Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I heard it and I think SAF is being silly too, Nani might try taking to the corner there and also get dispossessed considering how many Chelsea players were around. The problem there was the defending, but SAF aint gonna start blaming the shitness of Wooton is he?

Nani should have taken it in to the corner or passed it off end of.

As for your your Wooton comment, well thats just simply retarded, hes 20 years old playing centre back away against the european champs..... i thought he did well bar his header back. also keane was exceptional

I missed Fergies interview. Did he blame nani?

Edit: he did.

SAF: "All we needed to do was keep the ball and Nani decided to try and beat a player. Then, a penalty kick. He should've kept the ball"

Pretty much, yeah.

EDIT: From the Beeb

Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson: "Nani tried to beat a player, lost the ball and we've got a penalty against us. I don't know if it was a penalty or not but at that point think the young players started to feel it. If you are winning 3-2 in the final seconds of the game then you should see it out. Nani is an individual. He wants to beat men and we are not going to discourage that. Some of our football was terrific. Ryan Giggs played the full game and he is 39 next month. He is an example to all the players on that pitch, including the Chelsea players."

I heard it and I think SAF is being silly too, Nani might try taking to the corner there and also get dispossessed considering how many Chelsea players were around. The problem there was the defending, but SAF aint gonna start blaming the shitness of Wooton is he?

Wooton was unlucky and found himself in a difficult position, Nani on the other hand was in control but simply made another poor decision. Even when he's not in form he refuses to play the easy ball/make the sensible decision...just why?

That's true.

Obviously though SAF would not want to blame any youngsters and Nani was a senior player out there so it made sense, still, it's really rare that he blames players individually in the media anyway like that.

Agree, it is rare that he singles a player out in the interview. I think it was more to deflect blame from the young lads, especially Wootton.

As you say Nani was one of our senior players out there and should have done a lot better.

Nani should have taken it in to the corner or passed it off end of.

I agree, but we have no idea what would've happened from there. As I said, he could have been dispossessed taking it to the corner too.

Like Keane told the Irish, "don't blame Henry, just defend the fecking ball".

As for your your Wooton comment, well thats just simply retarded, hes 20 years old playing centre back away against the european champs.....

You did think that was shit on the 2nd pen? I did, incredibly naive, shit.

I thought he did well bar his header back. also keane was exceptional

Me too.

Fergie rarely blames his players in public so this isn't too positive.

It was a bit bizarre the way he singled him out without much prodding from the interviewer. Seems like Ferigie's lost all patience when it comes to Nani.

I missed Fergies interview. Did he blame nani?

Edit: he did.

SAF: "All we needed to do was keep the ball and Nani decided to try and beat a player. Then, a penalty kick. He should've kept the ball"

If this ain't final nail in the coffin, I don't know what is. ;)

Wooton was unlucky and found himself in a difficult position, Nani on the other hand was in control but simply made another poor decision. Even when he's not in form he refuses to play the easy ball/make the sensible decision...just why?

Well if he didn't score the two goals we wouldn't have been 3-2 up.. So take it either way and get of the guys back.

Looked pretty on form today tbh, more than any other winger we have without a doubt. Silly decision though I agree

It was a bit bizarre the way he singled him out without much prodding from the interviewer. Seems like Ferigie's lost all patience when it comes to Nani.

Yeah it was completely unprovoked. Surprised the guy didn't press Fergie more after that, it was the first thing he said!

Ridiculous from Sir Alex, blaming your player publicly is just needless.

Don't want to see Nani go, but it's inevitable now. You just know we are going to sell him on the cheap. We rarely get a good price for our players(apart from Ronaldo of course).

Ridiculous from Sir Alex, blaming your player publicly is just needless.

Seems that there's an agenda there.

Fergie must get as frustrated as the rest of us.

Sell.him and rely solely on val and young as our wingers? getting someone great in in jan is pretty unlikely no? I don't like the idea of him leaving at all

Well he contract is nearly up so.... im not hopeful. but i think its best if he did leave

Why?

I mean I can understand that people don't like him as much as I do, but I don't get why you'd actually think it'd be good that a player of his quality left. It's very strange.

Ya you may be right, i reckon keep him till the summer as back up to those two. Welbeck and kagawa can also play wide

Oh I think you got me wrong. If we are only going to use him this way then I hope for him that he leaves. A back up for those 2? He's better than that. What I still hope is that he stays and plays a big part again.

Looked pretty on form today tbh, more than any other winger we have without a doubt. Silly decision though I agree

You think so? I thought he had 3 or 4 pieces of wonderful play and every now and then he'd instigate some nice interplay but other than that he was pretty terrible. We see things completely differently when it comes to wingers because I don't think he was any better than Valencia or Young. It did remind me that this would be a terrible, terrible time to lose him because with the likes of Cleverley, Kagawa and Welbeck establishing themselves there's real potential for a different style of play based around those short passing exchanges that they do so well and I think Nani is probably the best in our team at initiating them. Well him and Kagawa. And despite what all the critics/moaners say, when he's in form he'll do that consistently throughout the game rather than in flashes.

You think so? I thought he had 3 or 4 pieces of wonderful play and every now and then he'd instigate some nice interplay but other than that he was pretty terrible. We see things completely differently when it comes to wingers because I don't think he was any better than Valencia or Young. It did remind me that this would be a terrible, terrible time to lose him because with the likes of Cleverley, Kagawa and Welbeck establishing themselves there's real potential for a different style of play based around those short passing exchanges that they do so well and I think Nani is probably the best in our team at initiating them. Well him and Kagawa. And despite what all the critics/moaners say, when he's in form he'll do that consistently throughout the game rather than in flashes.

Really can't think of those terrible moments he had apart from his brainfeck at the end. And yeah I think he's doing better than young or val atm as they look totally ordinary atm. Agree with the rest though.

It frustrates the hell out of me because he's such a talented player who can be unplayable on his day.

But he just grates on my last nerve. All you had to do was take the ball to the fecking corner flag!

His goal was superb and I thought he would be buzzing since then but everything he did afterwards was diabolical. Shocking stuff.

He was a bit up and down tonight. As for not taking the ball into the corner, yeah he probably should have had the experience to know the right thing to do there but plenty of players made mistakes on that one. Right beforehand Chicharito lazily allowed himself to be caught offside and robbed us of a decent out ball. These things happen.

Agree, it is rare that he singles a player out in the interview. I think it was more to deflect blame from the young lads, especially Wootton.

As you say Nani was one of our senior players out there and should have done a lot better.

You can see this working with more mature senior players (Rio, Vidic, Scholes, Giggs, Evra, Carrick, etc) but I can't see this being anything but negative for Nani, especially in his current form/contract issues.

He was a bit up and down tonight. As for not taking the ball into the corner, yeah he probably should have had the experience to know the right thing to do there but plenty of players made mistakes on that one. Right beforehand Chicharito lazily allowed himself to be caught offside and robbed us of a decent out ball. These things happen.

Completely agree Brophs.

As I said earlier, Keane would blame the defending, not someone losing the ball 80 yards up the pitch.

Status
Not open for further replies.