Music Best Albums 2022

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Hit me with your favouirte albums of the year so I have stuff to listen to over Christmas.

Really? I gave up on them years ago. After the third album I think.

I'd say this was about the time I did too.... although 'give up' is a bit strong of word, Be Here Now just murdered the scene, so the bands below Oasis and Blur just stopped getting that free attention. But it looks like they've been consistently well rated ever since, all their albums are reasonably well reviewed, seems a bit mad, given I didn't even know they continued after that third album :lol:

Really? I gave up on them years ago. After the third album I think.
I'd say this was about the time I did too.... although 'give up' is a bit strong of word, Be Here Now just murdered the scene, so the bands below Oasis and Blur just stopped getting that free attention. But it looks like they've been consistently well rated ever since, all their albums are reasonably well reviewed, seems a bit mad, given I didn't even know they continued after that third album :lol:

If ye liked them early on then it's worth giving some of the new stuff a listen. All the albums they've released since re-forming have been better than the ones right before they broke up. Though the first two are still the best.

If ye liked them early on then it's worth giving some of the new stuff a listen. All the albums they've released since re-forming have been better than the ones right before they broke up. Though the first two are still the best.

Their first two albums and that collection of B-Sides was a pretty good contribution in fairness.

Arctic Monkeys - The Car
Joji - Smithereens
Rei Brown - Xeno
DPR IAN - Moodswings In To Order
The Weeknd - Dawn FM

Bad Bunny - Un Verano Sin Ti
Arctic Monkeys - The Car