Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bid/rumours over Thiago => check
Bid for Fabregas => check
Bid for Gundogan => next week
Bid for Vidal => wait for him to sign new contract
Bid for Fellaini => once everyone is so desperate they would play my gran in midfield

I remember Ferguson discussing how we failed with a bid for David Villa, he didn't want to leave Spain.

I don't think he ever specifically mentioned his name though, did he? He said "a player I really wanted" or something but didn't openly state it was Villa, though it was just widely accepted it was him.

Isn't the official bid supposed to have been submitted evening Sydney time? Prior to Bayern officially announcing Thiago done?

Also, if we were not in negotiations with Thiago then we wouldn't for sure know when Thiago deal was going to be done and we were just going on about with our business. The fact that we ended up submitting our bid for Fabregas, our supposed main target, could be nothing more than a big coincidence.

As to why we did we bid for a player who a month ago publicly stated he didn't have any intention on leaving - well it's not possible in that time discussions we were not privy to took place that made United think there is a distinct possibility of making the deal happen?

Well either way the club themselves would obviously known by then that it was ThiagOFF.

it could be a coincidence, an absolutely enormous one, mind.

No coincidence at all. No more a coincidence than there ending up being two keepers on the pitch during a game.

Um, I don't think that, I've already said that...

Difference being he usually said that when we were acting going to ... sign the player (DDG, RvP, Jones, Berbatov spring to mind). On the other hand failed transfers were either never discussed or hand outright "bids" posted onto sites like the BBC (Ozil, Sneijder) or were either left until a few months later before giving explanations (Hazard, Moura).

There was absolutely no confirmation that we were going to sign RVP or Berbatov when Fergie announced that we were interested in them. Berbatov was a very complicated deal.

So Chelsea, City and Arsenal are all sniffing around Fabregas now hey? How embarrassing of them.

I mean fair enough we put in the bid to test the waters, but they've seen us get knocked back and are still interested, I hope their fans are embarrassed of their respective clubs...

There was absolutely no confirmation that we were going to sign RVP or Berbatov when Fergie announced that we were interested in them. Berbatov was a very complicated deal.

And yet we got them both.

Maybe Fergie was just an absolute genius when it came to purchasing players, I mean, he announced we'd get DDG a month before we even signed him. Point is, it was Fergie himself who said these things, it wasn't a "leak" by the club or whatever.

Maybe Fergie was just an absolute genius when it came to purchasing players, I mean, he announced we'd get DDG a month before we even signed him. Point is, it was Fergie himself who said these things, it wasn't a "leak" by the club or whatever.
Wasn't DDG done a month before we signed him, but the official announcement and medical waited until after the Euro u21s?

So Chelsea, City and Arsenal are all sniffing around Fabregas now hey? How embarrassing of them.

I mean fair enough we put in the bid to test the waters, but they've seen us get knocked back and are still interested, I hope their fans are embarrassed of their respective clubs...

If only they had Fergie and Gill, they wouldn't be embarrassed aswell.

Fergie also last season said that we were interested in Lucas.

This transfer saga is one of the weirdest ones in recent times.

Player says he doesnt want to leave and anybody who thinks he wants to play elsewhere doesnt know him. a month later, we launch a bid. barca again confirm he doesnt want to leave.

I have no clue what to believe here. I dont for a moment think we can be stupid enough to make a bid and then leak it to the public without knowing fabregas wants to move or not. But then Vilanova saying today matches totally with what fabregas said a month back.

would love to see how things progress in this one.

Fergie mentioned these things after they had already been in the press. When did he ever talk about a player who hasn't already been speculated about in the media?

Player says he doesnt want to leave and anybody who thinks he wants to play elsewhere doesnt know him. a month later, we launch a bid. barca again confirm he doesnt want to leave.

I have no clue what to believe here. I dont for a moment think we can be stupid enough to make a bid and then leak it to the public without knowing fabregas wants to move or not. But then Vilanova saying today matches totally with what fabregas said a month back.

It's fairly obvious we did some ground work on the bid before throwing £25m on the table. All we're seeing is what happens in 99.99% of transfers with people pretending there's somehow something illogical or unique or bizarrely timed about this one.

Fergie mentioned these things after they had already been in the press. When did he ever talk about a player who hasn't already been speculated about in the media?

They were speculation in the press, basically just like the Thiago stuff was all complete speculation, hence why the club never actually said anything themselves nor leaked anything to the extent of the Fabregas one where by a source as reputable as the BBC would print it as fact. If you think about it, basically the whole Thiago saga was total speculation.

I know, this is confusing as confusing gets when it comes to transfers. Hopefully it just ends up with us signing Fabregas and then the muppets can laugh at all the anti muppets who called our bid embarrassing.

if we really have money - make a bid for Bale or Ronaldo...Ronaldo has not renewed a contract, this would be the perfect time why not try..? or Bale for the same reason - put in a bid for 60-70 million and see what happens. Do we really have the funds as we are told??

http://www.marketwatch.com/investing/stock/Man Utd/financials/balance-sheet
Educate yourself.

They were speculation in the press, basically just like the Thiago stuff was all complete speculation, hence why the club never actually said anything themselves nor leaked anything to the extent of the Fabregas one where by a source as reputable as the BBC would print it as fact. If you think about it, basically the whole Thiago saga was total speculation.
You're working off the assumption that Utd deliberately leaked this. There's no proof of that.

It sounds like two inexperienced people, Moyes/Woodward, panicking a bit when the Thiago deal collapsed, realizing that, despite all the big talk, they didn't have a proper plan B, and deciding to chance their arms with a bid for Fabregas, without knowing whether the player wanted to come or Barca wanted to sell, "Who knows, maybe they'll accept, and all out problems will be solved."

I hope that's not the case however.

It sounds like two inexperienced people, Moyes/Woodward, panicking a bit when the Thiago deal collapsed, realizing that, despite all the big talk, they didn't have a proper plan B, and deciding to chance their arms with a bid for Fabregas, without knowing whether the player wanted to come or Barca wanted to sell, "Who knows, maybe they'll accept, and all out problems will be solved."

To be fair, you just made all that up based on nothing. No one knows what's going behind the scenes.

You're working off the assumption that Utd deliberately leaked this. There's no proof of that.

Nope, But all English journalists got it at the same time. Someone leaked it. I doubt Barcelona would have been calling all english journalists. Who's left?

Modric obviously. He's basically the Madrid version of Fabregas. Made a fuss in order to be able to leave quite recently, has settled in pretty nicely, is an important part of plans there, and has no chance whatsoever of moving.

Go for it!

While I do not understand what is going on, Moyes is not inexperienced.

I know, this is confusing as confusing gets when it comes to transfers. Hopefully it just ends up with us signing Fabregas and then the muppets can laugh at all the anti muppets who called our bid embarrassing.

It's fairly obvious we did some ground work on the bid before throwing £25m on the table. All we're seeing is what happens in 99.99% of transfers with people pretending there's somehow something illogical or unique or bizarrely timed about this one.

Nothing embarrassing about not signing a player you wanted but yeah, if fabregas comes out tomorrow and categorically states he's not interested in moving to us, it wont look good on our part.

Nope, But all English journalists got it at the same time. Someone leaked it. I doubt Barcelona would have been calling all english journalists. Who's left?
Did they have to call them all? The key word in my statement was deliberately. Fergie himself talked of there being too many leaks in the club. If it was leaked at our end there is nothing to suggest it was a strategy by the men that matter as it achieves nothing.

Wow.

It seems like you've just posted some bullshit.

Status
Not open for further replies.