Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's nothing weird about it unless you've genuinely never followed a transfer story in your entire life before this one.

You seem to think "Well the player has said he's happy at the club" is somehow a unique, never before heard, clock-blocking finality rather than what we hear almost ALL the time in the transfer preamble.

No, its only not weird if you are really blind enough not to see a difference between Fabregas leaving Barca after such a short stint there and random player X leaving random club Y.

There's nothing weird about it unless you've genuinely never followed a transfer story in your entire life before this one.

You seem to think "Well the player has said he's happy at the club" is somehow a unique, never before heard, clock-blocking finality rather than what we hear almost ALL the time in the transfer preamble.

Cesc's denial is pretty damn conclusive. There's no "only god knows my future" or "I'm a barca player at the moment" stuff about it.

Did people laugh at Chelsea when they put a bid in for Modric and failed? I'd be interested to see the responses on here when that was the case.

Did people laugh at Chelsea when they put a bid in for Modric and failed? I'd be interested to see the responses on here when that was the case.

I'm pretty sure it was all doom and gloom as per fecking usual. "At least Chelsea have tried, why haven't WE put a bid in?"

Not sure we are sort of club at the moment where Bruce said something like 'I'd walk barefoot from Norwich to manchester to play for united'

....still...that was Brucie.....bless...

Didn't Modric want to leave Spurs though? It's not really a wholly accurate comparison - though I get what you're saying.

We're operating with far too few facts to come there's a high likelihood that Fabregas will be a United man in 13/14.

I doubt it will happen, but I'm not completely ruling out either. What I do reject is the suggestion that this is not a serious bid, that it's a PR stunt intended to either get supporters to stop talking about Thiago, to unsettle Barcelona or some other nonsense.

I'm pretty sure it was all doom and gloom as per fecking usual. "At least Chelsea have tried, why haven't WE put a bid in?"
Just had a look at the thread and that's pretty much it. Don't see anything about how embarrassing it was for Chelsea.

We're operating with far too few facts to come there's a high likelihood that Fabregas will be a United man in 13/14.

I doubt it will happen, but I'm not completely ruling out either. What I do reject is the suggestion that this is not a serious bid, that it's a PR stunt intended to either get supporters to stop talking about Thiago, to unsettle Barcelona or some other nonsense.

To be fair, nobody has really claimed he would be.

Not sure we are sort of club at the moment where Bruce said something like 'I'd walk barefoot from Norwich to manchester to play for united'

If we were in for a player like Steve Bruce now it would just be page after page of whining that he wasn't good enough, regardless of what he said.

Cesc Fabregas told he's NOT going to Manchester United claims Barcelona boss

Cesc Fabregas has told Barcelona boss Tito Vilanova, in person, that he's STAYING at the Camp Nou.
You might think that revelation slammed the lid on the former Arsenal man's current transfer intrigue - with a £26million bid by Manchester United left to float round the u-bend alone and unloved.
You might think that it meant a move to Old Trafford, or even back to the Emirates, was definitely OFF.
After all, these are words from the horse's mouth, straight into the horse's ear. Two different horses, obviously. Both singing from the same hymn sheet. Barca don't want to sell. Fabregas doesn't want to go. Game over.
Wayne Rooney might say be wary of what some managers claim about conversations they have had with players...
But we have no reason to doubt Barcelona coach Tito and he could hardly have been more explicit.
Vilanova said at a press conference this morning: "I'm aware there have been offers, I had a conversation with him [Cesc Fabregas] and he told me that he wanted to continue here and that he didn't want to go to another big club.
"He wants to succeed here."
So that is that. Or not.

If City put in the bid it would have no doubt been seen as something that underlined our lack of ambition and ability to compete for the top players. As we we put in a bid it's "bizarre".

You surely see the differences though dont you?
People aren't a bit confused or upset because our initial offer was turned down, but because of the circumstances it all happened under.
Just after losing out on Thiago we decide to go for a player from the same team, that plays in the same position as him, a player that has never shown any interest in leaving the club.

I'm actually one of those who believes we have a plan. I just don't think we would allow our bid to become public when we haven't done any work beforehand. That this offer would be turned down was pretty clear though. It was way below of what Cesc is worth and probably our negotians have just started.

I still can see why ppl are confused though. It really looks quite weird and if it turns out that we didnt have a plan behind this all it looks amateurish and a bit embarrassing. I believe though.

We got turned down quite a lot in recent years and never was so much criticism aimed at our club. That's simply because of the reasons I just mentioned.

If City put in the bid it would have no doubt been seen as something that underlined our lack of ambition and ability to compete for the top players. As we we put in a bid it's "bizarre".

This despite everyone on here wholeheartedly ripping the piss out of them for missing out on Sanchez and Kaka.

Yeah we aren't the same club as we were then. We are a lot better.

If it helps to say it aloud I'm pleased for you.
You're not very clever are you. I'd have had to pay attention to reply to it. Don't be an arse because your joke fell flat. You'll do better next time.

Btw, is that your original forum name? Haven't really checked these parts much recently and it's not ringing a bell. I'm hardly on here nowadays though so I could have easily missed it.

You surely see the differences though dont you?
People aren't a bit confused or upset because our initial offer was turned down, but because of the circumstances it all happened under.
Just after losing out on Thiago we decide to go for a player from the same team, that plays in the same position as him, a player that has never shown any interest in leaving the club.

I'm actually one of those who believes we have a plan. I just don't think we would allow our bid to become public when we haven't done any work beforehand. That this offer would be turned down was pretty clear though. It was way below of what Cesc is worth and probably our negotians have just started.

I still can see why ppl are confused though. It really looks quite weird and if it turns out that we didnt have a plan behind this all it looks amateurish and a bit embarrassing. I believe though.
The only difference is that there are people on this site who revel in portraying Utd in a bad light for some reason. Why would people jump to the assumption we have no plan?

You're not very clever are you. I'd have had to pay attention to reply to it. Don't be an arse because your joke fell flat. You'll do better next time.

Btw, is that your original forum name? Haven't really checked these parts much recently and it's not ringing a bell. I'm hardly on here nowadays though so I could have easily missed it.

You did reply. Twice.

People are saying that the amount we bid and the publicity surrounding the bid is bizarre, not the notion of bidding for a great player like Fabregas

The amount doesn't seem strange does it? The consensus of how 'bizarre' it is seems to be based entirely on the player not publicly stating his desire to leave. Which isn't bizarre at all.

Wasn't there also an interview with RVP's wife in 2012 sometime expressing their happiness in London and Arsenal?

The only difference is that there are people on this site who revel in portraying Utd in a bad light for some reason. Why would people jump to the assumption we have no plan?

For the reasons I've already mentioned. We were quite clearly interested in Thiago. And just after we got turned down by him we go for another player from the same team playing in the same position and let that bid become official. Add to that it is a player that loves the club he is currently playing for and has many years played for an opponent in the PL. It really is a bit strange isnt it? But you are right I also think we got a plan although I can't quite see it now.

For the reasons I've already mentioned. We were quite clearly interested in Thiago. And just after we got turned down by him we go for another player from the same team playing in the same position and let that bid become official. It really is a bit strange isnt it? But you are right I also think we got a plan although I can't quite see it now.

Someone said earlier that Fabregas has been linked to United for a number of weeks in Spain. We shouldn't confuse us hearing about something with when it actually happened/started.

Someone said earlier that Fabregas has been linked to United for a number of weeks in Spain. We shouldn't confuse us hearing about something with when it actually happened/started.

That's very true and it's one of the reasons I believe sth might be going on. I remember many ppl claiming we were in for him before the whole Thiago drama started. I don't believe we are just coming back to Fabregas because Thiago turned us down.
FWIW I still don't see him joining us. Not that I wouldnt like him here. He would be perfect.

The amount doesn't seem strange does it? The consensus of how 'bizarre' it is seems to be based entirely on the player not publicly stating his desire to leave. Which isn't bizarre at all.

I think the amount is quite low, considering what Barca paid Arsenal only two seasons ago.
Fabregas has also seemed quite bullish about wanting to stay there and Tito seems to want to keep him. That's what makes it a "bizarre" bid. It seems like neither player nor club want the deal to go through and we are not exactly tempting them with a relatively paltry offer.

Because the season is a few weeks away and United haven't yet concluded any significant business. The side isn't suitably prepared for the start of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.