Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Fabregas does not want to leave its a no go really.

If he had even the smallest desire to leave I think Barca would be happy to cash in on him. Looks like Barca have flirted the idea of him leaving to our scouts, but he does not want to play ball. What can you do?

Interesting that Barca didn't directly reject the bid. Instead Tito said he spoke to the player and the player himself wanted to stay instead, that indicates to me Barca are willing to sell if the price is right or they may need those funds to buy whoever they want. Actually am i clutching at something here?

no more so than any of the rest of us who would just love it, love it, if united did indeed sign a top quality midfielder....

Nah
Alright, alright, calm down...

DDG​
Rio Vida Garay​
Fellaini​
Carrick Fabregas​
Ronnie Kagawa Bale​
RVP​
:D:drool::D:drool::D

Nah that aint happening RHD, the odds on us getting Ronnie, Bale, Fibreglass and Garrrrrrrrrrrrry are just tooooooooo far fetched. Have you not listened to the knowledgable folk on here? Moyes is panic bidding along with Woodward, we more likely to end up with Titus Bramble, Rory Delap, Paul McShane @(what a return that will be) and scotty too hotty parker

If he had even the smallest desire to leave I think Barca would be happy to cash in on him. Looks like Barca have flirted the idea of him leaving to our scouts, but he does not want to play ball. What can you do?
Do you not think we'd have gone and had a little chat with his advisers/agent before tabling an official bid?

Another point to consider would be that Tito Vilanova is just a coach. I doubt he has little say in who stays or who goes.

I find it wired that we put in a bid for a player without knowing if he's interested. I refuse to think we are so amateurish.
It could be the other way as well. We could have put in a bid to see how he reacts and how interested he is.

It could be the other way as well. We could have put in a bid to see how he reacts and how interested he is.

Maybe though with the way players have agents these who for a top club like ours are easily contactable, you would have thought it would have been simpler to find out first from the agent.

Do you not think we'd have gone and had a little chat with his advisers/agent before tabling an official bid?

I only feel we cannot have.

Why would he say he is interested in leaving, then when we table a bid just turn it flat down?.

Either he is trolling of the worst kind, or we have just made a bit of a show to the press that we are "trying" to sign the big name players.

If we do not go back in with a bigger bid then IMO, it was all just for show.

I find it weird that we put in a bid for a player without knowing if he's interested. I refuse to think we are so amateurish.

Edit. iPad and auto spelling sucks in the summer. The sun makes me blind.

So does masturbation. I'm surprised half the bleeding caf isn't squinting after all this speculation about Fabregas and Thiago.

Really ? Even after losing Thiago ? Their midfield options would look terribly thin

Why would he say he is interested in leaving, then when we table a bid just turn it flat down?.

Either he is trolling of the worst kind, or we have just made a bit of a show to the press that we are "trying" to sign the big name players.

I agree . I think we HAVE to go in with a bigger bid now. We went in so low it would expected because there hasn't been outright "no not for sale whatsoever", or Fab stating catergorically he isn't interested in united. If we don't, then indeed it really will look like we just did this for show...

What? You're saying the manager has no say on who the club signs/sells?
Things are different in Europe. He's not a manager, he's a coach. I'm not saying he has no say but not quite the tight grip on the reigns Fergie had here.

Really ? Even after losing Thiago ? Their midfield options would look terribly thin

Xavi / Iniesta / Busquets / Song / Mascherano / Sergi Roberto

That midfield is still very strong in anybodies eyes.

Do not forget they have Thiagos younger brother also waiting in the wings, he could be part of the first team setup.

edit: who is to say they wont also replace fabregas with somebody else, perhaps somebody younger who is happy to take a place on the bench a bit longer.

If we're doing it for show and bidding for players we know we can't get why not bid for Ronaldo? It's ludicrous.

Why would he say he is interested in leaving, then when we table a bid just turn it flat down?
The player doesn't turn the bid down. Barca obviously think he's worth more than what we offered, that has nothing to do with whether he wants to come or not.
This is nonsense.
Again, nonsense. We've bid because we want to buy him. If we don't go back with another bid it will be either because Barca said point blank they refuse to sell, or that they want £Xm for him before they'll consider it and £Xm happens to be an amount we're not willing to pay.

If we're doing it for show and bidding for players we know we can't get why not bid for Ronaldo? It's ludicrous.

That would be far too obvious though wouldnt it? If we rocked up and offered 50M for Messi, everybody in the world would be laughing at us.

Fabregas is a target which makes sense. I hope this is not the case of course, but I dunno... something just feels odd about it.

Did not something like this happen before with David Silva? We had a bid accepted by Valencia but he turned us down. Perhaps we do not research enough with the players before bidding officially.

Xavi / Iniesta / Busquets / Song / Mascherano / Sergi Roberto

That midfield is still very strong in anybodies eyes.

Do not forget they have Thiagos younger brother also waiting in the wings, he could be part of the first team setup.

edit: who is to say they wont also replace fabregas with somebody else, perhaps somebody younger who is happy to take a place on the bench a bit longer.

I'll explain better, Mascherano is no longer a midfielder for them, Song is average (he doesn't fit in that system), Xavi is past his best but can still contribute. I don't know enough about Sergi Roberto tbh, only Iniesta and Busquets are top top quality. Losing Cesc and Thiago in one summer and not buying adequate replacements will make them weaker than ever. Not saying they won't buy anyone just to be clear.
Look how PSG played vs them and how Bayern destroyed, Barca's midfield was already on a downward spiral before even losing anyone

I'll explain better, Mascherano is no longer a midfielder for them, Song is average (he doesn't fit in that system), Xavi is past his best but can still contribute. I don't know enough about Sergi Roberto tbh, only Iniesta and Busquets are top top quality. Losing Cesc and Thiago in one summer and not buying adequate replacements will make them weaker than ever. Not saying they won't buy anyone just to be clear.
Look how PSG played vs them and how Bayern destroyed, Barca's midfield was already on a downward spiral before even losing anyone

good points...which kind of means that United were bloody stupid to bid for Fab to be honest....they would have known all this

Mascherano only played CB because they lacked any decent CB to cover Puyol. Now that they are reportedly signing Thiago Silva, he will be played back as a CDM, unless Pique is injured etc.

That would be far too obvious though wouldnt it? If we rocked up and offered 50M for Messi, everybody in the world would be laughing at us.

Fabregas is a target which makes sense. I hope this is not the case of course, but I dunno... something just feels odd about it.

Did not something like this happen before with David Silva? We had a bid accepted by Valencia but he turned us down. Perhaps we do not research enough with the players before bidding officially.

Ronaldo makes more sense than Fabregas though. At least he seems interested at the very least.

This saga is all a bit fishy, I think there's much more to it than what's on the surface.

If it is for the good of the press as was suggested they've been linking Ronaldo with us all summer so it wouldn't be that huge a surprise. There's a reason I said Ronaldo and not Messi. It would be considered just as realistic as bidding for Fabregas.

Same here. And correct me if I m wrong, the press reported Villanova saying what Fabregas told him. It could be that Villanova knows of his players interest in joining us but is under a lot of pressure to block the transfer after the Thiago affair. Let's assume that's the case.
By claiming that Fabregas told him he would stay, he is forcing Fabregas to come out and say he d like to leave Spain. Now Fabregas either shuts his mouth and stay or else he declare that he likes to leave and he,rather than Villanova, ends up getting the stick from Barca fans.

So it's a win win situation for Villanova

good points...which kind of means that United were bloody stupid to bid for Fab to be honest....they would have known all this

I really hope there is some stuff we know nothing about, like Moyes and co have an ace up their sleeves when it comes to Cesc because otherwise this is really strange.

If it is for the good of the press as was suggested they've been linking Ronaldo with us all summer so it wouldn't be that huge a surprise. There's a reason I said Ronaldo and not Messi. It would be considered just as realistic as bidding for Fabregas.

I know what your saying. To be honest it did not matter who the player was. As long as they are a top class player it would have had the same effect.

I guess we just need to wait and see what happens. If we really want him badly we will not stop at 25m. Surely testing the water with a 40m bid will get Barca pushing him closer towards the door, maybe a little arm round the shoulder from RVP too would help ;)

Is there any chance Barcelona have their eye on another player and are willing to let Cesc go if it means they can get him? Someone like Gundogan maybe? The only way selling Cesc makes sense to me is if they're lining up a replacement.

I really hope there is some stuff we know nothing about, like Moyes and co have an ace up their sleeves when it comes to Cesc because otherwise this is really strange.
Moyes wasn't on an 8 week holiday at all. He was on the beach with Fabregas all summer plying him with sangria and asking if he fancied playing for Utd. He's a wily one that Moyes.

If this will drag longer than a week, maybe two, we may start looking somewhere else.

The situation isn't that dramatic... yet.

Mascherano only played CB because they lacked any decent CB to cover Puyol. Now that they are reportedly signing Thiago Silva, he will be played back as a CDM, unless Pique is injured etc.

Time will tell, Thiago Silva and his agent deny any agreement at Barca, Thiago Silva was adamant in saying he'll stay at PSG. Whatever that is true or not remains to be seen, one thing is sure, Barca will try to buy a CB and that like you said, will make Mascherano more of a midfielder than before.
I hate this transfer window btw.

Good God.

We have NOT just put in a frivolous bid for Fabregas for show, or for the press, or to appease the fans. If you think we have you're a fecking idiot.

Bidding £10m under a club's valuation for a player who doesn't want to leave does not show intent and does not appease anyone. We've bid because we want him.

If we were gonna do something for show we would have at least broken our transfer record.

Status
Not open for further replies.