Atlético Madrid fans are angry their crest is changing

Holy sh1t is that real?!?!

Should keep the gold edging though.

The colours are more vibrant in the current badge compared to the newer one. Though that might be due to the pasted images.

They should keep the gold border but it's not that much different.

New one FTW with a gold border. Win win.. at the moment, current one looks shite and second one looks too MLS like others have said. Gold border gives a spanish edge to it.

2 minutes of Photoshop

Tl3Wr0o.png

Mainly makes it look less American/stars and stripes

It still looks pretty American too me. Maybe it's just because that image as a whole compared to the other looks so dead, I'm sure it'd look better in real life. Maybe it's also the tree being entirely blue too.

If the change had been done by local owners I think the answer to the change would have been better,however was announced with the name of the stadium, disappointing since they thought that would be simply Metropolitano,as the old stadium or Luís Aragonés,however they saw the owners including their name.
Later came the crest,with the feeling "we don't owe the club anymore".
There were even jokes saying that the Chinese owners would change the bear for a Panda

quinto.jpg

edit:
So I said earlier that the central red stripe isn't centered. And on this one the top row of stars isn't aligned correctly either. Feel like punching a pillow now that I saw that. :lol:
It's the 2nd of 4, not the 3rd of 5... the area the strips cover isn't centered either. There's no problem.
Give me a little time and i'll come up with something about the stars.

Haven't most clubs changed their crest at some point in their history anyways? I think the fans are over-reacting a tad. Can't be as bad as something drastic like changing home kit colours from blue to red as in the case of Cardiff City though they eventually reverted back to blue and wanting to rename your club Hull Tigers.

I could imagine fans getting steamed about things like that. Personally, I would just be happy if United did something about their piss-poor website. Absolutely outdated and shocking for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Haven't most clubs changed their crest at some point in their history anyways? I think the fans are over-reacting a tad. Can't be as bad as something drastic like changing home kit colours from blue to red as in the case of Cardiff City though they eventually reverted back to blue and wanting to rename your club Hull Tigers.

I could imagine fans getting steamed about things like that. Personally, I would just be happy if United did something about their piss-poor website. Absolutely outdated and shocking for one of the biggest clubs in the world.

Aye, it really is feckng abysmal.

I don't know the significance of it but - the 2nd one only has 3 white stripes while the original has 4... might be an important meaning to someone & if so IMHO it changes the whole thing.

The new one looks like a club in the MLS. I think the gold edge could make the difference though.

edit: saw the photoshop.. nah, would still prefer the old one

Did anyone notice that the central red stripe on the old badge isn't actually centered?? I was sceptical of the new one at first but that's unacceptably annoying. Wish I could unsee that!!

why did i read this post. its embedded in my head now. feck

There's nothing drastically wrong with the current one. The new one looks extremely American or a Mexican/South American club team.

This. New one seems too American (the continent). The darker blue does no favours.

111Brentford-crests.jpg

Not as bad as the new Brentford badge. It's meant to be a bee but looks more like a wasp.

New one is better. Gold/yellow has nothing to do with their colors. It's a fine change, same as City.

How they currently look, i like the old one better. The new one is not good enough to change it.

Can't see the fuss really, the change is rather minor. Though I would have kept the yellow trim.

I understand the fans. Small changes can mess up everything. I mean I left a girlfriend of five years after a little change to her face. Admittedly she grew a goatee, but still it was the only change in five years.

I didn't realise how bad the old badge actually was. I would feel ashamed if I designed that. New one much, much better.

I've always thought Atletico's badge was kinda cool. I guess I've never really had a proper look though because that tree is comically abysmal. :lol::lol:

I can understand the problem. Its really sad. The new one doesn't have apples for the bear. Poor one.

I like the new one much more,

I tend to like re-designs and fresher logos, the United one could do with a major facelift, it looks very 90s and out of touch with the modern game, I really liked the rounded Bayern style one that was floating around here about a year ago.

I think we should use both though, Have a new modern badge for the classic range/heritage and drag ourselves into the modern era with all stuff branded with the new logo moving forwards, but I guess were a bit too big now to be swapping logos.