Gaming Gran Turismo 5

It's going to be really fun in the rain, I'm not even thinking about rain at night.

t9w6l5.gif

This has to be quoted for comic effect.

"So, props to Kazunori Yamauchi-san and the PS1 team," said Greenwalt. "That said," he continued, "I feel that he's passed us the baton. Perhaps he hasn't meant to, but we have taken the genre to new levels and they've stopped evolving the genre. So again, tremendous respect to him, but I'd say the differentiator is they're old school." He conclued, "The emperor's naked, and I don't want to, you know, I don't want to slap him around, but no game competes [with] us right now."

Greenwalt! :lol:

Even I was never expecting this.

6e408l.jpg

The only thing that's really bugging me in many of the videos I've seen is the hand moving to hit the shift paddles. The whole point in having those is so that you can shift without gripping the wheel.

IIRC, they had it right in GT5 Prologue, just a touch with the index and middle fingers.

The only thing that's really bugging me in many of the videos I've seen is the hand moving to hit the shift paddles. The whole point in having those is so that you can shift without gripping the wheel.

IIRC, they had it right in GT5 Prologue, just a touch with the index and middle fingers.

It is annoying, but you've got to think that will 200+ cars, and all being different, its a heap of work so it seems they've implemented this style to work on all cars.

Weaste, how much do you think game pushes the PS3's capabilities?

The graphics and physics in this game does seem insane and i doubt very much that the xbox360 could handle this. looks to me were seeing a new benchmark for games to come.

Also this game has the potential to kill off a lot of poorly ventilated PS3's, like mine which sits on the carpet...

After seeing the VW buses in the trailer, I can't help but wish that they include the pope-mobile in it, too.

So it's definitely going to be released early November or is it just a date that they can still change?

I'm surprised they havnt gone for a mid December release...same with the new consoles really

Plenty of those top sellers are released on the break of October and November - all Grand Theft Autos for PS2 were release around that time if I remember correctly, they've only released GTA IV in May for some reason.

PS. Weaste I've added you in anticipation of this game. My PSN is my username.

What's your username?

I'm deliberating whether to get a wheel or not....does it really make that much of a difference? I've only ever played GT with controllers.

You ever driven a real car with a control pad? A proper racing game deserves to be played with a wheel and pedals.

AdZzUtd I would think?

I sense AdZ is playing is both, he's that kind of gimp.

You ever driven a real car with a control pad? A proper racing game deserves to be played with a wheel and pedals.

I see, well I'll look at picking one up closer to the time. I seriously can't wait to drive in the rain, at night, in high definition, around Trial Mountain. OMG!