All ticket/travel information thread - 2023/24 edition - Please be careful purchasing tickets

Wasn't able to get a ticket today, if anyone has or ends up having one single spare for Liverpool I would be eternally grateful:)

Ahh bugger, something personal came up.

If anybody has tickets for the Everton game (H) and open to selling, I would love you muchly!
Was the Everton one even on the ballot or was it first 4 home games?

Two together, ideally. I know it's a bit of an ask, I'll keep my eyes out

How did you get a good place in the queue? I Joined at half 9 but got like 54k and just let it wait for a few hours in the queue, sold out by the time I reached 9k :lol:

Dumb luck, I guess. I started with 5220 in front of me. I joined at 9:45 (4:45 am for me). Maybe they felt bad for me waking up that early.

Had to get three tickets on separate rows but they’re all one in front of the other. May see if someone would swap seats so my parents can sit beside each other. My dad may talk them to death otherwise.

If anyone is in the queue and can get the following, I will immediately buy it off you. I have the memberships and have done a few transactions on the Caf previously.

2 tickets for Fulham (H), 16 August
4 tickets (can do with 2 tickets) for Spurs (H), 29th September.

Sorry, I went back to sleep after my last post just before yours or I would’ve gotten you two for Fulham.

Our current ticketing system really leaves me in despair. How did it change so much so quickly? It was only a few years ago it all seemed so smooth. You could buy tickets easily as a member for most games apart from the big games which stayed protected for ballots. Why did it have to change so much to this money-gabbing system that's so skewed towards maximising the hospitality packages (in regular seats!)?

Our current ticketing system really leaves me in despair. How did it change so much so quickly? It was only a few years ago it all seemed so smooth. You could buy tickets easily as a member for most games apart from the big games which stayed protected for ballots. Why did it have to change so much to this money-gabbing system that's so skewed towards maximising the hospitality packages (in regular seats!)?
Those player transfer fees and wages aren't going to pay themselves! :o

Yeah Old Trafford could definitely do with a capacity upgrade..

Those player transfer fees and wages aren't going to pay themselves! :o

Yeah Old Trafford could definitely do with a capacity upgrade..

We don't need further capacity. We need a fair ticketing system that rewards loyalty.

Quite simply ticket demand has gone up massively - to see even Cup STs in demand is proof of that

Still the club could have a better system for members - maybe ballot every game

Sorry for the ignorance, but I live abroad and have never been to a Premier League match. How can I buy a ticket for this season, I'd like to go to Old Trafford to watch a game. Do I need to buy it from a seasonal ticket holder, or I can buy it from any official site?

Having been shafted twice by the terrible ticket system, I'm now on the lookout for 3 for Leicester.

If anyone has any leads then I'm all ears!

Sorry for the ignorance, but I live abroad and have never been to a Premier League match. How can I buy a ticket for this season, I'd like to go to Old Trafford to watch a game. Do I need to buy it from a seasonal ticket holder, or I can buy it from any official site?

It is extremely difficult to buy tickets directly from the website. You can try and purchase a full membership and try to buy tickets from the website. Unless you get in the queue quite early and have some luck, you can buy a regular priced ticket. Otherwise, you can buy one of the hospitality ticket (~£350 for a £50 seat) from the website, if money is no object for you.

The other option to buy a forwarding membership (£20 a season) and request an existing ST holder or member to transfer their ticket to you. It is something which happens frequently on this forum and there is a decent amount of generous people who transfer the tickets at face value. The cons of this approach is that it's difficult to plan long term and you'd mostly have to settle for (relatively) low key games or midweek games.

Finally, there is the option of external sites. Many people have successfully bought off tickets from them but there are some sketchy practices at play like sharing the details of your credit card etc. Also, it is priced at a premium.

On this note, if anyone has 2 tickets together for Fulham and is ready to pass them on, please let me know. Thank you.

There is one on the website now for Leicester for £56 or something right now. As @Nickelodeon said, it's not easy getting one from the website but I have done it several times. Quite hard to plan your trip though but if you're willing to take a chance.

Might not be quite the right place to post this but I’ll go for it anyway.

I’m likely to find myself staying in Liverpool for a period of time in the not too distant future, if I rocked up to anfield/goodison on the day of a match, would I be able to get a ticket from their ticket office to sit amongst the away fans, or would I need to go via the away teams website?

Might not be quite the right place to post this but I’ll go for it anyway.

I’m likely to find myself staying in Liverpool for a period of time in the not too distant future, if I rocked up to anfield/goodison on the day of a match, would I be able to get a ticket from their ticket office to sit amongst the away fans, or would I need to go via the away teams website?

:lol:

Will need to be via the away club. Teams like Fulham, Brentford etc are unlikely to sell out too fast so you'll probably get one on general sale.

:lol:

Will need to be via the away club. Teams like Fulham, Brentford etc are unlikely to sell out too fast so you'll probably get one on general sale.
Cheers. Looking at the Everton fixtures, not too fussed about being amongst the home fans there, no chance I’ll be doing that if I find myself turning up at anfield thought! Ideal scenario is I’ve got time to get to/from old trafford but not sure how likely that is.

Just bumping, and am well aware of the very low chances, but:

- am willing to pay well over cost price for a pair for Brighton away and Liverpool home. Traveling from Australia. Any help at all welcome.

If not, back to bump again in two weeks

Interested in a couple of tickets for Fulham on the 16th August. Please let me know if you have any

So I used to be a season ticket holder up until 2013 when we were all still using the season ticket cards. I'm hoping to get back going again now the Glazer brigade are slowly being worked out of the club.

I've purchased a membership but when I click on games coming up there are hardly any tickers available for any games and all that are available are clearly hospitality seats at over £200.

How the hell am I supposed to get tickets for matches?

Once you’re through the queue, is there a limit on how many available matches you can buy tickets for? If not, it may be feasible for people to pair up to buy tickets for each other in hopes that one member gets a better spot in the queue.

Ex: I wanted Spurs tickets and someone else wanted Fulham. We both join the queue and the better placed person, once they make it through, starts with their tickets first and then moves to the second choice tickets. Guess it requires you to trust someone on the Caf. :confused:

Looking for a single ticket for Fulham or Liverpool if anyone has any available?

Last edited:
Once you’re through the queue, is there a limit on how many available matches you can buy tickets for? If not, it may be feasible for people to pair up to buy tickets for each other in hopes that one member gets a better spot in the queue.

Ex: I wanted Spurs tickets and someone else wanted Fulham. We both join the queue and the better placed person, once they make it through, starts with their tickets first and then moves to the second choice tickets. Guess it requires you to trust someone on the Caf. :confused:
The only problem with this is how do you go about swapping the tickets with this new system. You can no longer just send over the QR code via WhatsApp as it won’t work and won’t be available until a few hours before kick off. The ticket will be tied to the phone you are registered on. I don’t think a member can transfer a ticket to another member.

The best bet is to wait until a few days before the game which is when United release the tickets returned by season ticket holders , the only problem with this is they are usually just a single ticket

The only problem with this is how do you go about swapping the tickets with this new system. You can no longer just send over the QR code via WhatsApp as it won’t work and won’t be available until a few hours before kick off. The ticket will be tied to the phone you are registered on. I don’t think a member can transfer a ticket to another member.

If you pair up before the release, you can add their memberships to your account as connections. Then you can assign the tickets to them as you purchase them. I've never tried buying tickets and not assigning one to myself though so not sure if that works.

Daily bump. I need:

2 tickets for Fulham (H), 16 August
4 tickets (can do with 2 tickets) for Spurs (H), 29th September.

Please help if either is available. All are members.

Hi there,

I'm after 3 tickets for Fulham on the 16th. Don't need seats together

Don't know if this is the right place to post it. I signed up to be a member for me and my 2 kids this year.

About 3 weeks ago I got 2 packages through, for the kids, with a water bottle, bag, pen and a ball in it. Which was great. But i'd not received anything yet, absolutely fine.. Until i've just seen this:

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/united-membership-packs-for-2024-25-revealed

No mention of water bottles or balls. So what was sent to my 2? A sign up gift bag...??

Has anybody had any experience in buying a ticket to a big game as an away game? I.e. like Arsenal?
Trying to get Everton (H) for my birthday at end of November, but if not we're looking at going to London and with Arsenal away on the 2nd Dec, that could be a good shout.

Don't know if this is the right place to post it. I signed up to be a member for me and my 2 kids this year.

About 3 weeks ago I got 2 packages through, for the kids, with a water bottle, bag, pen and a ball in it. Which was great. But i'd not received anything yet, absolutely fine.. Until i've just seen this:

https://www.manutd.com/en/news/detail/united-membership-packs-for-2024-25-revealed

No mention of water bottles or balls. So what was sent to my 2? A sign up gift bag...??
I had the same for my 10 year old, theres a tracking website for the memebership packs that shows mine as being the 23/24 pack, i would imagine thats what you will get too

the ones your kids got as did my daughter are last years packs, i rang the customer services to be told this was correct and she wouldnt be getting this years one because this is for renewing members only

To be honest im pretty pissed off with that, no where does it tell you this on the website while showing you all the stuff you get when you sign up being the newer pack

If you pair up before the release, you can add their memberships to your account as connections. Then you can assign the tickets to them as you purchase them. I've never tried buying tickets and not assigning one to myself though so not sure if that works.

It works. Or at least it worked for the Community Shield ticket. I've forwarded mine to a connection I already set up. I'm hoping that means it works for Old Trafford tickets too.