Fabregas

Status
Not open for further replies.
We do have a fair fight with them but those players have outstanding reasons to make the decisions they made. Had we lost them to another English club then the bitching and whining may have more merit.

You think a player who would otherwise sign for us won't do so because we made bids for other players first? I doubt it. How precious do you think these people are?

You'd be suprised I reckon. Players regularly cite how wanted they felt by a certain club as a huge factor in deciding to the join them. Again, the level of player I think should be playing for us would also have interest from some other very fantastic clubs, so if we are not seen to be trying hard enough, they may look elsewhere.

Of course, with regards to players who we would be doing a huge favour too by signing them, like James McCarthy for instance, would probably not care, as I said. The only issue with that is that you have James McCarthy, and not Thiago playing for you (for example).

There are many players we could easily buy, who would make all sorts of financial sacrifices to come here and sign a deal for life. Likewise, it would have been easier to convice Tunnicliffe to stay and not join Portsmouth or Bolton or whoever than it would have been to convince Pogba to stay and not join Juventus.

Interesting that Vilanova didn't say that Barca want him to stay rather he said Cesc wants to stay.

It's on.

You'd be suprised I reckon. Players regularly cite how wanted they felt by a certain club as a huge factor in deciding to the join them. Again, the level of player I think should be playing for us would also have interest from some other very fantastic clubs, so if we are not seen to be trying hard enough, they may look elsewhere.

Of course, with regards to players who we would be doing a huge favour too by signing them, like James McCarthy for instance, would probably not care, as I said. The only issue with that is that you have James McCarthy, and not Thiago playing for you (for example).

There are many players we could easily buy, who would make all sorts of financial sacrifices to come here and sign a deal for life. Likewise, it would have been easier to convice Tunnicliffe to stay and not join Portsmouth or Bolton or whoever than it would have been to convince Pogba to stay and not join Juventus.
Going for another first doesn't mean they would 't be wanted. We are apparently desperate after all.

I think what Villanova meant to say was, Fabregas did not want to leave.... without saying goodbye first!!!

I wish it would freeze.

Cant hack the heatwave eh Moses?

Feel ya brother - feckin Irish skin :)

Alot of silly bitchin goin on in this thread alright - we're all on the same side at the end of the day, so folk need to drop the dick-measuring type of verbals, it only puts you in a bad mood anyway & thats just a waste of your day.

Dont worry be happy - Moyes will have the bit between his teeth now after his first transfer baptism with the big boys!

Interesting that Vilanova didn't say that Barca want him to stay rather he said Cesc wants to stay.

It's on.

I think that's our only tiny slither of hope left. I'm struggling to think why Barca would sell him considering the circumstances, the only thing I can think of is they would need to raise the funds for other areas.

It'd have nothing to do with our bid if it was, I'd imagine.

I think Vilanova's comments have pretty much nipped this one in the bud.

Personally, I don't think what Tito said makes any real difference. I really don't think we would have gone in blind without being confident that we had at least some chance of signing him.

So then, do we harbour any hope, or is this over?

Don't think there was ever much hope, to be honest.

Which I find strange, I'm unsure how United sound out players but one would've thought a player would be open to a move if a bid was lodged? Which currently doesn't look the case.

I can't get my muppet heart into this. We'll bid for him but it won't happen. I'd love to be proved wrong though.
I'm usually a nonsensical muppet, but this can't surely be happening. I hope we bid a huge offer like 45m and see what happens.

Cant hack the heatwave eh Moses?

Feel ya brother - feckin Irish skin :)

Alot of silly bitchin goin on in this thread alright - we're all on the same side at the end of the day, so folk need to drop the dick-measuring type of verbals, it only puts you in a bad mood anyway & thats just a waste of your day.

Dont worry be happy - Moyes will have the bit between his teeth now after his first transfer baptism with the big boys!

I mean I wish the internet would freeze, I'm loving the heat.

Sky sources understand United's opening bid of £25million, communicated to Barcelona on Monday, has sharpened interest from Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City.

The reactions on here have been absolutely embarrassing so far.

I can't get my muppet heart into this. We'll bid for him but it won't happen. I'd love to be proved wrong though.
I'm usually a nonsensical muppet, but this can't surely be happening. I hope we bid a huge offer like 45m and see what happens.

I reckon Barcelona would snap your hand off. They've spent quite a bit on Neymar, and need a quality defender as much as we need a quality midfielder. And you know Barcelona with their money, they usually get players for quite cheap so they could easily bring in some adequate replacements with that money.

Don't think there was ever much hope, to be honest.

Which I find strange, I'm unsure how United sound out players but one would've thought a player would be open to a move if a bid was lodged? Which currently doesn't look the case.

I know I'm reaching, but it could just be Fabregas saving face.

I mean, Tito's comments weren't exactly a resounding endorsement. And, in fairness, reports yesterday suggested that while Fabregas is minded to remain at Barca, he'd consider a move if the club accepts a bid.

Interestingly, Barca seem not to have rejected the idea yet...?

I reckon Barcelona would snap your hand off. They've spent quite a bit on Neymar, and need a quality defender as much as we need a quality midfielder. And you Barcelona with their money, they usually get players for quite cheap so they could easily bring in some adequate replacements with that money.

Then, we put a bid up for like 37 and see what happens? And then try once more with 43 if that fails..
I hate being a muppets. I'm in and out of this saga far too much.

I know I'm reaching, but it could just be Fabregas saving face.

I mean, Tito's comments weren't exactly a resounding endorsement. And, in fairness, reports yesterday suggested that while Fabregas is minded to remain at Barca, he'd consider a move if the club accepts a bid.

Interestingly, Barca seem not to have rejected the idea yet...?

That's the straw we can clutch to right now.

It certainly looks like it?
The bid was rejected straight away and the player has publicly stated he has no interest in the move.

If there was no chance of us getting him then why bother? We are not that amateur in our dealings that we will not have at least sounded out Fabregas' agent about a move.

Sky sources understand United's opening bid of £25million, communicated to Barcelona on Monday, has sharpened interest from Arsenal, Chelsea and Manchester City.

Moyes is drawing them out so he can finalise a deal for Scott Parker without any of the big clubs bidding.

So then, do we harbour any hope, or is this over?

He never said that Cesc wasnt for sale, or did i miss that man?

You'd think that would have been the first thing he says & then that Cesc doesnt want to leave anyway, so case closed. That leads me to believe they might be willing to sell for the right price. feck knows to be honest :confused:

Lack of activity in the market a few weeks back and people moan, then we finally show some activity by making a bid for a world class player and people are still moaning.

Lack of activity in the market a few weeks back and people moan, then we finally show some activity by making a bid for a world class player and people are still moaning.

Conclusion: Moan United.

I reckon Barcelona would snap your hand off. They've spent quite a bit on Neymar, and need a quality defender as much as we need a quality midfielder. And you know Barcelona with their money, they usually get players for quite cheap so they could easily bring in some adequate replacements with that money.

Not really. They paid big money for Neymar, Ibrahimovic, Villa, Dani Alves, Chygrynskiy, Sánchez, Fábregas himself, all in recent years. They don't regularly shatter world records like Madrid but they do spend a lot of money.

I'm hopeful that the fact that Mourinho is at Chelsea and that City really don't need him will work in our favour, if this is still on that is.

All this reactions when only Tito has only just revealed what Fabregas said months ago.
He didn't even said they don't want to sell him.

My initial reaction was the same to be fair, but once you stand back and look at the comments in context, it's actually a pretty promising report. Basically, the decision seems to stand with Cesc, if he's changed his tune then it looks like a deal could be agreed. Although i'm assuming it will require another 5/6 million to get it done.

My initial reaction was the same to be fair, but once you stand back and look at the comments in context, it's actually a pretty promising report. Basically, the decision seems to stand with Cesc, if he's changed his tune then it looks like a deal could be agreed. Although i'm assuming it will require another 5/6 million to get it done.

Compare Moyes press conference about Rooney and Tito's press conference.

Status
Not open for further replies.