Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because the season is a few weeks away and United haven't yet concluded any significant business. The side isn't suitably prepared for the start of the season.

So we bid for a player....and it's strange?

you know what you can tell by this thread? People/fans are anxious/nervous, worried about the changes at the club and it's impact on the season ahead. Sure in previous seasons heated debate has been had regarding transfer targets, but this one is much much more personal with it's sometimes abusive attacks.

....its weird..

If the majority of us seem to think Fabregas isn't coming, why are the club wasting precious days in the transfer window with this? This whole thing is puzzling. Is it just to make them look like they are doing something? If they are not careful they will make themselves look stupid. Adrian Durham has just made some comment about 'Does anyone want to play for David Moyes'? Matt Holland said he would, but Matt is a United fan. If there is other business being done apart from this, why not stay quiet and get on with it, not throw these maybe bogus transfer stories in the mix.

Because the season is a few weeks away and United haven't yet concluded any significant business. The side isn't suitably prepared for the start of the season.

and we are rectifying by bidding for players.

If the majority of us seem to think Fabregas isn't coming, why are the club wasting precious days in the transfer window with this? This whole thing is puzzling. Is it just to make them look like they are doing something? If they are not careful they will make themselves look stupid. Adrian Durham has just made some comment about 'Does anyone want to play for David Moyes'? Matt Holland said he would, but Matt is a United fan. If there is other business being done apart from this, why not stay quiet and get on with it, not throw these maybe bogus transfer stories in the mix.

You know this thread has officially gone ridiculously when people are paying attention to what Adrian Durham is saying.

Doesn't mean there isn't a plan. It just has 't come to fruition yet. When you're Chief Executive we won't need to worry about this. Can you give us an exclusive into how you'll prepare for the season when you're in charge?

I just don't get why you'd bid for a player who doesn't want to leave and isn't for sale and even then, try and lowball the club with an unrealistic figure.

Surely there must have been some signs of encouragement for United to even consider bidding?

I wish the club made bids to take some of the posters from the Caf to the official facebook page.

you know what you can tell by this thread? People/fans are anxious/nervous, worried about the changes at the club and it's impact on the season ahead. Sure in previous seasons heated debate has been had regarding transfer targets, but this one is much much more personal with it's sometimes abusive attacks.

....its weird..
And rightfully so. Looking at the sides around us, our midfield isn't good enough at this moment in time. European wise that gap is even bigger. It's disappointing to be honest, because we have known this for a couple of years now and the club haven't sorted it out for whatever reason. As it is, we have found ourselves in a position where are in desperate search for a midfielder, and a quality one at that.

We've put in a bid so we obviously think this can happen. Logically we must have received a signal from either the player or the club that a bid would be worthwhile.

Thing is, neither the player or the club are giving any signs to the media that the deal is going to happen. This means that a failed attempt will inevitably be portrayed as desperate stupidity on our part. After all, a failed attempt will almost certainly end with Cesc saying he never wanted to leave and Barca saying they were never going to sell. Logically that can't be true as we're not stupid enough to make a bid without one of the parties telling us they're interested, but our bid would probably still be mocked in the same way the Kaka to Man City situation was.

It's difficult to see any logic in Barcelona wanting to sell or in Fabregas wanting to leave. Obviously there must be a lot more going on than we know about but from what we've seen in the media so far this bid looks destined to fail.

and we are rectifying by bidding for players.

That is a problem in itself, we seem to have problems and always have had, attracting players who are either not United fans or are from abroad and either cannot be persuaded to leave their clubs or always go for another option. That has not just happened this season. Maybe it doesn't matter who the manager is. Maybe it is a Manchester thing. Manchester seems to have a unfair image. Bleak northern town where it always rains. They would rather stay abroad or go to the bright lights of London.

Before making bids enquiries will be made in the form of asking the player's agents/advisers if the bid would be a go-er. I refuse to believe that we've just bid for him cause Moyes wants him, without doing any ground work at all. That would be retarded.

First time I wrote this was in June 2006. Similar situation but another manager.

It's all about expectations.

All United supporters around the world have been waiting for the club to buy a new midfielder this summer. The media knows this, the seniors at the club knows it too. Everybody on this planet including Vlaimir Putin and Barack Obama knows that we need to strengthen our midfield. It's a public secret that not even Edward Snowden had to search for.

Out goes Sir Alex and David Gill and in cones Moyes and Woodward. If there where expectations before change in command it's now sky high. It's a must to put it mildly.

The summer starts without any public activity from United. Everybody is waiting. Suddenly the Thiago saga starts. Days and weeks goes and nothing happens. Supporters gets frustrated. Media gets frustrated. Is it possible that our new manager feels these expectations?

After a long time Moyes starts to work and probably think that now it's time to buy some players. He gets positive reports from the agent of Alcantara, according to reports Barcelona confirmed that we had put in a bid, and thought that this was more or less a closed deal. In comes Bayern and Pep. Thiago starts to hesitate. At this moment I can almost see how Moyes starts to feel the pressure. Quite natural. Everything goes fast and he have the Rooney affair, the Pre season tour, adapting to his new job and another thousand things to think about.

Suddenly the Thiago deal collapse. United and especially Moyez lose the pre seasons first game. Media ask questions. Supporters starts to panic. I bet a lunch that Moyes starts to panic a little bit too. He's after all just a human and new on this job, maybe one of the the hottest seat on earth ATM.

Phase two. United make a bid for Fabregas. Huge question marks arias. Where is the logic in this bid? Why Fabregas? Why now? Why didn't we bid for him in the first place? Nobody knows. Media speculate. Redcafe speculate. Supporters starts to fight with each others. Top reds defends everything under the sun and go bananas if someone questions our club or David Moyes. The doubters goes bananas. Everybody is clueless and everybody think then know what's going on. Especially Ciderman and The Neviller have total control. ( joke guys, we need to smile once in a while)

We are all victims for expectations. That's why we all starts to look for scapegoats.

i just read that biscuits has just signed a new deal at barca, when this one falls through we should put a bid in for him.

We've put in a bid so we obviously think this can happen. Logically we must have received a signal from either the player or the club that a bid would be worthwhile.

Thing is, neither the player or the club are giving any signs to the media that the deal is going to happen. This means that a failed attempt will inevitably be portrayed as desperate stupidity on our part. After all, a failed attempt will almost certainly end with Cesc saying he never wanted to leave and Barca saying they were never going to sell. Logically that can't be true as we're not stupid enough to make a bid without one of the parties telling us they're interested, but our bid would probably still be mocked in the same way the Kaka to Man City situation was.

It's difficult to see any logic in Barcelona wanting to sell or in Fabregas wanting to leave. Obviously there must be a lot more going on than we know about but from what we've seen in the media so far this bid looks destined to fail.

If it was David Gill that had done this we might believe they had received that signal. However, this is a new chief executive. A lot of people will worry until some signing are made and we understand how he goes about his business.

First time I wrote this was in June 2006. Similar situation but another manager.

All United supporters around the world have been waiting for the club to buy a new midfielder this summer. The media knows this, the seniors at the club knows it too. Everybody on this planet including Vlaimir Putin and Barack Obama knows that we need to strengthen our midfield. It's a public secret that not even Edward Snowden had to search for.

Out goes Sir Alex and David Gill and in cones Moyes and Woodward. If there where expectations before change in command it's now sky high. It's a must to put it mildly.

The summer starts without any public activity from United. Everybody is waiting. Suddenly the Thiago saga starts. Days and weeks goes and nothing happens. Supporters gets frustrated. Media gets frustrated. Is it possible that our new manager feels these expectations?

After a long time Moyes starts to work and probably think that now it's time to buy some players. He gets positive reports from the agent of Alcantara, according to reports Barcelona confirmed that we had put in a bid, and thought that this was more or less a closed deal. In comes Bayern and Pep. Thiago starts to hesitate. At this moment I can almost see how Moyes starts to feel the pressure. Quite natural. Everything goes fast and he have the Rooney affair, the Pre season tour, adapting to his new job and another thousand things to think about.

Suddenly the Thiago deal collapse. United and especially Moyez lose the pre seasons first game. Media ask questions. Supporters starts to panic. I bet a lunch that Moyes starts to panic a little bit too. He's after all just a human and new on this job, maybe one of the the hottest seat on earth ATM.

Phase two. United make a bid for Fabregas. Huge question marks arias. Where is the logic in this bid? Why Fabregas? Why now? Why didn't we bid for him in the first place? Nobody knows. Media speculate. Redcafe speculate. Supporters starts to fight with each others. Top reds defends everything under the sun and go bananas if someone questions our club or David Moyes. The doubters goes bananas. Everybody is clueless and everybody think then know what's going on. Especially Ciderman and The Neviller have total control. ( joke guys, we need to smile once in a while)

We are all victims for expectations. That's why we all starts to look for scapegoats.

What is this nonsense?

:lol:

What a hilariously absurd post.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

There are no words.

I just don't get why you'd bid for a player who doesn't want to leave and isn't for sale and even then, try and lowball the club with an unrealistic figure.

Surely there must have been some signs of encouragement for United to even consider bidding?

I agree. the behind the scenes negotiations, contact, midnight phone calls between chief Execs and chairmans we are just not party to and no doubt go on all the time. Ferguson said himself that agents call united every day trying to quietly say their client might be interested in a move there.

If United did quite literally just pick up the phone after Thiago and say..."oh ok then...fair dos.....how about 25k for Fabregas then..." then that would be so out of character for the club to render it madness...

I agree. the behind the scenes negotiations, contact, midnight phone calls between chief Execs and chairmans we are just not party to and no doubt go on all the time. Ferguson said himself that agents call united every day trying to quietly say their client might be interested in a move there.

If United did quite literally just pick up the phone after Thiago and say..."oh ok then...fair dos.....how about 25k for Fabregas then..." then that would be so out of character for the club to render it madness...

Let's hope so

If it was David Gill that had done this we might believe they had received that signal. However, this is a new chief executive. A lot of people will worry until some signing are made and we understand how he goes about his business.

He might be a new chief executive but it's not like he's some clown we picked up off the street. He must be at least vaguely competent to have been given the job.

Plus even if he was incompetent it's not like he's the only one involved in the deal. The manager, scouts, board, owners and probably Saf would all probably be aware of what is going on.

As such, there's surely too many competent people involved for them not to realise that some signals from Cesc/Barca are necessary before making a bid. If everyone one the caf can see that why wouldn't they?

Been on nights, so playing catch-up here.
I ruled this out from the start, but having read Tito's comments, and the complete lack of "Not for sale" type quotes, I thought that Barca were up for selling.
What could be the reason for not totally rebuffing the offer?

Maybe, and it is a stretch, but maybe Barca are trying to get Fabregas to commit to a new, lengthy contract.
I dunno. Conflicting messages here.
I Barca rebuffed it, it could be to push up the price, but they haven't. Is it the player's terms that are the reason for the mixed messages?
Maybe.

I still don't see it happening, but I expected neither party to show an interest in our offer. It seems it's not that simple.

Brilliant....

It would be for David Gill, but we have no idea how Ed Woodward works. Maybe he is Peter Kenyon's love child.Maybe this is just the media being mischievous. It is a pity that Gill and Sir Alex didn't work up to 1st July to get the groundwork done. See I am panicking again. :nervous: Once someone is signed I will calm down, as long as it is a midfielder and as long as it isn't Bebe's younger vagrant brother.

That post was a compilation of bits from the Official Man Utd Facebook page.

Interesting that Barca didn't directly reject the bid. Instead Tito said he spoke to the player and the player himself wanted to stay instead, that indicates to me Barca are willing to sell if the price is right or they may need those funds to buy whoever they want. Actually am i clutching at something here?

Status
Not open for further replies.