. I'm getting the same vibe as when I saw Caicedo there, I think they've found another good one here. Hopefully we're at the front of the queue if he keeps developing this season.

If anyone has nothing to do then he's starting against Forest today, worth checking him out if you've not seen much of him before. Although this may be the kiss of death and he'll have a bad game now!

Really like him. Sometimes his touch can be a little erractic but his power and pace is really impressive.