Gaming Gran Turismo 5

What's your username?

I'm deliberating whether to get a wheel or not....does it really make that much of a difference? I've only ever played GT with controllers.

It makes a world of difference Elvis, not only to your enjoyment of the game but to your average lap times too. Takes a while to get used to but well worth the investment imo.

It's a must purchase I think with GT5 on the horizon and the rather impressive looking F1 2010 out on Friday too.

Get one, or I'll kick your ass on Trial Mountain without breaking a sweat :D

If theres going to be some RedCafe online play here, then I'm in! I will suck, but I'm still in :D

If theres going to be some RedCafe online play here, then I'm in! I will suck, but I'm still in :D

Don't tell Weaste you will suck, he'll fly you out to Spain tomorrow.

But the bet was that we use Dualshock only, that was the bet. The Time Trial demo showed the controller each person was using, and I'd expect GT5 to do the same.

Ah I see, well then let the bet commence! Or rather, let it commence in 6 weeks.

When you use a wheel.. how do you sit? Is it useable in the sofa, having the wheel on the table? I'm tempted although I've never used one.

I've got a little wooden dinner tray type table and a slightly reclined camping chair. Perfect height and spacing for my long legs and the angle of my T.V. I've never bought a gaming chair, for that reason!

front.jpg

How about one of these? Will the angle be wrong for the pedals?

front.jpg

How about one of these? Will the angle be wrong for the pedals?

I've no idea, but in reality you'd have to try before you buy.

Having said that, it depends how serious you are with driving games. I take mine very seriously, and have to be in the bang right position, otherwise I play like shit. Probably a touch of the OCD's :lol:

I've no idea, but in reality you'd have to try before you buy.

Having said that, it depends how serious you are with driving games. I take mine very seriously, and have to be in the bang right position, otherwise I play like shit. Probably a touch of the OCD's :lol:

I have to have the right "feeling" when I drive, yeah. Wouldn't consider myself a serious gamer though.

Not if you elevate the pedals at an angle, in fact you would get a pretty realistic open wheeler seating position with that.

Just thought of that myself. I might get myself that chair and the Logitech DFGT wheel. Got my 46" screen the other day, getting a PS3 in a few days, just annoyed that I have to wait for the game now :lol:

One thing you notice later in that video is that the inside cockpit view is so much better on GT5 than FM3 as you've got more visibility.

One thing you notice later in that video is that the inside cockpit view is so much better on GT5 than FM3 as you've got more visibility.

You can alter that on forza, the camera is just too far back. If you go to settings you can move it forward.

GT car models are amazing, but the contrast seems out on GT making the backgrounds cartoony, and look lower rez with less detailed than Forza.

Both look amazing overall to be fair though, I just hope GT handles well and is on the sim side.

I'm sure it will be a stunning game.

It's not a good comparison, Forza is likely to be direct grabs, GT5 there is definately off screen. And why is it all squashed to feck?

Also, don't forget, GT5 is pushing at least 50% more pixels, and has double the cars on the track.

It's not a good comparison, Forza is likely to be direct grabs, GT5 there is definately off screen. And why is it all squashed to feck?

Also, don't forget, GT5 is pushing at least 50% more pixels, and has double the cars on the track.

Yep, I'm sure the final product will look much better than that vid.

I think gt might be the most expensive game I ever buy, will be getting G25 and seriously considering a 3d tv if the results are worthwhile.

Would we really suprised at this point? They just about have the kitchen sink in there.

My brain melted a bit.

Can you explain how that technology could be utilized in the PS3?

Well, it shows it in the two images. One looks to have around 800 cars, it says it's a car index viewer, and then you zoom in to see one in full detail. Not the best way to do it in this case IMO, but it seems to be doing it. Unless it's a separate app using the GT car models.