Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair, you just made all that up based on nothing. No one knows what's going behind the scenes.

Very true. It's pure speculation. But the circumstances of this bid are very odd.

While I do not understand what is going on, Moyes is not inexperienced.

Neither Moyes nor Woodward have previously been exposed to this kind of pressure or scrutiny. Nobody but the fans cared who Everton signed.

Have we gone through the Guardian's assertion that he would consider moving?

In the same article....

"The former Arsenal midfielder has consistently rejected any talk this summer of a move away from Barcelona and even if the club were to signal he could leave, Fábregas, who has three years remaining on his contract, could decide to stay and fight for a regular starting place under the coach, Tito Vilanova."

Considering the rest of it is a pile of horseshit with pizza soup topping, I doubt it.

To be fair, you just made all that up based on nothing. No one knows what's going behind the scenes.

Exactly. People are just making up a lot of pointless mumbo jumbo based on absolutely nothing. It's typical of the Caf though.

It sounds like two inexperienced people, Moyes/Woodward, panicking a bit when the Thiago deal collapsed, realizing that, despite all the big talk, they didn't have a proper plan B, and deciding to chance their arms with a bid for Fabregas, without knowing whether the player wanted to come or Barca wanted to sell, "Who knows, maybe they'll accept, and all out problems will be solved."

I hope that's not the case however.

Its insane how stupid people think some of the most important people in the club are.

And again the notion that we threw a bid in because no-one at the club knows how to do transfers properly has been raised. Some fecking idiots on here.

'Well....Thiago failed, Ed. What do we do now?'
'Well i never actually took notice of how David did things so i'm not sure....offer money for that other oft-benched midfielder of theirs....what's his name...Franko Fibreglass.'
'But he's worth £35m.'
'Just offer £25m, that might do it.'

Isn't Tito referencing a conversation that he's had with Fabregas at the start of the summer though? Things could of changed with the signing of Neymar.

Exactly. People are just making up a lot of pointless mumbo jumbo based on absolutely nothing. It's typical of the Caf though.
Just like Sky and the rest of the press then. At least some people on the caf called the Cesc thing right straight off the bat.

So De Rossi, Modric anyone? :lol: I quite liked that younger African lad that played in the AFnations cup not too long ago, around 22, combative midfielder.. Ayew possibly? (I don't mean Jordan)...

Nothing embarrassing about not signing a player you wanted but yeah, if fabregas comes out tomorrow and categorically states he's not interested in moving to us, it wont look good on our part.

Why would he?

What an enormous assumption. We could have bid for ANYONE and you still could have said the same.

How do we think transfers work

First bid goes in: "feck me, what a coincidence we were thinking of selling and he wants to go too"

I don't get this sudden pretense of naivety of how transfers play out just because we're involved.

And again the notion that we threw a bid in because no-one at the club knows how to do transfers properly has been raised. Some fecking idiots on here.

'Well i never actually took notice of how David did things so i'm not sure....offer money for that other oft-benched midfielder of theirs....what's his name...Franko Fibreglass.'
'But he's worth £35m.'

That appears to have happened.

The fallout if this doesn't happen will be hilarious (just like the Thiago-fallout)

On one had you'll have the people questioning the ability of the club to make signings, on the other, you'll have the 'we weren't even interested 'cos the club didn't confirm anything' crew.

The transfer window is fun.

Just like Sky and the rest of the press then. At least some people on the caf called the Cesc thing right straight off the bat.

I mean it's amazing how this even developed into anything.

Any sane person would have immediately realized that after Barca sold Thiago they wouldn't sell another midfielder who on top is even more important to the team than Thiago.

From the press side I can see why they want something to happen, so far the transfers have happened in France, Germany and Spain with English clubs not bringing in any sginings that would get their readers really excited, so they jump on any potential super star signing they can find but this was always a non-story to begin with and anyone who possess only half an ounce of logic should have non from the start that this is never going to happen.

Not really dismissing. It just seems rather strange that Utd has bid for a player like Fabregas who clearly doesn't want to leave the Barcelona and has about 3 years remaining on his current contract.

Why is it strange? Have you spoken to him?

Loving this pretense of suddenly now transfer bids only happen when a player has stated a desire to leave. It's right up there with the 'strange timing' of the bid being made during the transfer window and not slap bang in the middle of the Crimean war as is obviously more usual

Why would he?

What an enormous assumption. We could have bid for ANYONE and you still could have said the same.

How do we think transfers work

First bid goes in: "feck me, what a coincidence we were thinking of selling and he wants to go too"

I don't get this sudden pretense of naivety of how transfers play out just because we're involved.

eh? Cant you see the difference in this particular case? The player is a lifelong barca fan, grew up in their academy, left a club and manager he absolutely loved to go back there and has rubbished speculation about a move in a very firm manner just a month back. Add to that the fact that he played plenty of games for them last season and with his biggest competitor moving clubs will feature even more, what reason is there for such a huge shift in his stance in a month's time?

fabregas to barca when he was a arsenal player was a unique transfer. there's a reason why no other club got involved and he went for the price he did given his quality. similarly, if he leaves now, it'l be another unique situation because i dont think any club could just come in and woo him away.

That appears to have happened.
What, so you think because Tito's come out and said Cesc isn't for sale, that our gaffer who's been a top 7 Premier League boss for 11 years and our new Chief Exec who's spent the last few years learning off David Gill in preparation for this role, have just blindly put an undervalued bid in for a player playing for a team who have just lost a midfielder, even though the player himself doesn't want to move at all. No contact with Cesc, no contact with his agent, no contact with Barca?

That would make our board the most stupid board in the world, and considering Gill and Fergie were adamant they were leaving the club in fantastic shape, i doubt this is the case at all.

'But he's worth £35m.'

It really does beggar belief, doesn't it? :lol:

The fallout if this doesn't happen will be hilarious (just like the Thiago-fallout)

On one had you'll have the people questioning the ability of the club to make signings, on the other, you'll have the 'we weren't even interested 'cos the club didn't confirm anything' crew.

What do you mean with if? This was never a story to begin with, do people on here really think Barca will sell their biggest midfield talent and one of their most important midfielders in one transfer window or is it just open shopping season at Barca and anyone can grab whatever they want? Why not go for Messi or Iniesta then?

Why is it strange? Have you spoken to him?

Loving this pretense of suddenly now transfer bids only happen when a player has stated a desire to leave. It's right up there with the 'strange timing' of the bid being made during the transfer window and not slap bang in the middle of the Crimean war as is obviously more usual

We're not talking about Benteke leaving Villa nor Bale leaving Spurs, it's Fabregas leaving Barcelona. Not exactly a cake walk in the part now is it?

Have you actually not read his comments a month back when asked about a move to United?

Have you actually not read comments from almost every single professional player in the game when asked about a transfer to club X, Y and Z?

Using your logic UEFA may as well have announced there was no point opening up the window at all on the basis that hardly any players expressed explicit public desires to leave prior to 1st July

What do you mean with if? This was never a story to begin with, do people on here really think Barca will sell their biggest midfield talent and one of their most important midfielders in one transfer window or is it just open shopping season at Barca and anyone can grab whatever they want? Why not go for Messi or Iniesta then?

Well, we're speaking from a point where nothing has happened yet - apart from the bid. I don't think we'll get him, but I don't like being categorical about the future.

People saying our board have put a blind bid in.

This would be a smaller scale equivalent of Chelsea offering £60m for Ronaldo without having first spoken to Real, him or his agent.

We're not talking about Benteke leaving Villa nor Bale leaving Spurs, it's Fabregas leaving Barcelona. Not exactly a cake walk in the part now is it?

Well I don't know what a cake walk in the park is. Would it be like never forgetting to ride a bike and eating it?

A lot less than the Thiago fallout tbh because a lot of people are having a hard time taking this bid seriously.

What, so you think because Tito's come out and said Cesc isn't for sale, that our gaffer who's been a top 7 Premier League boss for 11 years and our new Chief Exec who's spent the last few years learning off David Gill in preparation for this role, have just blindly put an undervalued bid in for a player playing for a team who have just lost a midfielder, even though the player himself doesn't want to move at all. No contact with Cesc, no contact with his agent, no contact with Barca?

That would make our board the most stupid board in the world, and considering Gill and Fergie were adamant they were leaving the club in fantastic shape, i doubt this is the case at all.

Well yes, it would be a bit of an optimistic bid to say the least... we'll just have to wait and see.

Have you actually not read comments from almost every single professional player in the game when asked about a transfer to club X, Y and Z?

Using your logic UEFA may as well have announced there was no point opening up the window at all on the basis that hardly any players expressed explicit public desires to leave prior to 1st July

Christ. If you dont see how Fabregas leaving barca is so bloody different to other transfers that happen all year round, there really isnt much I can say here.

Also, there's a massive difference between not expressing a desire to leave and clearly saying the people that think he wants to leave barca dont know him. Go figure.

"I've always said that I'm happy at Barca. Whoever says that I'm leaving doesn't know me and has never spoken with me.
"Nor with my agent, because he knows that I don't want him to talk with other people about me. I'm very private and I don't even talk about these things with my family.
"If someone says anything that isn't that I want to play at Barca, it's completely absurd.

You think this is the same as a player not saying to the press that he wants to move? Specially given the player and the club in question and their history.

Circumstances and situations change.

Why's it so hard to believe the club actually did some ground-work on the deal as to it's feasibility before putting in a bid?

Thiago was Fabregas's biggest competitor at Barcelona all of a sudden?

For a place in CM (where he prefers to play) behind the obvious trio, ofcourse he was. Who else do you think he was competing with? Song? Or the Sergi Roberto kid?

The fact is that everyone of our competitors have strengthened their side - we have done nothing to strengthen the squad short-term. Moyes can talk about how things are progressing nicely but it's a question of signing or not signing players - there is nothing in between. And I agree - this whole Fabregas-bid (if it exists) seems bizarre. It would be very surprising if we persuade him to come - and the fact is we are running out of time and we do not even seem close to signing anyone. We have to have faith in Moyes - but something must happen in the next 2-3 weeks or I fear we might end up with some 3rd-rate panic buys near the end of august.

Well lads & lasses, it looks as though we're getting another summer without that big misfield signing. That's me officially done entertaining any more transfer rumours. From now on I'll find out about any from manutd.com.

Circumstances and situations change.

Why's it so hard to believe the club actually did some ground-work on the deal as to it's feasibility before putting in a bid?

You must not have read my posts in the thread then. I've categorically stated that I cannot believe that we wouldnt have talked to fabregas's camp before putting a bid in, we arent run by amateurs. Thats why this whole saga is so bloody weird. The player rubbished rumors a month back and yet we've bid which can only be once we've confirmed that he'd be open to moving. and then today their manager came out and said fabregas has confirmed that he wants to continue. all very absurd.

HOW is it bizarre? It's only bizarre if you assume we pulled a number and a figure out of a hat.

If you give us credit for actually doing some ground work into players and deals before we make a bid it isn't bizarre in the slightest.

You must not have read my posts in the thread then. I've categorically stated that I cannot believe that we wouldnt have talked to fabregas's camp before putting a bid in, we arent run by amateurs. Thats why this whole saga is so bloody weird. The player rubbished rumors a month back and yet we've bid which can only be once we've confirmed that he'd be open to moving. and then today their manager came out and said fabregas has confirmed that he wants to continue. all very absurd.

There's nothing weird about it unless you've genuinely never followed a transfer story in your entire life before this one.

You seem to think "Well the player has said he's happy at the club" is somehow a unique, never before heard, clock-blocking finality rather than what we hear almost ALL the time in the transfer preamble.

Status
Not open for further replies.