Luis Nani | 2012/13 Performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought he was poor apart from a small spell. One of our senior players out there against a second choice full back, you expect better.

He tried to do too much on his own at times. You can also pick holes in his tracking back and letting his man pass him by far too many times.

But the glimpses he showed was Nani at his best.

Like I say, he needs to cop on sign a contract and put his head down.

Like all of our wingers, he's still obviously not in form, but feck me, what a goal. With more game time (which will only come by signing a deal), he'll find better form and produce more of that magic.

People blaming him for the equaliser are just being silly by the way.

Like all of our wingers, he's still obviously not in form, but feck me, what a goal. With more game time (which will only come by signing a deal), he'll find better form and produce more of that magic.

Silliness, in the Nani thread? No chance!

There is no other player in our team capable of a goal like that.

Hardly played in the past few weeks, and he scores a goal like that, linked up with others, and was very very good in the first 25mins.

Few wayward passes - but you know what, everybody on the pitch did that tonight.

Sign the contract man! Players like him need to be playing 90 minutes every week, not warming the bloody bench!

Aargh. That goal. And then the rest of his play.

The people who say the people who say he's infuriating are talking about 2008 Nani just don't see it.

That sentence could probably do with a second draft, but feck it.

Thought he did well pretty much all game. People all here have been crying out for Nani to "play it safer", which he did for the most part tonight, bar the end goal. No rash shots or stupid decisions, kept the ball well, passed well, scored a great goal and created a few chances too.

What more could you want after not starting a game for 3 weeks?

That's a good point....there was obviously a bit of pressure on him after all the speculation but he showed his class. Some of his touches were typically stunning and for the most part his distribution was tidy and not reckless. His little spat with Oscar showed he retains his intensity.

There will always be criticism aimed at him but tonight he was one of our plusses, and he has given Ferguson reason to include him at the weekend. Although I don't think he will start on Saturday.

For the record, I don't think he was great tonight by any means, but he hasn't played a game in 3 weeks, and given his current situation I do think he put in a decent shift, but there were frustrating moments in there too, and after 70 minutes he disappeared.

Oh, and those blaming him for the goal and eventual defeat are idiots, quite frankly.

when we were 4-3 down, I looked to one man, and one man only to get us back into it.
That was Nani.

Not enough good work from him tonight. Chelsea had more big players out there and we needed ours to match and exceed their efforts. When he got it right, he was brilliant but overall, that sharpness isn't quite there. Probably because he hasn't played enough games to get into a rhythm. But in our squad you need to take your chances when they come.

Not sure why people are blaming him for Wooton conceding that pen though. That's just silly.

Oh, and those blaming him for the goal and eventual defeat are idiots, quite frankly.
Nobody is doing this.

You have to admit it was stupid, that's what we're saying.

Nani - he just can't stop to surprise me. He did it actually twice today...

Scored a wonderful finish but was atrocious for the rest of the match. His stupidity gave Chelsea the ball back and ultimately cost us the match, and then he offered nothing in extra time.

He needed to be one of the first teamers showing the youngsters how it's done; he's supposedly in his prime surrounded by kids and a forty year-old Giggs. Instead he was one of the worst players out there.

Nobody is doing this.

You have to admit it was stupid, that's what we're saying.

Nani - he just can't stop to surprise me. He did it actually twice today...

Someone did in the post match thread, a few hinted at it on the previous page.

Of course it was stupid.

Chelsea had more big players out there and we needed ours to match and exceed their efforts

Exactly.

Chelsea had Mata, Oscar & Hazard out there moving all over the shop and offering so many options.

Nani had 2 men covering him every time he got the ball and very limited options, especially once Ando had gone off.

I swear some of you don't understand football at all.

Exactly.

Chelsea had Mata, Oscar & Hazard out there moving all over the shop and offering so many options.

Nani had 2 men covering him every time he got the ball and very limited options, especially once Ando had gone off.

I swear some of you don't understand football at all.

Yup, I noticed he was doubled up on a lot out there, unsurprising considering he was the only winger in a team famed for using wingers.

I don't know, to be honest I don't think Nani in his heart of hearts wants to be here right now. His tracking back of Bertrand was awful at times.

Well SAF blames him anyway :lol:

He sounds unhappy with him, you have to think he's gone. It's very, very rare that he criticises our players openly.

He just said he should have kept it in the corner. You guys are like the media

"Nani's experienced but he's an individual. He likes to beat men and we're not going to discourage him from that, but if he'd taken to the corner and wasted some time that's the game won"

Silly silly silly.

To be fair he did express his disappointment but when pressed on it by the interviewer he said something like "He likes to beat a player and we certainly wouldn't want to take that out of his game"

SAF obviously wasn't happy but I wouldn't look at those comments as a sign that he is off.

I think we should say goodbye to Nani.

SAF: "All we needed to do was keep the ball and Nani decided to try and beat a player. Then, a penalty kick. He should've kept the ball"

"Nani's experienced but he's an individual. He likes to beat men and we're not going to discourage him from that, but if he'd taken to the corner and wasted some time that's the game won"

Silly silly silly.

I heard it and I think SAF is being silly too, Nani might try taking to the corner there and also get dispossessed considering how many Chelsea players were around. The problem there was the defending, but SAF aint gonna start blaming the shitness of Wooton is he?

To be fair he did express his disappointment but when pressed on it by the interviewer he said something like "He likes to beat a player and we certainly wouldn't want to take that out of his game"

SAF obviously wasn't happy but I wouldn't look at those comments as a sign that he is off.

That's true.

Obviously though SAF would not want to blame any youngsters and Nani was a senior player out there so it made sense, still, it's really rare that he blames players individually in the media anyway like that.

SAF's bang on of course, Wootton will get a bit of leeway because he's inexperience.

Status
Not open for further replies.