U.S. Presidential Race: Official Thread

Obama or McCain/Democrat or Republican..you decide

• McCain

Votes: 14 7.5%
  • Obama

Votes: 173 92.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Bush is not a religious extremist in anyway, I doubt the man rarely goes to church and even rarer does he pray save to win some votes or some percentage points. The religious extremists are in the Middle East lets not kid ourselves

As for McCain, no as well, I dont recall anything being said about McCain and religion. That said after 5 years of torture at the Hanoi Hilton few people would believe in God; however after marrying a blonde worth a few hondo million that might have changed his tune

Bush is not a religious extremist in anyway, I doubt the man rarely goes to church and even rarer does he pray save to win some votes or some percentage points. The religious extremists are in the Middle East lets not kid ourselves

As for McCain, no as well, I dont recall anything being said about McCain and religion. That said after 5 years of torture at the Hanoi Hilton few people would believe in God; however after marrying a blonde worth a few hondo million that might have changed his tune

:confused::confused::confused:

muslim extremists are in every country, christian extremists are mostly in the west and concentrated in the US

Bush is a great man and a leader. Arguably the most misunderstood man in history along with Blair.

:confused::confused::confused:

muslim extremists are in every country, christian extremists are mostly in the west and concentrated in the US

Yeah, but to say that Bush is a Christian extremist is a bit off, a logn way off actually. Muslim extremists certainly do tend to sway more power in a couple of countries in the MIddle East something that is indisputable

Bush could come off looking good in 30 years depending how history goes from this point on, and to be fair America hasnt had any terrorist attacks against it since we went on the offensive

Atm though there is no reason that you cant slaughter him because he has made some dubious mistakes(IRAQ!!!!)

Bush could come off looking good in 30 years depending how history goes from this point on, and to be fair America hasnt had any terrorist attacks against it since we went on the offensive

thats hardly compelling logic, if anything your 'offensive' is stirring up more hatred and creating more distrust and extremism

thats hardly compelling logic, if anything your 'offensive' is stirring up more hatred and creating more distrust and extremism

Hey, I dont recall the offensive taking place prior to 9/11; after that in GWs mind it's all been fair game, not that that is right, but that's the way it. You attack the United States' two most important cities, they will fight back. As a Japanese commander said after Pearl Harbor, "We have awoken a sleeping giant" and that is just what 9/11 did. The sabre rattling began after that, son. I think these land wars have been a bad idea though too expensive not enough international support, etc. Wish we would have just sent up our B-2s that night and rocked Kabul and Baghdad then and there, that would have shown resolve

Bush could come off looking good in 30 years depending how history goes from this point on

Very true. He will look a genius when they discover Bin Laden's secret hideout was in New Orleans all along.

Hey, I dont recall the offensive taking place prior to 9/11; after that in GWs mind it's all been fair game, not that that is right, but that's the way it. You attack the United States' two most important cities, they will fight back. As a Japanese commander said after Pearl Harbor, "We have awoken a sleeping giant" and that is just what 9/11 did. The sabre rattling began after that, son. I think these land wars have been a bad idea though too expensive not enough international support, etc. Wish we would have just sent up our B-2s that night and rocked Kabul and Baghdad then and there, that would have shown resolve

and what exactly did iraq have to do with it?

As I remember 17 of the 19 involved were Saudi citizens, wouldn't it have been more appropriate to bomb Riyadh?

and what exactly did iraq have to do with it?

As I remember 17 of the 19 involved were Saudi citizens, wouldn't it have been more appropriate to bomb Riyadh?

Nothing, I am just saying that it would have been much better to do it then than in 2003 that cant be disputed

whats your problem if I was like Hargreaves just scored a winner 12 hours after it happened you would say somthing, get over it

Gee, I'm sorry if I have a life on a Friday night, and don't dive for the redcafe after a night out...;)

*also, couldn't be bothered to scroll back and read pages of the thread... I can be lazy, like that.

Gee, I'm sorry if I have a life on a Friday night, and don't dive for the redcafe after a night out...;)

*also, couldn't be bothered to scroll back and read pages of the thread... I can be lazy, like that.

I posted it at 5 pm(West Coast), and was in ER for my tonsils for 5 hours till near midnight. Went to In and Out for a burger and then the store for some 'juice' I am sorry I have nt had much to do

Quick question, is McCain another religous extemist like Bush?

:lol:

Really? Seriously?

Christain? Yes. Christian extremist? Not even close. Next time he bombs an abortion clinic let me know. Not a great president but held the office during one of the probably the five most difficult time periods this country has faced.

History will remember Bush for one thing and one thing only - using false intelligence to invade a country that had nothing to do with what he claimed it did. Furthermore, he used his knee jerk reaction to 9/11 to create a "us against them" atmosphere that ultimately did nothing to help the cause against terrorism and merely served to alienate and discredit the United States.

History will remember Bush for one thing and one thing only - using false intelligence to invade a country that had nothing to do with what he claimed it did. Furthermore, he used his knee jerk reaction to 9/11 to create a "us against them" atmosphere that ultimately did nothing to help the cause against terrorism and merely served to alienate and discredit the United States.

and spending most of the first 18 months on his ranch while his staff ignored warnings about potential terror attacks

The entire media was/is against Bush. He was portrayed as a villain for fighting against terrorism. fecking ABB media.

WHAT THE feck IS THIS!

When did you pull Dick Cheney's hand out of your backside. You've backed every move Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld has made for the past 4-5 years.

How many times have you posted things about the threat of terror?

Someone has hacked Raoul's account, that must be the answer.

wrong....its the media that allowed Bush to sell a war that we should never have got into....

....btw the war against terrorism in Afghanistan is slowly being lost because we are stuck in Iraq....

Disagree. The media has been against him since the last election. The vast majority of "news" sources here are slanted left. Some a little some a lot. The war against terrorism was always going to be faught once the twin towers went down. It was just a matter of how many countries were going to get it. And I think the war in Afganistan is having problems for many reasons not just Iraq.

I dont think the media had much to do with anything. If anything, they were excessively accommodating in allowing Bush to do whatever he wanted after 9/11 with minimal scrutiny.

I dont think the media had much to do with anything. If anything, they were excessively accommodating in allowing Bush to do whatever he wanted after 9/11 with minimal scrutiny.

For like a year....it's 2008

The war against terrorism was always going to be faught once the twin towers went down.

The 'war on terror' (whatever that means) might well have been fought, but the war on Iraq shouldn't have been.

They made the assertion, I want to see them prove it. That's how arguments work, numbskull.

If you lived in AMerica for the past 4 years you would realize how idiotic your absurd your 'ASSertion' is

Why dont you prove otherwise

Have you ever seen the documentary Jesus Camp? Its about these summer camps in the US where Christian fundamentalists indoctrinate children with all sorts of scary shit. It is one of the most disturbing films I have ever seen, precisely because all these poor kids will come out the other side as voters, who get to decide who will become "the leader of the free world".

The "religious right" eh? Youve got to love em. fecking nutters.