Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you really blame RVP? Of course not.

Arsenal have become something of a laughingstock in recent years. RvP wasn't the first to abandon ship and he won't be the last. Wilshere will be the next, probably next summer after another miserable season where Arsenal barely make fourth place, which "is as good as a trophy" according to their manager.

That said, if you're a gooner it's prefectly reasonable to be bitter toward RvP.
The least he might have done is extend to two years so we'd get a proper market fee. Pure greed and disloyalty to run down the contract.

The least he might have done is extend to two years so we'd get a proper market fee. Pure greed and disloyalty to run down the contract.
Good on him for not signing that contract and potentially chasing suitors away.

EDIT: who was that speaking in the clip? He has a very punchable mouth and annoying way of speaking.

Great example of useless television coverage of the transfer rumour, Tito made it clear today where the club, player & coaches stood on Fabregas

Barca will have made €55m from selling Thiago and Fabregas if this goes through. Being a club of their stature they'll have no problems tempting top class midfielders from all over Europe to join them with that kind of money. They probably only need one midfielder to replace them anyway.

Great example of useless television coverage of the transfer rumour, Tito made it clear today where the club, player & coaches stood on Fabregas

Have't read what Tito's comments were regarding his, the club and other coaches stance were when it came to Fabregas, just what Fabregas told him how he felt. Seems that many have been hanging on the fact that Tito didn't actually say anything about the club or his view on the matter that is leaving a bit of of the door open on this matter.

Maybe it's not that easy and you're full of hot air.

Maybe yes...although who ever said it was easy?

Or maybe I just don't bother answering silly questions accompanied by a cringe-inducing charade through a maze of replies.

Maybe yes...although who ever said it was easy?

Or maybe I just don't bother answering silly questions accompanied by a cringe-inducing charade through a maze of replies.
Your posts suggested it was easy. It's alright to admit you couldn't do the job yourself. I couldn't.

Vilanova's comments are a little strange. There's a lot of "Cesc wants to stay" and a complete lack of "and we want him to stay". The feck is wrong with Barca? They sign the best midfielder in England and start playing him as a striker/"false 9" bollocks. Did they not watch him at Arsenal or something? Their fans are arseholes regarding him too.

Barca will have made €55m from selling Thiago and Fabregas if this goes through. Being a club of their stature they'll have no problems tempting top class midfielders from all over Europe to join them with that kind of money. They probably only need one midfielder to replace them anyway.
good point..

Who is that guy and where are his understandings coming from?

He just shows up every now & again - he works for Sky Sports, behind the scenes type of thing. Cant stand the dick!

Good on him for not signing that contract and potentially chasing suitors away.

EDIT: who was that speaking in the clip? He has a very punchable mouth and annoying way of speaking.

As above & yeah he speaks like he's patronising a 90yr old semi-deaf bloke & thats just pissed himself... Cant stand the feck!

I really think we are going to sign him.

I thought so with RVP before we were even declared interest too.

Let's hope for a brace! :)

I can't think of a player who realisticaly could improve us more than Fabregas.

Why the feck wouldn't we chase him? He's easily worth £40m imo, at least to us.

Cesc Fabregas wants to stay at Barcelona but will leave if club want to sell him to Man United.

This is top class reporting. Barcelona re-selling Thiago back to themselves is huge news. And since he doesn't want to be there, it's surely back on?!

Its a fantasy team man & boys will be boys... :D

I've been listening to the great knowledgeable folk on here alright Kanie - "dont believe everything you read" is pretty much the moral of the story, but that goes for Transfer Forum posts aswell :)

I suppose, that must means my choices are more of a nitemare team than fantasy.

Ah I can't wait for the silly season to be over. Roll on August.

True, and there's no evidence that Fabregas will force Barcelona's hand as RVP. Even if he's not starting many games he's still an important figure for the sniveling catalans, first in line behind Iniesta and Xavi. He's living in Barcelona, which is a huge plus, and I'm sure his wages are more than adequate.

Still, Barcelona may see brilliant talent in their ranks and decide that now would be a great time to cash in on Cesc. I really can't see that happening, but then again we sold Beckham and Ruud when they were both at the peak of their game.

I agree that's why I asked about Sergi Robertom Cesc also gives them goals from midfield something they have lacked.

I can't think of a player who realisticaly could improve us more than Fabregas.

Why the feck wouldn't we chase him? He's easily worth £40m imo, at least to us.

Yeah, we should have bid atleast £33m for him instead of £26m. He's worth much more than that figure, but as it stands Barca havent said he aint for sale, so maybe there's room for negotiations... Lets hope so anyway!

Yeah, we should have bid atleast £33m for him instead of £26m. He's worth much more than that figure, but as it stands Barca havent said he aint for sale, so maybe there's room for negotiations... Lets hope so anyway!

Saying that he wants to stay just means 'we arent being forced to sell, if you want him you're gonna have to make us a decent offer'. Cesc saying he'd be open to moving to United means 'offer Barca the right amount and I am yours'

Its definitely on

Eh? What does it matter what we offer? If we offer them £35m straight away, they will use that as a bargaining chip in case they decide to cash in on him. Starting low may increase our chances of not spending more than £10m from where we started.

Swap them Rooney plus a few quid. That's the only way I can see Barca being interested.

Saying that he wants to stay just means 'we arent being forced to sell, if you want him you're gonna have to make us a decent offer'. Cesc saying he'd be open to moving to United means 'offer Barca the right amount and I am yours'

Its definitely on

Hope its as simple as that man. I'm sick of goin through scenario's in my head about whats going on & then comin back to the above one you mentioned as the dream scenario..

Can you really blame RVP? Of course not.

Arsenal have become something of a laughingstock in recent years. RvP wasn't the first to abandon ship and he won't be the last. Wilshere will be the next, probably next summer after another miserable season where Arsenal barely make fourth place, which "is as good as a trophy" according to their manager.

That said, if you're a gooner it's prefectly reasonable to be bitter toward RvP.

Ignorant and imbecilic. Not sure what I expected in this thread to be honest.

Eh? What does it matter what we offer? If we offer them £35m straight away, they will use that as a bargaining chip in case they decide to cash in on him. Starting low may increase our chances of not spending more than £10m from where we started.

They'll have a value on Fabregas & if thats met & he wants to come - then its sorted. Wont matter what you start off at - its us meetin their valuation, which is probably about £35-40m..

They'll have a value on Fabregas & if thats met & he wants to come - then its sorted. Wont matter what you start off at - its us meetin their valuation, which is probably about £35-40m..
Yes but you dont know what they value him at. Its not a release clause to straight away offer £35m. You have to play hardball in negotiation. You throw everything out in the first round, you will end up losing more. Even if you have money you dont want to show that you do.

Yes but you dont know what they value him at. Its not a release clause to straight away offer £35m. You have to play hardball in negotiation. You throw everything out in the first round, you will end up losing more. Even if you have money you dont want to show that you do.
Naw, we should take the opposite approach.

Perhaps they should get Moyes a gold chain and a pimp cane. Then we can have every player.

I suppose, that must means my choices are more of a nitemare team than fantasy.

Ah I can't wait for the silly season to be over. Roll on August.

Although my line-up was just a wishlist & a bitta craic, the likes of Garay/Marquinhos, Fellaini, Baines, Bale, Ronnie & Fabregas, are all doable if we cough up using this warchest we supposedly have - its as simple as that in my opinion...

In all honesty and seriousness, is there any possibility that this could still be on?

I fecking hate when United buy established players from oversees because the circus is just too much for me. You rarely get this with local transfers. (ex Berba)

Really don't know what to think of this one. I really can't see how united would have bid without either knowing Fabregas could be gettable either by the club being willing to sell or him willing/wanting to go. But Barca's comments seem more final then your typical, he's not for sell comment. Really seem to cut him leaving for playing time which was really our main chip. Oh well fingers crossed.

He's certainly worth more than £26m thats for sure - thats less than what they bought him for. That was a rediculous figure & United will most likely have a figure of £35-40m in their heads of gettin the deal done. The big clubs seem to offer close to the perceived value of players & get the deal done as quick as they can - we always seem to piss about & drag it out..

When they were both in the PL, Fabregas was by far the better player.

I was just on RAWK reading their Moyes thread and a lot of the talk is of this potential transfer and a lot of guffawing. There was one post though that rang true. At the time of Barca buying Cesc he was the best midfielder in England and possibly in the top 3 worldwide. If he got on a plane back to England to sign for any club he's immediately be the best midfielder in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.