Astro Turf trainers - who do you swear by?

Commadus

After having gone through nikes, adidas, umbros, lottos, puma etc I have been wearing Puma v1.08 - cost me £60 a pair. Have to say I do like them but they have worn out very quickly - less than 6 months. The leather is fine but the sole has all worn down and now I slip quite easily. The soft leather is nice but now they feel like pumps.

So I am after a new pair of astro turf trainers - now I only have one condition - no adidas. I am a bit superstitious and every time I have bought a pair of adidas trainers I have suffered a serious injury so I won't ever buy a pair of adidas trainers ever even though I love the trainers they make - heck I have a pair of brand new Copa Mundials in my garage.

Thing is does anyone have a preference for leather over the new synthetic leather that Nikes seems to be pushing with their new models?

So in short which Astro Trainers do you wear and would you recommed them?

The leather v. synthetic is really only applicable if you have wide feet.

Well I have a pair of leather pumas and not sure I will go for a pair of soft leather trainers in the future as once the leather stretches the trainers feel lose at the front.

Well I have a pair of leather pumas and not sure I will go for a pair of soft leather trainers in the future as once the leather stretches the trainers feel lose at the front.

once they stretch, as my Copas have, I wear two pairs of socks. I start with an ankle sock, put on the shin pads and then the football socks over. Works well.

I had a pair of synthetic upper Predators once but they didn't stretch and I felt like an 18th century Chinese woman whenever I played.

once they stretch, as my Copas have, I wear two pairs of socks. I start with an ankle sock, put on the shin pads and then the football socks over. Works well.

I had a pair of synthetic upper Predators once but they didn't stretch and I felt like an 18th century Chinese woman whenever I played.

Lol. But isn't it uncomfortable to play with two socks on?

I can feel the ball with my pumas but heck they provide no protection whatsover.

I have always bough leather trainers but was going to try out these synthetic leathers ones but everytime I go to the shop and look at them they just feel rigid and tacky.

I tend to wear mouldies on astro-turf, but it can depend on the quality of the surface. Prefer leather over synthetic for my boots, particularly for striking the ball.

The leather v. synthetic is really only applicable if you have wide feet.

Which is better? I seriously struggle with any kind of football boots, flat and wide size 12 feet.

All the leather trainers I have bought have over time gone soft and you lose that stiffness that can help when you strike the ball. I have worn a friends synthetic nike Mercurial - he has worn them a few months but they felt rigid and stiff.

I have to say that I really dislike these trainers. They have caused me massive ankle problems ultimately causing me to fracture my ankle 7 weeks ago which I still have not recovered from.

The problem I find with them is there is too much grip and thus your foot sticks to the ground and your body weight and momentum cause you to go over on your ankle.

I hate people wearing studs on astro turf 5 aside games. i always get covered it stud marks and have bleeding feet.

I currently have a pair of adidas fabric like ones, they are grand.

Well I play on artificial grass but its the same problem they cut up all the grass and turf and then add their customary stud marks.

I have to say that I really dislike these trainers. They have caused me massive ankle problems ultimately causing me to fracture my ankle 7 weeks ago which I still have not recovered from.

The problem I find with them is there is too much grip and thus your foot sticks to the ground and your body weight and momentum cause you to go over on your ankle.

Which trainers?

Well I play on artificial grass but its the same problem they cut up all the grass and turf and then add their customary stud marks.

I always have a go at people who stud me. This isnt 11s, i dont want feel the need to wear shin guards and all sorts, it's a bloody game of 5s ffs. Get a pair of astro trainerboots. YOu can pick up a pair for 20 quid, they don't mess the pitch and they dont bugger all the people you play against who dont wear stupid boots!

Rant over.

Adidas

In fact for all football related shoes I would only recommend Adidas.

Weird thing is the best trainers for football I wore were adidas but after my injuries I couldnt go near them.

JJB were selling some Adidas Absolion for £15 down from £65 - I still didn't buy them.

The one problem I had with adidas is they make their sizes tight - I always got a half a size bigger.

What really pisses me off is the lack of half sizes.

Which trainers?

Just astro turf trainers in general.

I am going to have to revert to playing with indoor football trainers on astro turf. During the summer months anyway.

I use Nike for Astro Turfs, the ones I've currently got.. I've had for 2 years or summat, for football boots.. I recommend Adidas, tighter fit and they are more durable in my experience.

I use the Nike Air Zoom Total 90 III
Something abit like these.
NIK2543A_250_1.jpg

They are light and lasted along time. Worn down easily near my ankles within a month which peed me off, but the sole's have lasted alot longer than other pairs ive had. The best part is that the ball sticks to the bottom of them like super glue. I love them to bits and they get some heavy punishment. Ive even preferred using them on real grass for football matches when the grass has been so dry. Scored a few hat tricks with them, but thats just cause im a fantastic centre forward and am just unlucky that the United scouts keep missing me :( :D

Adidas always for me.

Don't remember the exact type of shoe though, but I go for Adidas grass, indoor and astroturf.