Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
well it surely has judging by the resposes to anyone considering the possibility.

The common theme is only nutjobs think it is a pr stunt.

edit. why does the quote keep forgetting the post i have qouted.

This is to the many. it has not worked as a pr stunt replies.

As I said yesterday, if it's us and Arsenal, he'll surely pick us. He's entering his peak years now.

There's no surely about Fabregas choosing Utd over Arsenal. He still loves the latter and Wenger is still the manager. He can also be convinced by Wenger that they really want to mount a serious title challenge and may be motivated to be a part of it again. There's absolutely very little evidence that he'll go to Utd because of your recent successes with winning the league. Also, IF Wenger has the genuine option of getting Fabregas back in his squad, he'll be a little more motivated to snap up a couple more quality players. I think most of you are assuming he feels the same way about Arsenal as you do.

We may as well talk about whether Rooney will resign for Everton with all this nonsense of Fabregas going back to Arsenal

I agree at this stage that it looks like the Thiago situation was unavoidable (though there's also plenty floating about that Moyes wasn't actually overly bothered about him) as soon as pep came along, however the Fabregas bid was just ridiculous in my eyes because it was never in a million years going to be accepted. Do you think the club actually thought that if they bid £25m then this transfer was actually plausible considering he only recently said he had absolutely no intention of leaving, and the day before they already lost their most talented youngster who plays in practically the same position? Hells naw.

Ofcourse they'll bid low for the first time. It's the basic rule of negotiation isn't it?
We would be pretty retarded to bid 30-35m at the first time.

Well at least this one didnt hang around too long before being dismissed. Who will be the next wankfest for you clowns?

I dunno. Maybe some people are under the impression there's a transfer window where players sometimes swap clubs.

I know, what idiots. LMAO and all that.

There's no surely about Fabregas choosing Utd over Arsenal. He still loves the latter and Wenger is still the manager. He can also be convinced by Wenger that they really want to mount a serious title challenge and may be motivated to be a part of it again. There's absolutely very little evidence that he'll go to Utd because of your recent successes with winning the league. Also, IF Wenger has the genuine option of getting Fabregas back in his squad, he'll be a little more motivated to snap up a couple more quality players. I think most of you are assuming he feels the same way about Arsenal as you do.
If the only motivation to sign other quality players comes from re-signing Cesc you guys have bigger problems then we apparently have.

Ofcourse they'll bid low for the first time. It's the basic rule of negotiation isn't it?
We would be pretty retarded to bid 30-35m at the first time.

It's also pretty weird to let the bid become public knowledge isn't it? Why did we bid the day after Thiago signed for Bayern? Why did we let it become public knowledge (something we've almost always managed to avoid under SAF and Gill). Why did we bid for a player whom a month ago said he had absolutely no intention of leaving?

Do you think we'll bid a second time?

If the new guys in charge wanted to pull a pr stunt to get the fans on their side wouldn't it be better to just make a public bid for Ronaldo? We could bid a lot higher without it being accepted.

Moyes wants a world class midfielder and this is genuine bid for one... this much is obvious.

It's also pretty weird to let the bid become public knowledge isn't it? Why did we bid the day after Thiago signed for Bayern? Why did we let it become public knowledge (something we've almost always managed to avoid under SAF and Gill). Why did we bid for a player whom a month ago said he had absolutely no intention of leaving?

Obviously we will IMO.

Oh and Fergie and Gill let it become public knowledge when it suited them.
Who do you think leaked this?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ura-Robin-Van-Persie-Glazers-send-signal.html

All this reactions when only Tito has only just revealed what Fabregas said months ago.
He didn't even said they don't want to sell him.

Fabregas could have reiterated to Tito yesterday what he said previously though. And as far as i know - Fabregas never said anything about "playin time" when he went public about stayin at Barca before, so thats new is it not?

Agree.. The Glazers have been doing this for years - taking the fans for a ride, saying we have the ronaldo money to spend but then have not been able to compete to get the best players in the transfer market. The Fabergas bid is just an attempt to hide their incompetence in closing the Thiago deal - They went haggling on Thiago until Bayern went and closed the deal in 3 days by paying well above the release clause. Why didn't we do that knowing that Thiago was worth well over the Release Clause? The management has been doing this for years and I get the feeling that Fergie's hands were tied too and couldn't say much against the Glazers. We sit here and listen to what They (management) tell us but in reality there is much more going on behind the scenes. The timing of releasing the info on the bid is quite peculiar as well - they were definitely trying to cover up..

For the last time, the Thiago move wasn't about money you fecking moron.

It was Thiago's decision once the release clause was met, he chose to play under Pep. Nothing we could have done.

Now kill yourself for posting a bullshit article which you didn't even source, and then replying to yourself like a Ihni binni dimi diniwiny anitaime rather than giving your opinions when you first posted it.

This time last year Van Persie wasn't ever going to even consider us, or at least that was the general consensus.

Feel how you want guys, my cock is out.

We may as well talk about whether Rooney will resign for Everton with all this nonsense of Fabregas going back to Arsenal
Rooney isn't going anywhere for two years until his contract runs down since no one wants to pay him £250K a week to stuff pies in his face. If his form/fitness continues to decline as much as it has in the last year it's probably Stoke for him after that.

Fergie spoke out against the PLC, Edwards, Kenyon, the wage structure etc but when the Glazer's took over he suddenly decided to take a vow of silence. Logical.

Don't know about you guys, but if there was even a 5% chance of something materialising, I'm fine with us taking a chance. If the club/player make it clear it's a no, we move on. I can handle the "shame and embarrassment" that comes after.

This time last year Van Persie wasn't ever going to even consider us, or at least that was the general consensus.

Feel how you want guys, my cock is out.

I think you'll find Arsenal turned down our initial bid so we never signed him.

Rooney isn't going anywhere for two years until his contract runs down since no one wants to pay him £250K a week to stuff pies in his face. If his form/fitness continues to decline as much as it has in the last year it's probably Stoke for him after that.

Rooney isn't on £250k though.

Obviously we will IMO.

Oh and Fergie and Gill let it become public knowledge when it suited them.
Who do you think leaked this?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...ura-Robin-Van-Persie-Glazers-send-signal.html

Are you messing? A dailyfail article? There's a far cry between that and it being all over BBC and SSN, KM. That article even goes so far as to say we were having a medical with Moura that evening, i.e. it's a load of fabricated tosh.

I'm not sure how people can argue the sheer obscenity of the Fabregas bid on our behalf, given the timing, price, and comments from both the player, club and manager about it. It's pretty much completely against the transfer policy we've had at this club in the SAF and Gill era.

If the only motivation to sign other quality players comes from re-signing Cesc you guys have bigger problems then we apparently have.

I never said that and you're twisting my words. I said IF (operative word here) Wenger has the genuine option of resigning Cesc, a player who he obviously didn't want to lose in the first place and also the fulcrum of his squad and plans post 2006, then he'd be more motivated to sign a couple more top players in order to mount a serious title challenge. I'm sure Wenger already knows he needs a couple quality players added to his team as it already is.

Don't know about you guys, but if there was even a 5% chance of something materialising, I'm happy we took a chance. If the club/player make it clear it's a no, we move on. I can handle the "shame and embarrassment" that comes after.

Yes. People here love to moan. First there was a moan about non-activity and now there is a moan about shame and embarrassment.

Also they should perhaps stop acting as if we're the only one who misses out on target.

Man City in the past few years have missed out on Hazard, De Rossi, RVP, Sanchez, Falcao, Cavani etc.

Are you messing? A dailyfail article? There's a far cry between that and it being all over BBC and SSN, KM. That article even goes so far as to say we were having a medical with Moura that evening, i.e. it's a load of fabricated tosh.

I'm not sure how people can argue the sheer obscenity of the Fabregas bid on our behalf, given the timing, price, and comments from both the player, club and manager about it. It's pretty much completely against the transfer policy we've had at this club in the SAF and Gill era.

I'm not messing with you. The author was Bob Cass who has been Fergie's long time friend.

oh you mean the same Bob Cass that SAF told to feck off in public?

Gotcha!

Either you're in a mood of moaning or acting deliberately dumb.

People have short memories here, I can't believe people who think that Fergie didn't leak out transfer stuff when it benefited him.

Don't know about you guys, but if there was even a 5% chance of something materialising, I'm fine with us taking a chance. If the club/player make it clear it's a no, we move on. I can handle the "shame and embarrassment" that comes after.

'Shame and embarrassment' I don't know why people are saying that clubs rarely willingly give away their best players it some cases it takes years to get said player, if he/they say no we move on, I wouldn't be embarrassed. I am already expecting a no.

Isn't the official bid supposed to have been submitted evening Sydney time? Prior to Bayern officially announcing Thiago done?

Also, if we were not in negotiations with Thiago then we wouldn't for sure know when Thiago deal was going to be done and we were just going on about with our business. The fact that we ended up submitting our bid for Fabregas, our supposed main target, could be nothing more than a big coincidence.

As to why we did we bid for a player who a month ago publicly stated he didn't have any intention on leaving - well it's not possible in that time discussions we were not privy to took place that made United think there is a distinct possibility of making the deal happen?

Either you're in a mood of moaning or acting deliberately dumb.

People have short memories here, I can't believe people who think that Fergie didn't leak out transfer stuff when it benefited him.

Um, I don't think that, I've already said that...

Difference being he usually said that when we were acting going to ... sign the player (DDG, RvP, Jones, Berbatov spring to mind). On the other hand failed transfers were either never discussed or hand outright "bids" posted onto sites like the BBC (Ozil, Sneijder) or were either left until a few months later before giving explanations (Hazard, Moura).

Um, I don't think that, I've already said that...

Difference being he usually said that when we were acting going to ... sign the player (DDG, RvP, Jones, Berbatov spring to mind). On the other hand failed transfers were either never discussed or hand outright "bids" posted onto sites like the BBC (Ozil, Sneijder) or were either left until a few months later before giving explanations (Hazard, Moura).

I remember Ferguson discussing how we failed with a bid for David Villa, he didn't want to leave Spain.

What does this prove?

That he and Ferguson cannot be friends because they had a row?

Gotcha!

obviously it was a tad tongue in cheek.

Read the article linked to though, it's a load of absolute bollocks. Lucas flew in to have a medical that day? fecking hell.

Status
Not open for further replies.