Aston Villa 24/25

Wait for the terminally online lads to start defending it.

Shocking and glad it's got such traction - sadly fans will not vote with their feet for a multitude of reasons.

Wife and father in law are Villa fans (60+ years for him). Both disgusted by prices.

When you look at what Newcastle and Liverpool charged last season, broadly double that.

“Dynamic pricing”. I blame Liam Gallagher.
They are just jumping on the Taylor Swift bandwagon…surprised others haven’t followed suit. It will happen once Utd have a new stadium and they hire a decent manager to get back into the champions league on a consistent basis.

They are just jumping on the Taylor Swift bandwagon…surprised others haven’t followed suit. It will happen once Utd have a new stadium and they hire a decent manager to get back into the champions league on a consistent basis.

That's fine I'll be dead by then.

I will say morgan rogers looks like a hell of a player. I agree with whatever commentator said about him during the arsenal match that he's got some jude bellingham in him. Maybe a little yaya toure too. He's just a big big man that can carry the ball and shed off defenders. Exciting looking player for them for sure

This is all pretty unsavoury. Not even specific to Villa, just the overall vibe coming from football these past few years is disgusting.

This is all pretty unsavoury. Not even specific to Villa, just the overall vibe coming from football these past few years is disgusting.

Yeah it's really poor from the club. I will not be paying for any CL match (not that I'd have had a chance anway being non-STH) and I'm afraid we've certainly moved into "consumer" mode with the fanbase now.

The club can get away with it with Emery as manager but things will quickly go up in flames if we then make another Gerrard style appointment after Unai goes.

Think back to that Covid season 3-4 years back and how hollow everything was in empty stadiums. The product was rapidly diminished and indeed many comms and pundits thought they'd be a big reset in terms of relationship between clubs and fans.

How wrong they all were but I've been shocked how quickly prices have been ramped up since that time. Now even season ticket holders are being turfed out of seats and disadvantaged as ultimately clubs want day trippers to visit who'll spend more in the club shop pre and post match rather than someone who just rocks up at 2.50pm to watch the game and then go home.

Didn’t know where to put this but the Villa page seems most appropriate.

After being seriously ill recently, seems Gary Shaw has passed away.

One of my favorite non-United players growing up and one of my favorite non-United teams.

Fast, clinical and formed a great partnership with Withe helping them win the league then the European Cup. Who knows how many caps he’d have won without the injury.

My wife’s footballing idol. We met him at a charity match about 20 years ago.. she was awestruck. He was lovely… polite, happy to chat, clearly still loved football and Villa. Still had the mop of fair hair and his smile (had to almost stop my wife drooling).

RIP

( @FootballHQ … know you’re a Villa fan)

One of my few non-United favourite players growing up. Really sad. If not for that knee-injury in the early 80s against Forest, he probably would have been playing for England and quite possible been one of Villas all-time topscorers.

The injury happened when Shaw was 22 - and he scored something like 4-5 goals for Villa afterwards. Basically his career was over before turning 23

Nice words guys.

I was born in 1989 so Gary is before my time. However I grew up five minutes walk from a place called Penns Hall Hotel and used to go there swimming when I was young and he was always in the bar/gym (more bar!) so knew my parents a little. Likes of Tony Morley and Andy Gray also used to pop in and a few prem teams used to stay there aswell (late 90s).

Would've been a huge player in the 80s if not for injury. His top level career was basically finished at 25 which was very sad given the ability and now his life has been curtailed by a fall.

Hopefully we've got something special planned to remember him for the Bayern Munich game given he started the 1982 final.

True Villa legend/icon. R.I.P.