Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The sad thing is, because we're Manchester United and because it's becoming more and more obvious he's not favoured by the manager we'll probably only get about 16/18 million for him

I hope he plays his was back into Fergie's plans as he can produce genius level football if not consistency

What's the chances that Fergie took Nani aside and told him what he'd say to the media - as a means of taking pressure off wooton?

I need time off the caf I think. How anyone can say he had a poor game yesterday is beyond me. He had his not so good moments ok, but his link up play was very good at times, especially with Anderson and Hernandez. He helped out defensively and scored a cracker. Yes he had a stupid moment at the end, but tried his best to make up for it.
On the other hand Young's performance was deemed as very good from most on here, when he actually looked nothing but ordinary. I'm not even getting started with Valencia.
Do I miss something or is it that some actually try to convince themselves that he is not all that now that he looks to be sold.

Could be me as well though. I always get behind him more when he gets stick, it was the same when he joined us and many wrote him off already. I then see more of the positive things he does.

Obviously we're at crossroads with him. His contract has a year and a half to go, and he - apparently - wants the sort of wages that validate the performance level he can reach, but not the level he's normally at. Something will have to give.

There won't be many clubs that will pay him the kind of wages he asks for anyway (if the rumoured 130k are true).
The plastic clubs have no need for him, so if he really demands that much money he will have to go to clubs in China or Russia.

Just stay with us you fecker.

Really? A lot of players do that though, last night he ran over to the crowd (I think?). Pretty much what Hernandez did on Sunday.

Yeah but Hernandez might run off to the crowd and do his thing but then he'll celebrate with the other players, Nani really doesn't seem to do that. Like for his goal yest it would have been nice to see him thank Ando in some way, maybe he did off camera, but whenever I see him score he is very individualistic. It's not a big deal but I think it contributes to his image.

Yeah but Hernandez might run off to the crowd and do his thing but then he'll celebrate with the other players, Nani really doesn't seem to do that. Like for his goal yest it would have been nice to see him thank Ando in some way, maybe he did off camera, but whenever I see him score he is very individualistic. It's not a big deal but I think it contributes to his image.

Yeah but cmon is that really annyoing you? Ronnie always did that. He even celebrated like that for an assist :lol:

There won't be many clubs that will pay him the kind of wages he asks for anyway (if the rumoured 130k are true).
The plastic clubs have no need for him, so if he really demands that much money he will have to go to clubs in China or Russia.

If it is £130K it's not really crazy money, assuming Rooney/RVP are around the £200K mark which is pretty much the going rate for the star players. From or not Nani is producing/scoring around 20+ goals a season and is now approaching his peak, where he should at the minimum maintain that and likely get better. Personally I would say that's about fair.

Showed his class last night. When he's on form he's a very important player for us.

Interesting that Fergie criticised him for their crucial last gasp equaliser. Fergie's is very calculating with his comments, especially about individual players, and that spoke volumes for me - he clearly isnt happy with Nani - presumably about him not sighing a new contract

I seriously hope they can patch things up, and get him playing regularly again :(

Yeah but cmon is that really annyoing you? Ronnie always did that. He even celebrated like that for an assist :lol:

Yeah I'm not saying it's a big deal I just think it contributes to his image, commentators pick up on it etc and I think it has an impact. Also Ronaldo although I think he was better at praising others, is hardly seen as a positive player in comparison to someone like Messi, difference is few question Ronaldo because he's one of the best in the world.

Nani can be amazing, I think if he is for sale there will be a buyer.

His goal was fantastic picked up the ball in his own half, flicked the ball past Bertrand and feinted past Romeu, then the finish was pure class later on in the move. He needs to do that more often though, so much talent.

130k isnt a lot specially considering his undoubted quality and age. With his contract situation, he'l go on the cheap which puts him in an even better position as far as wages are concerned.

If he goes, i hope its outside England. Dont want him staying here.

Maybe - he only made 70 or so appearences in 4 years at Madrid but was prolific, but I still think his best days were at United. And the team improved as a result of losing him so it was perhaps the right time to move him on.

My point was largely that there are few players who leave who the average fan would look back ono and think we'd have been better served if he'd stayed.

130k isnt a lot specially considering his undoubted quality and age. With his contract situation, he'l go on the cheap which puts him in an even better position as far as wages are concerned.

If he goes, i hope its outside England. Dont want him staying here.

My concern is that fact that despite the fact he's playing for his future, his form hasn't improved. You see a lot of players play well then once they get a new contract - their form dissapears.

You can see why Fergie may want to ship him out. The pressure's on now and its time for him to consistenly produce. Hopefully he does and becomes the player he clearly has the ability to be.

If he goes can't see any club in the PL who would pay him what he wants. If he goes he'll end up in Italy or Russia is my bet.

My concern is that fact that despite the fact he's playing for his future, his form hasn't improved. You see a lot of players play well then once they get a new contract - their form dissapears.

You can see why Fergie may want to ship him out. The pressure's on now and its time for him to consistenly produce. Hopefully he does and becomes the player he clearly has the ability to be.

If he goes can't see any club in the PL who would pay him what he wants. If he goes he'll end up in Italy or Russia is my bet.

Him being out of form isnt something i agree with. I thought he was good yesterday too.

I dont think he'l need to move to Russia, clubs in Spain would be in for him i reckon.

His performances in recent starts have been much better than at the beginning of the season, so he has improved, he's just not at his best.

We have no other player in our squad who can score a goal like that. He's definitely our most exciting player to watch, for me anyway, I think that's why I like him so much.

Unfortunately there is a thin line between "exciting" and "frustrating" when he's off form.

Really? I think you underestimate the talent in our squad. Rooney has dinked it over the keeper many times.

I dont think he'l need to move to Russia, clubs in Spain would be in for him i reckon.

I don't know about Spain. I can't see clubs being able to afford him beyond Real, Barcelona and maybe Atletico. And I can't see him wanting to go to any team other than the big two.

Really? I think you underestimate the talent in our squad. Rooney has dinked it over the keeper many times.

There was far more to that goal than the dink, Summit. He carried it from within our half.

I don't know about Spain. I can't see clubs being able to afford him beyond Real, Barcelona and maybe Atletico. And I can't see him wanting to go to any team other than the big two.

I think Athletico would be a good shout actually. he would run riot with Falcao.

I don't think it will take much to get him. And plenty of clubs give big wages.

I wouldnt be surprised if Real came in for him if am honest. With Falcao seemingly set to leave, Atletico will have funds too. Even in England, Spurs can afford him easily but whether we'd sell to them is another matter.

How did it work out?

in disappointment.

Nani is a fantastic talent, he is a match winner and he plays with so much passion and bite. Whatever people believe, he has been one of our key players for years and I hope he has the attitude to fight for his place, and earn his salary.

There was far more to that goal than the dink, Summit. He carried it from within our half.

Then I turn your attention to the goal Rooney scored against Bolton and the one he scored at Wembley in the champions league final against Barcelona. If you are implying that other people in our squad are not able to put together one, two passes with an end result, then you are mistaken mate.

PSG could buy him and stick him on the right

They could but i dont think he'd need the russians or PSG to come in for him to get a good club. The fact that the fee will be less will work to his advantage.

Then I turn your attention to the goal Rooney scored against Bolton and the one he scored at Wembley in the champions league final against Barcelona. If you are implying that other people in our squad are not able to put together one, two passes with an end result, then you are mistaken mate.

:lol: you're clearly missing what cina is saying then.

I thought he plays on the left

I have no idea, only seen him on the Right for brazil.
PSG seem to have plenty on the left Neni, lavezzi? (Although i have never watched psg)Also i cant see lucas in the swuad on their official site

Him being out of form isnt something i agree with. I thought he was good yesterday too.

I personally think its more about him stepping up a gear in terms of the regularity of his performances. The thing with talented players is that more is expected of them week in week out. Probably slightly unfair because more limited players get away with solid games.

He's struggled for consistency over his career at United and that frustrates, and it seems he's not getting "more" consistent despite getting older. The question for the club is whether they're preapred to accept that and pay him what he wants, or choose to invest that money elsewhere.

As for going to Spain I'm sure plenty of teams would love him - arguably on Real Madrid and Barca could afford him on a £100k plus salary and I don't think either would want him.

Rooney would never have gotten from our own half (where Nani started, beating two men) to the position to play the one-two with Anderson in the first place.

Fair enough. So what you really were saying was that no one in our squad can dribble like him, because I think we can agree that there are other people in the squad that can score that type of goal.

Fair enough. So what you really were saying was that no one in our squad can dribble like him, because I think we can agree that there are other people in the squad that can score that type of goal.

A goal isn't just the finish, it started when he took the ball in our own half.

Unless Maradona's wonder goal is actually a "pretty decent goal that most good strikers can do by rounding the keeper"?

Seriously, give it up.

A goal isn't just the finish, it started when he took the ball in our own half.

Unless Maradona's wonder goal is actually a "pretty decent goal that most good strikers can do by rounding the keeper"?

Seriously, give it up.

Eh? Maradonna carried the ball his whole self and scored. The goal last night started by Nani in our own half, then the ball went out to Herandez, who tried to thread a pass into the box, but was blocked by the defender, only to then pass to Nani, then Nani did his one, two and scored.

I can't believe you are comparing the two goals tbh, completely different on so many levels.:lol:

I personally think its more about him stepping up a gear in terms of the regularity of his performances. The thing with talented players is that more is expected of them week in week out. Probably slightly unfair because more limited players get away with solid games.

He's struggled for consistency over his career at United and that frustrates, and it seems he's not getting "more" consistent despite getting older. The question for the club is whether they're preapred to accept that and pay him what he wants, or choose to invest that money elsewhere.

As for going to Spain I'm sure plenty of teams would love him - arguably on Real Madrid and Barca could afford him on a £100k plus salary and I don't think either would want him.

His consistency was very good for a lengthy span of almost 2 seasons. It has dipped though since last season, i agree. He needs to pick it up but then with him now sidelined because of the contract issue, he isnt going to become consistent without playing.

Regarding the big 2 in Spain, i agree on Barca not wanting him, they have enough attacking talent. I do think Real might be in for him though specially if they can get rid of Kaka. He'd suit them and give them chance to rotate that front 4.

Nani would be a phenomenal player if he had a half decent football brain.

I'm not comparing them, it was an example.

Summit, you're talking as if his goal was basically just a dink over the keeper, which is bullshit to the extreme. You just described the full goal there anyway (although still underrating it), kinda proving my point.

For the record, I don't really think Rooney is capable of the run Nani did when he got the ball off Anderson, to actually get in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.