Obama or McCain/Democrat or Republican..you decide

• McCain

Votes: 14 7.5%
  • Obama

Votes: 173 92.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
jasonrh.gif

Personally I'd like to see Hillary v Romney...

Don't like Obama for his lefty views...

I agree with everything in your post, here.:eek:

Obama's belief in a cabinet of people with integrity and an understanding of principal is something Hillary is not saying nor capable of doing. If we recall the Clinton years in office, he had a closed door policy that infuriated much of his own staff.

Jason for Vice President '08

...he will have my vote ;)

Romney makes Bush sound genuine.........

Bush is genuine, he's a genuine idiot... he alone made America a laughing stock around the World...

If only those old grannies in Florida could tick the right box back in 2000.... :smirk:

I agree with everything in your post, here.:eek:

Obama's belief in a cabinet of people with integrity and an understanding of principal is something Hillary is not saying nor capable of doing. If we recall the Clinton years in office, he had a closed door policy that infuriated much of his own staff.

Jason for Vice President '08

Bush professes to believe in integrity and principle too, it's just that Obama is a better salesman...

So this is all over after tomorrow right?

Unlikely, unless either of them sweep it tomorrow, it's going to drag on till the remaining primaries.

If Hillary takes California, I think she'd be pretty safe.

The Republican race may very well be decided this next coming week.

The fact is that there are less and less hard-line conservatives, and their influence is waning with the average Republican.

It's really starting to look like it will be. Most of the polling reports I've seen over the last couple days have McCain with a sizable lead. On the other side I saw a repost that depending on how California goes Hillary and Obama could be withing 100 delegates of each other. That would be fun.

Unlikely, unless either of them sweep it tomorrow, it's going to drag on till the remaining primaries.

Looks like she lost California as well. There a pictures of her crying (again) in Yale.

Looks like she lost California as well. There a pictures of her crying (again) in Yale.

Don't think so, Californians received their ballot ages ago (a few weeks) and many would have voted already.

lame... can they not just flip a coin? Either way they'll get to vote for a non-white-man president.

Seems most in my office (Southern US, majority Rep voters/religious neophytes) have been conned into the "Obama is a Muslim" crap and won't vote for him based on this incorrect fact. Do these people ever check up on facts?

Seems most in my office (Southern US, majority Rep voters/religious neophytes) have been conned into the "Obama is a Muslim" crap and won't vote for him based on this incorrect fact. Do these people ever check up on facts?
Isn't there a Muslim congressman?

Obama is one hell of a salesman - he reminds me of a revival preacher, fantastic at selling hope. Very Christian too. I'm surprised fundagelicals can't see that.

I was expecting more from Obama last night to be honest.

Not knocking what he has achieved, but part of me thought the Clinton vote might collapse completely, the way things were going.

I am increasingly happy with the way things are going. McCain versus either Democratic option is a nice choice to have and whatever happens the US will be moving in the right direction by next year.

All the coverage I watch about this - from the UK and the US side, make a really big thing about it being an election of firsts - either the first black man President, or female, or the oldest President.

I have noticed that the prospect of having the first Mormon President often isnt even mentioned, though I would have thought it was at least as ground-breaking as having the oldest man in there.

Is this because people dont regard him as likely to win it? Or because having a Mormon in there wont be so significant as some of the other precedents that might be set?

Its hard for me to appraise Mormonism in some ways as all religions seem equally absurd to me.

*yawn* Stayed up till around 5ish, wanted to know the projected results for Minnesota, Connecticut, Missouri and California if any of them, before i called it a night.

Obama and McCain the clear winners in my area of interest, and Edwards' earlier withdrawal increased the margain.

So, what are your predictions on the Democratic side for the upcoming states?

We've got, Virginia, Washington DC, Texas. Others too, but they are the ones i remember being most present on the horizon. :)

Will Bloomberg run as an independent, thus saving the nation from choosing between McCain and Obama/Hillary?

Would be interesting.

That might actually cause a close 1/3 split, with him skimming off conservative Democrats and liberal Republicans.

When Perot ran the first time he was actually leading until he dropped out and then came back. Clinton ended up getting a plurality because the conservative Democrats figured out that Perot was a loon before the libertarian Republicans did.

I thought Bloomberg had decided not to run?

How about him as Hillary's VP pick, if she were to win the nomination?

*yawn* Stayed up till around 5ish, wanted to know the projected results for Minnesota, Connecticut, Missouri and California if any of them, before i called it a night.

Obama and McCain the clear winners in my area of interest, and Edwards' earlier withdrawal increased the margain.

So, what are your predictions on the Democratic side for the upcoming states?

We've got, Virginia, Washington DC, Texas. Others too, but they are the ones i remember being most present on the horizon. :)

My understanding is that Hillary is very much in the driving seat now, she has a pretty clear lead in the remaining big states like Texas an Ohio...

Also she will have many more superdelegates than Obama.

My understanding is that Hillary is very much in the driving seat now, she has a pretty clear lead in the remaining big states like Texas an Ohio...

Also she will have many more superdelegates than Obama.

True, simialr to Tuesday in that aspect.

However, there could be the fear that with the likes of Texas and Ohio not till March 4th, the Obama momentum could catch them out even in once thoght to be safe states for her. Or does the math not add up in that theory? Or you jstu flat out disagree? lol

I thought Bloomberg had decided not to run?

How about him as Hillary's VP pick, if she were to win the nomination?

Can't be done. They are both from New York and the Twelfth Amendment to the US Constitution prohibits having both the President and the Vice President from the same state.

The longer this drags on, the worse it is for Hillary since she doesn't have the cash to match Obama.

I can see Ohio going for Obama. Not sure about TX.

The longer this drags on, the worse it is for Hillary since she doesn't have the cash to match Obama.

I can see Ohio going for Obama. Not sure about TX.

it is simply a delegate race.

without superdelegates Obama is ahead after Super-Tuesday.
so if Obama or Hillary end up with the magic number needed to get a simple majority, the super delegates wont matter.

the only case I see an overide of this is if the 'big wigs' in the party decide is if they decide the candidate cannot win an election....especially when it is so close in terms of delegates as it is now....

Can't be done. They are both from New York and the Twelfth Amendment to the US Constitution prohibits having both the President and the Vice President from the same state.

Is that for residence claim or office claim, because we all know Hillary didn't "qualify" for NY senate run in reality.