Film Captain America 4

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Looks like it's a go......why???

How the hell is Falcon going to take up the shield? Will he given a shot of the super serum or something?

I'm not clued in on Marvel to know whether Falcon > Captain America is a draw or not, but I feel like Anthony Mackie definitely isn't. He's a bit boring, really. It's also a rather worrying sign that they advertise the director as "best known for helming The Cloverfield Paradox", which was a bad film (21%/42% on Rotten Tomatoes).

Wasn't convinced by Mackie as Captain America until I saw The Falcon and The Winter Soldier. Changed my mind completely.

I'm not clued in on Marvel to know whether Falcon > Captain America is a draw or not, but I feel like Anthony Mackie definitely isn't. He's a bit boring, really. It's also a rather worrying sign that they advertise the director as "best known for helming The Cloverfield Paradox", which was a bad film (21%/42% on Rotten Tomatoes).

Steve Rogers was super-jacked from the experiments during the war, so he had some degree of power. Falcon is just a guy with a winged suit. If they give him the shield and pit him against powerful aliens or demi-gods I'm done. I haven't watched The Falcon & The Winter Soldier so not up-to-date with his arc but it just ain't right.

They’ll have to give him super serum.

They’ll have to bring back The Winter Soldier too.

How the hell is Falcon going to take up the shield? Will he given a shot of the super serum or something?

Nope, he's just Falcon with a new name. But he's black, and apparently black kids won't look up to "Falcon" but they will look up to "Captain America", even though they are the same character just with a different name.

As for Mackie himself, I quite liked him in the side kick role in the movies he's been in. He did his job well. Seeing him lead Altered Carbon season 2 led me to believe he should never be allowed to lead a show again. He was terrible. Walked around like a fecking terminator for some reason. And of course, the show got cancelled as a result. And Falcon and Winter soldier was pretty terrible, but not because of him though.

I can't think that Disney has too much faith in the movie either, what with giving to a guy who is most famous for a shitty cloverfield movie. Most of what he's done are shorts. The writers haven't done much either, with one of them having done only one other feature. The other guy seems to be mostly "developed by" with a few "written by"s. So its not looking like they are throwing a lot of weight behind it.

Oh great, the cnut who helmed Cloverfield Parashite and the one actor with less acting range than Wayne Rooney. What could possibly go wrong? I'm still pissed off at Anthony Mackie for contributing to Altered Carbon being cancelled.

As someone who laps up everything Marvel serves me Mackie is a feckin shite Captain America and I've zero interest in his solo movie unless Buckie is heavily involved