Álvaro Fernández | Benfica

So we are definitely getting a LB? Shaw can’t last the season and feck knows what’s going on with Malacia

Who the feck even cares. Just another poor ETH transfer from the Eredivisie. Even right-footed Dalot has made more of an impression at LB than Malacia has in the last two years.

He's not good enough to be relied upon as a back-up, especially for this position where the back-up is likely to play a lot due to the injuries to Shaw. I wish we'd kept Alvaro and the money we spent on Malacia instead.

Who the feck even cares. Just another poor ETH transfer from the Eredivisie. Even right-footed Dalot has made more of an impression at LB than Malacia has in the last two years.

He's not good enough to be relied upon as a back-up, especially for this position where the back-up is likely to play a lot due to the injuries to Shaw. I wish we'd kept Alvaro and the money we spent on Malacia instead.

The Malacia was fine. Cheap and still quite young but already with some experience. He had some good games and some games where he didnt look that good. Alvaro certainly hasnt shown that he is a better player than Malacia yet.

I do think we need a good back up for Shaw though. Malacia has been out for a year so who knows what his level as a player is now. Or how being out for a year will impact his fitness in the future. Too much of a risk to count on Malacia for next year but i wouldnt want Alvaro to be the back up option either.

Daft to let this level of talent leave so cheap - he should have come back in January

hopefully the sell on clause will deliver in a couple years

I just don't see it with him sorry,it's good we have a sell on clause etc but watching him play doesn't make me think he'd be a top prospect in a high end premiership team.

Not everyone is good enough to make it here, no shame in that. At least we got a fee, hopefully there's no money to come.

Never seen him constantly and whilst we sell cheap, not many that we wanted to keep, have gone on to pull up trees.

Isn't he Alvaro Carreras and not Alvaro Fernandez? Anyway apparently he's benfica's starting LB now. I think we have a buy back clause and looking at that LB spot where we Shaw and Malacia who seem to be injured forever I think it will be interesting to see how Alvaro develops, maybe we can bring him back next summer.