Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
the goal was great but feck nani he just doesn't look like hes fit head wise he's lost it

The sad part is Brwned that that form/consistency also comes in flashes. Plus, a almost 26 year old player, who has been with the team for so many years should really have the brains and knowledge to gauge a match situation and know how to close it out. This aspect of his game (or personality) always has and always will hold him down. These things should have come with maturity and experience but seem to elude Nani's game. This is not the first time he has been guilty of this. As human beings we all make mistakes, it is out right to make them. But we also need to learn from them. Those of who don't learn are usually left behind.

Fletch is one of my favorite players, though I know he has limited talent. If you saw him today, he was guiding and helping the two young center backs through out the game. That's what experience should do to you as a player. With all your talent, younger players should be able to look up to you and learn from you even if you don't have the leadership qualities to guide them.

Oh I think you got me wrong. If we are only going to use him this way then I hope for him that he leaves. A back up for those 2? He's better than that. What I still hope is that he stays and plays a big part again.

Is he? When will we see that consistently tho?

I think my main concern is.... every player will have bad days, bad games especially wingers because they are expected to beat a man and deliver quality balls to the striker which obviously wont happen all the time..... so the main rule and what ive always believed is when things are not going well just get your head down work hard and DO THE SIMPLE THINGS, as in nani's case laying off simple passes, putting the ball in the box early but he refuses to alter his game. Instead of doing the simple things he just does the same old crap trying to do it all himself.

Argh! You lot can be really frustrating at times. In the same interview, acknowledged Nani's ability to beat players. Ferguson is protecting Wooton as it was a pretty rash challenge and he's also saying Nani should have done better in that situation. I dont doubt for a second Fergie would have said those words even if there was no contract issue. He's simply disappointed an experienced player didn't handle the situation better.

In fact, some of you just have really short memories. He's criticized Nani openly before. Nothing new in my eyes. Just as bad as the media and you know who you are. You just wont admit it. Shape up and use some fecking perspective. Any time we talk about Nani, we can't seem to have an ounce of accuracy.

I'm not defending him but he had no out ball as Chico was offside and he had Chelsea defenders all around him. Should have just turned around and passed. Furthermore, we still needed to defend and just couldn't hold on.

The sad part is Brwned that that form/consistency also comes in flashes. Plus, a almost 26 year old player, who has been with the team for so many years should really have the brains and knowledge to gauge a match situation and know how to close it out. This aspect of his game (or personality) always has and always will hold him down. These things should have come with maturity and experience but seem to elude Nani's game. This is not the first time he has been guilty of this. As human beings we all make mistakes, it is out right to make them. But we also need to learn from them. Those of who don't learn are usually left behind.

Fletch is one of my favorite players, though I know he has limited talent. If you saw him today, he was guiding and helping the two young center backs through out the game. That's what experience should do to you as a player. With all your talent, younger players should be able to look up to you and learn from you even if you don't have the leadership qualities to guide them.

Do you remember Giggs at Anfield a few years ago? When we lost 2-1 because he was fannying about near our goal and Mascherano nicked it off him and they scored? These things happen, even the most experienced of players make bad mistakes.

Do you remember Giggs at Anfield a few years ago? When we lost 2-1 because he was fannying about near our goal and Mascherano nicked it off him and they scored? These things happen, even the most experienced of players make bad mistakes.

Very good point.

I really don't think it was as stupid as some (including SAF) are making out as it wasn't like he tried to pull out some daft trick or something, and it wasn't like he didn't chase the ball down after, he did, and he actually got a block on it. From there Chelsea started again.

Obviously in hindsight it was a poor decision, but our defending was the main problem, just as it was for most of the evening.

If we can replace him with someone dynamic, I'm fine with him leaving. He's very good, but he's too inconsistent and often stupid. I wanted him to stay until the story about him having a bust-up with Petrucci. Now I'm not bothered. It doesn't help that he's played like crap all season.

Nice of Fergie to come out and say that in public. Really nice, he lost the ball just outside of the Chelsea box, they still had to get up the pitch and create the opening, feck sake. Nani can do no right, but then if we played Evans instead of one of the 2 young inexperienced defenders then we would have won.

Nice of Fergie to come out and say that in public. Really nice, he lost the ball just outside of the Chelsea box, they still had to get up the pitch and create the opening, feck sake. Nani can do no right, but then if we played Evans instead of one of the 2 young inexperienced defenders then we would have won.

Maybe he wants Nani to realise that he isn't the dog's bollocks and it's not about being the most talented- its about doing the right things at the right times.

So we risk an injury to Evans just ahead of playing Arsenal to win a game that we would have won if Nani had held onto the ball? ok

He's really talented footballer. I just can't see how a Capital Cup game against Chelsea's almost first squad can give straight answer if should he stay or go... but to be honest, Fergie destroyed him a bit, in a post match interview.

What exactly did SAF say? I went to watch the match with my old man and he turned the tv off in a strop as soon as the whistle went.

Maybe he wants Nani to realise that he isn't the dog's bollocks and it's not about being the most talented- its about doing the right things at the right times.

So we risk an injury to Evans just ahead of playing Arsenal to win a game that we would have won if Nani had held onto the ball? ok

So it's Nani's fault we couldn't defend from over 80 yards away from goal then. Okay

He lost the ball, he also had no options around him, shit happens. Apart from that, he had a decent game tonight and showed his class in patches. I love though how he's fast becoming the scapegoat for our inability to keep Chelsea out for 10 more seconds.

So it's Nani's fault we couldn't defend from over 80 yards away from goal then. Okay

He lost the ball, he also had no options around him, shit happens. Apart from that, he had a decent game tonight and showed his class in patches. I love though how he's fast becoming the scapegoat for our inability to keep Chelsea out for 10 more seconds.

He got himself in that situation. That's the problem.

He got himself in that situation. That's the problem.

He also tracked back and tried to redeem himself, there were plenty of chances to stop that whole attack from happening. Nani giving the ball away 80 yards from our goal was only a part of that.

What exactly did SAF say? I went to watch the match with my old man and he turned the tv off in a strop as soon as the whistle went.

He blamed your old man for turning the tv off...

He said straight that it was Nani's fault about not keeping the ball. It was not only what he said but how he said it... his face was in the 'pissed off' mode and he doesn't do that too often.

I guess, everything is up to Nani, now and how he'll respond to his little adventure in the Capital Cup... Some solid performances in the future, would be a perfect answer.

The fact we were competitive with them without playing either of our fit 1st team centrebacks shows it was the right call to play them.

It's not only Nani's fault we lost- there are plenty of moments in matches that are decisive, but if he'd held onto the ball we'd have won. He has a responsibility to the team, and he needs to remember that.

Gutted Nani looks to be on the way out, don't agree with blaming him for the goal, if that's how we approach pinning the blame then you have to look at Hernandez for being offside just prior to the goal too. At the end of the day there was a lot of football played between Nani losing the ball and the penalty

Poor from Fergie. Nani is a confidence player and someone we will more than likely need to be on form given the injury proneness of young and valencia in recent times

Poor from Fergie. Nani is a confidence player and someone we will more than likely need to be on form given the injury proneness of young and valencia in recent times

Really Fergie should know this, he's dealt with players like him all his career. He's still arguable the best winger in the league and today kind of should it. Would rather him on our team sheet than Mata or Hazard.

hold on with this arguable best winger in the league...he has not looked that in almost a year went missing after Jan this year and hasn't come back.....

Only seen the highlights so can't comment on the losing the ball stuff. But a nice finish for his goal. He seems to like that little chip over the keeper as its not the first time he has got a goal like that.

Not in a million years

If we had the chance to swap him for Hazard I would drag Nani down to London myself.

I rate Nani pretty highly- frustrating and selfish player but a very good talent- Hazard is the real deal, as is Oscar- Mata is also very talented.

Chelsea are going to be ridiculous when they sign a Striker who can score.

I think that he is definitely out of the club. I don't remember last time Fergie criticized his players.

“All we needed to do was see the game out and keep possession. Nani decided to try and beat a man and lost the ball, and then it was a penalty kick. I don’t know if it was a penalty kick or not. I think at that point our young players started to feel it and it was very difficult in extra time.

“Nani is experienced, he’s an individual, he’s a player who wants to beat men and we are not going to discourage that but in that situation if he had kept the ball in the corner flag, the game’s over.”

It looks like SAF doesn't want him anymore here, which is sad cause IMO, he is our best winger.

If we had the chance to swap him for Hazard I would drag Nani down to London myself.

I rate Nani pretty highly- frustrating and selfish player but a very good talent- Hazard is the real deal, as is Oscar- Mata is also very talented.

Chelsea are going to be ridiculous when they sign a Striker who can score.

Definitely. Hazard has a much higher ceiling than Nani. Also he is very unselfish.

About the striker part, well if they sign Falcao, other teams will be in a lot of trouble.

Wow, Can't believe that he mentioned Nani he normally backs the players up. He really doesn't give a shit this season and wants to win everything you can tell. His face was so fecking angry he isn't taking shit anymore.

Definitely. Hazard has a much higher ceiling than Nani. Also he is very unselfish.

About the striker part, well if they sign Falcao, other teams will be in a lot of trouble.

Yep. They could embarrass a lot of teams if they sign him.

Hazard though.. the vision on that player. It's rare for any player to have that quality and Chelsea have two. Him and Oscar are going to ruin people's lives. Mata is also very good, and is in form but those two are just potential BPITWs once Messi and Ronaldo get bored of being so good.

Nani can be as good or better than Mata if he plays to his best, but the sky is the limit for Hazard and Oscar.

I think that he is definitely out of the club. I don't remember last time Fergie criticized his players.

“All we needed to do was see the game out and keep possession. Nani decided to try and beat a man and lost the ball, and then it was a penalty kick. I don’t know if it was a penalty kick or not. I think at that point our young players started to feel it and it was very difficult in extra time.

“Nani is experienced, he’s an individual, he’s a player who wants to beat men and we are not going to discourage that but in that situation if he had kept the ball in the corner flag, the game’s over.”

Fergie should get over himself. Very poor form. Nani's game falls and raises with his confidence and comments like this aren't going to do Nani's confidence any good.

Nani will be sorely missed and what is even worse, he's probably doing the right thing by leaving. It pains me to say it, but Manchester United never got Nani. On his day, he's simply awesome and absolutely spectacular but with Fergie treating him appallingly, his development is bound to stall.

Fergie is spot on here. Nani had an ok game overall to that point and then he just had a brainfart.

Unbelievable from fergie. Guess he really does want him gone. Hernandez was offside when the ball got headed back from our box and we could have got the ball if he had managed to stay on back but let's blame Nani for losing the ball earlier.

Just saw the interview. Can't see nani sticking around much longer. He's been good for us but I can't honestly say if he does go I'd miss him. Still can't quite forget when against WH he fouled that guy then threw himself to the ground as if shot. Despicable.

Seemed to me that something like this has been coming for a while, issues behind the scenes have let the pressure build, I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.