Bringing Ralfie back.

It was a really baffling time. I'm sure I remember some sort of article at the time about how horrendously organised training was.

And then at the same time, Ralf is objectively an incredibly smart football man who publicly gave the club some home truths.

Ultimately, I think his disastrous tenure reflects more on the club than it does him. Somehow.

I miss the standard German fashion sense of wearing dark colored shirts and lighter jumpers.

It was a really baffling time. I'm sure I remember some sort of article at the time about how horrendously organised training was.

And then at the same time, Ralf is objectively an incredibly smart football man who publicly gave the club some home truths.

Ultimately, I think his disastrous tenure reflects more on the club than it does him. Somehow.
The club lost all assistants along with Ole so it makes sense that training was horrendously organized when he was flying in barely qualified blokes from the US based on his red bull contacts.

OIP.AD2_VN26XI7QRMMrIe98QAAAAA

Look, he didn't get a fair crack. The whole thing was bizarre. Give the man a contract and watch us gegenpress our way to the treble.

Bollocks. RR is the one.
I do pine for losing to Boro in the cup again.

Definitely beats winning the final.

Another vaunted failure lashing out from the distance. Quite a few on this path.

Always the club's fault.

Never their own.

I'm in.Get him back.But if you think this bunch of lazy bartenders have down tools for ETH you ain't seen nothing yet.

38% win rate, yeah, let's bring back one of the worst managers in our club's entire history.

Alarm bells about Ten Hag should have went off the moment we learned he didn’t want the expertise of someone like RR. Too narcissistic to be challenged by anyone.

Getting him with a proper set up and coaching team wouldn't have been a bad idea.

But that assumes that he would want to comeback in the first place.

He didn't get a fair crack. Neither did he have a coaching team as well. The chance missed was in not appointing him as a sporting/football director where his real proficiency was.

He came in the worst of the times, was never backed and always treated as temporary by both squad and the management. We crucified him for telling the truth that became apparent soon after he left. Obviously majority of people (not just United fans) prefer the low key gaslighting “all is fine, we just need time, if it wasn’t for the injuries we’d challenge for the title, next year has to be better, it’s because the pre season wasn’t as we wanted” over harsh criticism and difficult solutions.

RR was easily the best manager we’ve had since Sir Alex

So you want 45min of gegenpress followed by 30 games of crap. Because that's what you'll get.
Him getting the players he wanted in and out would have made that a much more coherent and better side. And at much more reasonable rates

ETH's spent close to a billion and the club is probably worse off than it was under Ralf.

It's not just about match tactics. Ralf had the contacts with the coaches/managers/players that could have been a real help in revamping the squad.

He came in the worst of the times, was never backed and always treated as temporary by both squad and the management. We crucified him for telling the truth that became apparent soon after he left. Obviously majority of people (not just United fans) prefer the low key gaslighting “all is fine, we just need time, if it wasn’t for the injuries we’d challenge for the title, next year has to be better, it’s because the pre season wasn’t as we wanted” over harsh criticism and difficult solutions.

RR was easily the best manager we’ve had since Sir Alex
47566a27b82c4032946057f7d531c557_320_320.jpg

I'm serious. I think Ralf is thrice the manager EtH believes he is.

I think the dreadfulness of our tactical setups under Rangnick is only rivalled by whatever it is that ETH has been trying to make work since the start of last season, from all the post-SAF managers. Except for that first 20 minutes vs Palace, I guess.

Although, Ronaldo basically not willing to press didn't help. And other players probably didn't give a feck about Rangnick's instructions either.

Last edited:
No. For the same reason he struggled. Gegenpress requires a full preseason of specific conditioning, you ideally bring these type of managers at the end of the season to start the process early or you do it during the offseason.

Roy Keane interim until the end of the season with contracted appearances on The Overlap weekly to callout everything and everyone. Give us something tidy to watch each week at least